We are proud to note that our Italian line has been influenced over the years by queens purchased from breeders Art Banta, Homer Park, Lloyd Penner and John Tollett. We have identified the best traits bred into their queens and added them to ours.We choose our breeder queens based on the hive's performance in honey production, gentleness, brood rearing viability and overall ability to overwinter healthy and heavy.We have taken special care of our Italians and they are the best of the best.
There are approximately 12,000-15,000 bees per individual 3lb box, please be aware that there is an expected shrinkage (death loss) of 1 - 2%.
- Each package includes cage, feeder can, queen, and 3 pounds of bees.
- Bees will not be shipped until sometime in April, depending on where your order is in the order queue.
- All orders will ship overnight once available.
- All orders are pre-orders.
DISCLAIMER:We offer no guarantee--implied, oral or written for any of package bees or queens. We must do this simply because we have no control of what you do with your bees. All payments for Queens and Bee Packages are NON REFUNDABLE. These are live insects and must ship next day air for delivery (This is UPS requirements not ours) When purchasing a mail order package you assume FULL responsibility, we are unable to make any guarantees. We are NOT responsible for package bees or queens left at the delivery location (customer assumes FULL responsibility). These are live animals and cannot withstand being exposed in their cages in the elements.
THE ITALIAN BEE
Italian honey bees, of the subspecies Apis mellifera ligustica, were brought to the U.S. in 1859. They quickly became the favored bee stock in this country and remain so to this day. Known for their extended periods of brood rearing, Italian bees can build colony populations in the spring and maintain them for the entire summer. They are less defensive and less prone to disease than their German counterparts, and they are excellent honey producers. They also are very lightly colored, ranging from a light leather hue to an almost lemon yellow, a trait that is highly coveted by many beekeepers for its aesthetic appeal.
Despite their popularity, Italian bees have some drawbacks. First, because of their prolonged brood rearing, they may consume surplus honey in the hive if supers (removable upper sections where honey is stored) are not removed immediately after the honey flow stops. Second, they are notorious kleptoparasites and frequently rob the honey stores of weaker or dead neighboring colonies. This behavior may pose problems for Italian beekeepers who work their colonies during times of nectar dearth, and it may cause the rapid spread of transmittable diseases among hives.
By purchasing these bees from RuralKing.com you are agreeing to everything found here.Learn More
Must purchase a minimum of 25 chicks. Hatchery Choice will be shipped, breeds will vary. Buff Orpington chicks are pictured.
NOTE: Hatchery only ships out on Monday's and the chicks will be delievered to your local Post Office where they will have to be picked up. Chicks will only be shipped via USPS.Learn More
The Farm Innovators 1500W Safe in All Tanks De-Icer rests at the bottom of a stock tank and is thermostatically controlled to operate only when necessary. With the sturdy protective cage, you can use this de-icer in any stock tank, including plactic.
- 1500 Watts
- Submergable- De-icer rests safely on tank bottom
- Compact enough to fit in small buckets
- Metal guard makes it safe for rubber, plastic or structural foam tanks
For the removal and control of mature gastrointestinal nematode infections of goats including haemonchus contortus, ostertagia circumcincta and trichostrongylus axei.
- Fortified with vitamins and minerals
- Breaks the life cycle of 3 major gastrointestinal worms
- Can be fed to all classes of goats, including pregnant and lactating does
- Treats 10, 100 lb goats
- 100% satisfaction guaranteed
Forged head hitch pin with swivel handle and zinc plated "R" clip pin. More than 25% stronger than grade 2. Available in numerous sizes. Yellow zinc dichromate plated.Learn More
- Heat treated tines for long lasting performance
- Consistent rubber quality assured by injection molding
- Hook style head for maximum rubber adhesion
- Yoke opening: 1-11/16"
- Bolt hole diameter: 3/8"
- Tine length from mounting hole: 10"
- Tine diameter: 9/32"
- Fits most round bar and parallel bar rakes with 1 5/8" bar
- John Deere Models: 54, 64, 74, 350, 640, 650, 652, 660, 662, 670, 672, 858A*, 894, 894A*, 896*, 896A Not for use on models with Vertical Mounting Studs
- New Holland Models: 56, 57, 256
- Also fits AC, AGCO, IHC, New Idea and many other models
- Will replace New Holland OEM#s: 65609, 850612
Bulkhead fittings and syphon tubes are available for Ace Roto-Mold tanks in the following sizes. Standard fittings that come included with each tank are listed in each tank table. A syphon tube is included with the purchase of all Pick Up Tanks and all Vertical Tanks 300 gallons or greater. Fittings listed below are available as additions to tanks ordered with multiple fittings. Both fittings and syphon tubes are available as replacement parts.
- Description - 1/2" Ace BulkHead
- Hole Requirement - 1 1/4"
Ever heard anyone comment on how beautiful a murky brown pond is? Neither have we.
Crystal Blue, clear water is easy to achieve with Pond Champs Crystal Blue Pond Dye. Proprietary formula is easy to apply and effects last year long with proper application and maintenance.
Clears up muddy ponds by reducing algae, and aids in settling dissolved solids.
To top it off, Crystal Blue is SAFE! This product is 100% safe for humans, swimming, pets, birds, fish, livestock, potable water and irrigation when used at label rates.
- 1 gallon treats ponds 1 surface acre 4 to 6 feet deep (1,500,000 gallons)
- Use additional Crystal Blue if deeper color is desired.
- Pour from container along shore, by spot treatment throughout water, or at water inlet.
- Disperses uniformly throughout water over a 24 hour period, depending on water current and winds.
- Additional treatment may be required based on factors such as rainfall, evaporation, or outflow.
- Follow all label directions, warnings and guidelines.
- Blue #9 (25.9%)
- Surfactant (1%)
- Inactive Ingredients (73.1%)
NOT for use in swimming pools or in streams, rivers, and other bodies of water not in control of the user.Learn More