Why Test Soil Compaction?
- Increase yield by increasing root and plant development
- Increase the effectiveness of fertilizers, pesticides and herbicides
- Reduce time and fuel cost by reducing power needed to till a field
- Increase soil water retention
- 24' stainless steel rod with adjustable shock collar to prevent damage to the gauge during transport or storage
- Easy to read, color-coated, stainless steel dial that is liquid filled to reduce shock
- Durable molded housing with rubber grip handles
- Large and small tip included with convenient storage in tester housing
- Hanger hole with nail included for easy storage on wall or above workbench
- Penetration Depth: Up to 24" in 3" increments
- Green Testing Range (0-200 psi): Good growing conditions
- Yellow Testing Range (200-300 psi): Fair growing conditions
- Red Testing Range (300 psi and above): Poor growing conditions
- Two Tips Included: 1/2" tip for firm soil, 3/4" tip for soft soil
SKU 2681396 Model 08180 Weight 6.0000 Color No Size No Width No In Store Only No Price $159.97
Rural King provides a defect or damage warranty within 30 days of receipt. All Manufacturing Return Policies Supersede Rural King's Return Policy.
- Product Manual
Write Your Own Review
- Q & A
Product QuestionsQuestion by: Linh Marohl on Jun 28, 2013 7:59:17 AMHello,
This tester is supplied with two tips. A small tip that is 1/2" diameter which is used in firm soil, and a large tip that is 3/4" diameter which is used in soft soil. The dial has two scales, one for each tip, and they are calibrated in pounds per square inch, of the base area, of the cone shaped tip.
Please let us know if you have any further questions.
Thank youAnswer by: D.J. (Admin) on Jun 28, 2013 7:59:17 AM