At the request of beekeepers in colder climates of the northern states, we also produce the Carniolan cross. Our Carniolan breeders are mated in an isolated area and observed for a year prior to use in our breeding program. The Carniolan virgins are mated with our Italian drones, resulting in an excellent mix of both Italian and Carniolan traits which many customers prefer.
- Each package includes cage, feeder can, queen, and 3 pounds of bees.
- Bees will not be shipped until April 8th or April 29th, depending on where your order is in the order queue.
- All orders will ship overnight once available.
- All orders are pre-orders.
There are approximately 12,000-15,000 bees per individual 3lb box, please be aware that there is an expected shrinkage (death loss) of 1 - 2%.
DISCLAIMER:We offer no guarantee--implied, oral or written for any of package bees or queens. We must do this simply because we have no control of what you do with your bees. All payments for Queens and Bee Packages are NON REFUNDABLE. These are live insects and must ship next day air for delivery (This is UPS requirements not ours) When purchasing a mail order package you assume FULL responsibility, we are unable to make any guarantees. We are NOT responsible for package bees or queens left at the delivery location (customer assumes FULL responsibility). These are live animals and cannot withstand being exposed in their cages in the elements.
THE CARNIOLAN BEE
The subspecies A. m. carnica, from middle Europe, also has been a favored bee stock in the U.S. for several reasons. First, their explosive spring buildup enables this race to grow rapidly in population and take advantage of blooms that occur much earlier in the spring, compared to other stocks. Second, they are extremely docile and can be worked with little smoke and protective clothing. Third, they are much less prone to robbing other colonies of honey, lowering disease transmission among colonies. Finally, they are very good builders of wax combs, which can be used for products ranging from candles, to soaps, to cosmetics.
Because of their rapid buildup, however, carniolan bees tend to have a high propensity to swarm (their effort to relieve overcrowding) and, therefore, may leave the beekeeper with a very poor honey crop. This stock requires continued vigilance to prevent the loss of swarms.Learn More
Rolled Rubber offers superior durability, is suitable for both interior and exterior applications and is ideal for surfacing (or underlayment) areas that require resilience, sound absorption, spike resistance and/or traction.
The 100% recycled rubber rolls are specially designed and manufactured for durability. They also serve as an effective buffer against acoustical vibration.
- Thickness: 1/4" (6MM)
- Materials: Recycled Rubber
- Maintencance: Damp mop and dry. If you need to use soap, use dish soap or laundry detergent.
- Odor: No-odor, non-toxic
- Applications: Assembly Lines, Horse & Livestock Trailers, Pools & Gardens, Sub-floor Protection, Boat Docks & Ramps, Handicap Accessways, Runways & Paths, Ski Lodges, Spike Protection, Changing Areas, Golf Courses & Lounges, Ice Rink Blade Protection, Steps, Patios & Decks, Semi Trailer Flooring, Basements, Runways & Walkways, Trails
- For optimal ease of installation, store material at room temperature (70° F).
- Clean and clear the subfloor of all dust, dirt and debris.
- Unroll and lay out the Rubber Matting.
- Leave the flooring unrolled, in place for no less than 12 hours (ideally 24 hours) to adjust to the temperature. To prevent the mat from curling up, it helps if after the 12 hours wait, you flip the rolls over and roll them up in the opposite direction. Clean the floor again and unroll the mats.
- Make any necessary cuts in the mats to fit around immovable objects in the room, with a sharp blade and metal straight edge.
- Rolls must be installed in the same direction. Start on one side of the room and work your way towards the opposite side. Do not start on both ends.
- For Loose Lay installation, apply double sided tape to the perimeter of each roll.
- For Glue down installation, roll up the rolls and spread adhesive out in a line in front of the roll, about 8 to 10 feet, unroll the mat over it to the end of the adhesive and repeat till fully unrolled.
- In glue down installations, it is strongly recommended that you go over the mats with a 100 lb roller to ensure a proper bond. If a roller cannot be located for use, alternatively, you can walk on the mat, using small overlapping steps making sure that every inch of the mat has been walked on.
Regular Price: $5.49
Special Price: $5.05
- Easier than Shavings
- Cuts Stall Cleaning Time
- Dust Free, Mold, Bacteria & Insect Resistant
- Longer Lasting & more Cost Effective than other Horse Bedding
- Reduces Waste - Making Optimal Compost Available in 40 lb. Bags
The Dickey John Mini GAC allows you to accurately know when a field is ready to harvest. A moisture tester can take the guesswork out of knowing when the harvest to maximize you profits. Moisture contect is the universal factor used to detmine the price when traiding grain. The ability to know the moisture content at various stages of growth, harvest and sale can mean extra dollars for you in the season. You've worked hard hard to produce a solid crop so make sure to maximize your efforts with an accurante moisture reading before harvest and before selling. If you're not using a GAC product on the farm to test moisture, you're losing money—up to $1.42 per bushel of corn.
- Menu-driven operating system
- An internal scale (no pre-weighing)
- USB compatibility for calibration loading
- Used for over 450 grains and products
- Automatic temperature compensation
...And NO screw cap which can damage grains, create oily residue, and are cumbersome to use.
Package for the mini GAC includes:
mini GAC, loader, 9 volt battery, instruction manual, and 1 year manufacturer's warranty.
- Measure Method: capacitance, conductance, internal scale, temperature
- Moisture Range: 5-45%(depending on grain type)
- Grain Temperature: 32-122 Degrees F (0-50 Degrees C)
- Temperature Difference: 36 Degrees F (20 Degrees C) Instrument to grain sample
- Temperature Compensation: Automatic
- Grain Type: Whole Grain, no sample preparation
- Sample Size: 1 Pint (0.47 L)
- Display: LCD (106x56 pixels)
- Measures Parameters: moisture, grain tepmerature
- Calibrations: 20 grain calibrations(choose from over 450 calibrations that are available
Moisture Measurement Specifications
- Moisture Accuracy: calibrations are based on U.S. Federal Standard
- Moisture Repeatability: 0.2% moisture, depending on grain type in commercial trade range, typical
- Moisture Resolution: 0.1% moisture
Grain Temperature Measurement Specification
- Accuracy: 1.0 Degree F or 0.5 Degree C
- Temperature Resolution: 0.1 Degree F or 0.1 Degree C
- Operating Temperature: 40 - 113 Degrees F (5-45 Degrees C)
- Humidity: 5-95% non-condensing
- Power: 9V DC battery (installed)
Rechargeable 5 Gallon Spot Sprayer - Perfect for home watering: flowers, plants and small gardens!
- 1.0 GPM demand pump
- 5 gallon polyethylene tank
- Lever handgun
- Telescoping handle
- Rechargeable 12 volt battery & AC charger with built- in storage compartment
- Weatherproof components: automotive grade wiring harness & fuse
- Handgun sprays up to 12 ft. vertical & 25 ft. horizontal
- Coil hose
- Large 8 inch wheels
- Sprays 30 gallons on one charge