Adding colorant to your pond or water feature will not only enhance the aesthetic, but it can reduce undergrowth as well!
Aquashade is EPA registered to control the growth of algae and aquatic plants. By filtering out the spectrum of light rays that allow for photosynthesis (red-orange and blue-violet), this colorant inhibits bottom growth. Floating plants are not affected by this product if the plant has already reached the surface of the water.
After application, the water retains a beautiful aqua-blue tint for a professional appearance.
For use in contained lakes and ponds (ornamental, recreational, fish bearing/farming), both natural and manmade, with little or no outflow of water. Acceptable for use in swimming, animal and livestock drinking, irrigation, and fish consumption when used according to label.
- Apply early (before plant germination) to suppress the growth of algae and aquatic plants throughout the season.
- Most effective in water deeper than 2 feet.
- Not for use in drinking water or water intended for human consumption.
- Use with herbicide or algaecide to control shallow-water plants and surface algae mats.
- Dosage application is 0.25 gallons per acre-ft for 0.8ppm. 1 gallon treats 4 acre-ft (1.3 million gallons).
- Adhere to all label guidelines and warnings.
Active ingredients are 23.63% Acid Blue 9, & 2.39% Acid Yellow 23.
Cannot be sold in the following states: California, Connecticut, Maine, New Jersey, New York, Oregon and WashingtonLearn More
Protect and shade your pond! This 4X concentrated quart treats like a gallon of other diluted dyes.
One ready to use quart treats up to 1 acre, 4-6 feet deep. No mixing required.
Safe for recreational ponds, horses, livestock, birds, pets, fish, wildlife and the environment.Learn More
Nature's Blue is formulated to give your pond a long lasting natural blue color. One quart of super concentrate (S. C.) will treat one surface acre of water 4' to 6' deep. Nature's Blue should be added as needed.
It is important to never let the blue fade for this will give weeds and algae a chance to become established making them difficult to control. In colder climates Nature's Blue should be added just before winter to stop sunlight from penetrating the ice.
Note: One Quart of S.C. is equivalent to regular strength gallons on the market!Learn More
Black DyeMond will give your pond a rich appearance add provide beautiful reflections. For an even more mystic looking pond, use a 50/50 mix of Nature's Blue and Black DyeMond! One quart treats up to one surface acre 4 to 6 feet deep.
- Provides Beautiful Reflections.
- Safe for people, pets, fish, waterfowl & wildlife.
- Can be used in all water temperatures.
- No water use restrictions.
GreenClean is a granular peroxide based product. The mode of action is oxidation, which provides immediate control of algae, and it releases oxygen as it works. GreenClean is one of the only non-copper based algaecides currently on the market. GreenClean can be applied by broadcasting, as a dissolved liquid, or as a subsurface application. Application rates range from 3-170 pounds per acre-foot depending on the amount of algae growth.
We are unable to ship this item outside of the US.Learn More
Algae can quickly become a major problem for any pond or lake. Not only can it be an eyesore, it can also be detrimental to the health of your water and those who use it. In the United States, algae blooms are the primarily cause of fish kills. Algae can also damage watercrafts and boating equipment. If your pond or lake is being overrun with chara, coontail, naiads, hydrilla, milfoil, stargrass, pondweeds, or other algae species, turn to concentrated Hydrothol Granular 191. This easy-to-use formula is also effective for many varieties of lakeshore weeds. For over 30 years, Hydrothol has been one of the most trusted and widely-used herbicides/algaecides in America. In fact, it is the only registered organic broad spectrum aquatic algaecide available.
Fast-acting and effective even in slow-moving water, Hydrothol is a versatile choice. And because it will not bind to dissolved sediment, it can even be used in muddy sections of ponds and lakes. It is the premier choice for spot or marginal treatments. Use Hydrothol to clear paths in irrigational or drainage systems. Prepare your waterway for swimmers, skiers, or fishermen.
Feel comfortable knowing Hydrothol is the environmental choice. This granular dissipates quickly and does not bio-accumulate in the hydrosoil or in fish. Therefore, when properly used, it will not adversely affect your pond or lake or cause toxicity in fish.
Following treatment, restrict domestic and livestock water usage from 7 - 25 days depending on application. To avoid trapping fish in the treated area, it is best to apply the granular outward from the shoreline or in strips. Apply with a spreader or scoop. See product label for proper application information.
- 10 lb size
- Useful against a wide variety of aquatic algae and weeds
- Application rates: 3 to 136 lbs. per acre ft. of water
- Spot treatment rate: 12 lbs. per 1,000 sq. ft. with average depth of 4 ft.
- Qualified commercial applicators recommended for large applications.
- Cannot sell to the following states: CA, CT, ME, NJ, NY, OR, WA
We are unable to ship this item outside of the US.Learn More
Chemicals cannot be shipped to the following states: California, Washington, Maine, New Jersey, New York & Connecticut.
Algae Defense is fast-acting and works on a broad spectrum of algae. Begin applications early in the spring when water and temperature reaches 60° F and above. Early applications will reduce the amount of Algae Defense needed and reduce the amount of excess nutrients caused by dead algae. Unless steps are taken to reduce the overall nutrients in your pond, multiple applications may be needed for a full season of control.
Algae Defense successfully controls diverse algal types including branched, filamentous, and planktonic species. To obtain optimal control, apply Algae Defense in accordance with label directions at the first appearance of algae bloom. Begin applications early in the spring when water and temperature reaches 60° F and above. Early applications will reduce the amount of Algae Defense needed and reduce the amount of excess nutrients caused by dead algae.
Algae Defense may be toxic to Trout if carbonate hardness of treated water is less than 50 ppm. Most surface waters exceed this limit and pose no threat. If in doubt, use a Water Hardness Test Kit.
- Application: If your pond is not equipped with an aeration system, treat your pond in thirds, waiting 10 - 12 days between treatments to insure safe oxygen levels. Mix 1 gallon Algae Defense with at least 2 gallons of tap water and spray directly on the pond's surface where weeds are present. 1 gallon treats 10,000 square feet.
Fast, effective, and safe.
Cutrine Plus is a concentrated chelated copper algaecide. Chelated copper offers a long-lasting control of a variety of algae species. Less toxic to fish species than traditional copper sulfate. Contains no corrosive sulfates.
Depending on type and pervasiveness of algae, works in as little as 24 hours.
There are no restrictions for use with Cutrine Plus.
Safe and effective in lakes, fish ponds, industrial ponds, portable water reservoirs, irrigation systems, canals, ditches, and laterals.
Not recommended for use with Koi or hybrid Goldfish.
Read and follow all manufacturer's instructions.
Works on surface mats and suspended, bloom-forming algae such as Filamentous Algae, Planktonic Algae, and Chara.Learn More
Depending on conditions, control will last for several weeks to several months.
0.6 gallons treats one acre-foot of water.
Cutrine Plus is a copper complex formulated to control bottom growing algae including Chara, Nitella for an average of 38 days. Quickly sinks to the bottom after application for targeted effectiveness.
For use in farm ponds, fish ponds and hatcheries, potable water reservoirs, fire ponds, golf course water hazards, and lakes. Water from treated lakes and ponds may be used immediately to irrigate ornamental plants, turf, putting greens, and fairways. Formulated to release copper over time and can be used in flowing water.
- 12lb pail treats up to 8,700 square feet.
- Sunlight required for optimal effectiveness.
- Depending on growing season, only 2 to 3 applications per season are required.
- Low corrosion potential in application equipment.
- Not for use in water containing Koi, or goldfish.
- Toxic to trout when water has less than 50ppm carbonate hardness.
- Not intended for garden ponds or small volume.
- Not completely effective against Pithophora and diatoms.
- Follow all label guidelines and warnings.
- Large areas should be treated at 60 pounds per surface acre. For spot treatment, apply directly over impacted area at 1 pound per 720 square feet.
This item is restricted from being used in the following states: CA, CT, ME, NJ, NY, OR, WALearn More
Effectively controls most types of algae. Copper sulfate kills algae on contact and is most effective when applied in water 60 or higher. It works by coming in direct contact with algae. Very easy to apply. For best results dissolve Crystal Blue copper sulfate in water and spray it directly onto floating algae mats or on the water surface directly above submerged algae. Very economical. For algae control use 2.5 lb. to 4 lb. per acre-foot of water.Learn More