Weedtrine-D is a fast and effective contact killer, specially formulated broad spectrum aquatic herbicide for homeowner use. Effectively controls a broad range of submerged and floating aquatic weeds as well as filamentous algae. Works well in backyard ponds, still lakes, ditches, and lagoons, around buildings, driveways, patios, and fences.
Potent concentration of active ingredient damages plant's cellular members and inhibits plant's ability to photosynthesize. Herbicide is quickly absorbed by the plant and begins working on contact.
Effectively controls: Duckweed, Coontail, Cattails, Bladderwort, Pennywort, Salvinia, Water Hyacinth, Water Lettuce, Elodea, Naiad, Milfoil,and more.
- Active ingredient: 8.53% active diquat dibromide.
- Mix with Cutrine-Plus algaecide to increase effectiveness on algae.
- Combine with Cide-Kick II or similar surfactant to maximize effectiveness.
- Only for use in non-crop and non-planted areas.
- NOT for use for animal consumption, irrigation, or domestic purposes for 5 days following treatment.
- Not effective in muddy waters as active ingredient is deactivated.
- Follow all label guidelines and warnings.
- Application information: Dilute with water according to label prior to treatment.
- Submersed weeds: 5-10 gallons per surface acre. Direct pour, underwater injection, or surface spray.
- Floating Weeds: 2.5-5 gallons per surface acre. Use surface spray applicator of solution.
- Emergent Weeds: 5 gallons
- Algae Control: 0.5 to 1.5 ppm.
ShoreKlear is a nonselective herbicide that effectively controls the growth of many grasses, weeds, emerged aquatic brush and weeds, and other vegetation. ShoreKlear is absorbed through the leaves and disperses to the stem and roots to effectively kill the entire plant.
This herbicide will not leach or wash to effect nearby vegetation, however overspray will damage plants if contacted. Avoid spraying in windy conditions or with excessive pressure.
Symptoms of effective application appear in about a week or more and include wilting and yellowing of the foliage followed by shoot and root deterioration.
- Burn-down occurs in 2 to 4 weeks.
- Active ingredient: 18% Glyphosate, N-(phosphonomethyl) glycine, in the form of isopropylamine salt.
- Product must be diluted according to label instructions prior to application.
- Dosage rate varies based on plant and conditions. Maximum application is 3.3 gallons per acre-ft.
- Not effective on plants with most or all foliage under water.
- Follow all label guidelines and warnings.
- No general water use restrictions when applied at label rates.
For Product Label: click hereLearn More
Tsunami DQ is a non-selective herbicide for both submerged and floating pond weeds. Effective in controlling duckweed, water hyacinth, pondweed, slender leaf pond weed, coontail and other aquatic weeds. Tsunami DQ can be blended with other herbicides for many uses. Tsunami DQ is a diquat dibromide based herbicide.
- Diquat formula kills surface and submerged weeds that are copper resistant.
- Effective in controlling hard to kill weeds like duckweed.
- See Label for Restrictions
- Consists of 37.3% diquat dibromide
- 1-2 gallons per surface acre depending on infestation & type of weed for aquatics.
Sonar, the leader in aquatic herbicides, now offers an easy and effective formula that requires no mixing, no special equipment, or even a boat. Now, thanks to Sonar Ready-To-Use (RTU), anyone can take control of aquatic weed management. Simply apply this improved formula from the shoreline and, within weeks, the targeted plants will begin to turn white and wilt away. Recommended for man-made or natural ponds that have limited or no outflow.
No other treatment is more effective against duckweed. Often spread from one body of water to the next by waterfowl and other wildlife, duckweed is one of the most common and most persistent aquatic weeds. And while it may look like algae, it is actually a plant. And because it reproduces so rapidly, your pond can become completely covered in duckweed in just a matter of weeks. Before your pond and its fish population and its recreational uses begin to suffer, treat with Sonar RTU. Its active ingredient, fluridone, targets and controls weeds right down to their roots. And any of the product that is not absorbed by plants is quickly broken down simply by sunlight. Sonar guarantees results. See manufacturer’s label for details.
For best and long-lasting results, apply to your pond at the first sign of weed growth. Application rates may vary, but for a ¼ acre pond with an average depth of 4 feet, one quart of Sonar RTU should be used for the initial treatment. In 21 days, a follow-up application of ½ quart should be applied. Then one more application of ½ quart should be used 42 days after the initial treatment. Sonar RTU-treated water should not be used for irrigating crops, ornamental plants, or established turf for at least 30 days after the final treatment. Similarly, do not use these treated waters for watering seedling grasses, new crops, or other plantings for 60 days following the last application.
- 1 quart container
- 3.8% fluridone
- Easy, ready-to-use formula
- No special equipment needed
- Effective against a verity of aquatic weeds, including duckweed, milfoil, hydrilla, coontail, and lilies
Cannot sell to the following states: California, Connecticut, Maine, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, and WashingtonLearn More
Stock Plex is designed to keep your livestock watering tanks free of algae and weeds. Stock Plex can be used to prevent algae or to clean existing algae. Stock Plex is a copper sulfate based blend safe for many animals like cattle, horses, and dogs.
- 1/4 ounce treats 250 gallons of water
- Active ingredient copper sulfate
- Do not use in sheep watering tanks
If you own a body of water, you know that aggressive aquatic weeds can quickly become troublesome. Watershield, coontail, spatterdock, stargrass, water lilies, and especially the invasive Eurasian water milfoil all contribute to clogged intakes, flooding problems, and stagnant mats. Such overgrown vegetation can also rob the water of oxygen and increase sedimentation rates.
With Navigate, you have a strong ally. This granular aquatic herbicide targets and destroys some of the most persistent water weeds. Works as both a herbicide and a growth regulator for coontail, spatterdock, and milfoil. Helps suppress other species of difficult aquatic plants, including yellow water lily and bladderwort. The formula’s heat-treated attaclay granules not only decompose slowly to provide extended control, they also sink quickly to get right to the root of the problem.
Navigate Granular Herbicide should not be used in domestic or livestock water supplies. Nor should this product be used in water sources for agricultural sprays or irrigation systems. Application rates vary. One-hundred pounds per acre is recommended for treating milfoil. A maximum of 200 pounds per acre is recommended for resistant plants such as watershield and spatterdock. For best results, use in the spring and early summer. A second application may be necessary in areas of heavy regrowth or for sections that border untreated areas.
- 50 lb. bag
- 2,4-Dichlorophenoxyacetic acid, dimethylamine salt 46.8%
- Herbicide and growth regulator for coontail, spatterdock, and milfoil
- Helps suppress other species, including water lilies and bladderwort
- Gradual release formula
Crystal Blue Copper Sulfate granular controls most species of algae like filamentous or string algae with very low concentrations of copper sulfate.
- 2 ½ to 4 lbs per acre foot
- Granular copper sulfate
Renovate OTF (On-Target Flake) is a granular form of Renovate 3. OTF is perfect for spot treating Eurasian water milfoil along beaches and around docks. Renovate OTF is also the better formulation of Renovate for deep water applications.
We are unable to ship this item outside of the US.Learn More
When it comes in invasive weeds, sometimes treating only a target area just is not good enough. Whether you’re combating submerged, emergent, or floating aquatic weeds, Renovate is the solution. One of the most effective herbicides on the market, it is a formidable opponent against purple loosestrife, milfoil, water hyacinth, alligator weed, and a variety of broadleaf aquatic plants. If poison ivy, mulberry, or salt-bush are a problem, Renovate is also effective at controlling many of the problematic species of woody vegetation often found along the shoreline. However, this unique formula will not harm monocotyledons, including cattails, bamboo, and ornamental grasses. Therefore, it is a perfect solution for helping restore and maintain beautiful ecosystems.
Depending upon the needs, Renovate can be applied to the surface or sub-surface level via ground, watercraft, or aerial equipment. Suitable for marshes, ponds, lakes, reservoirs, non-irrigation canals, and even banks and shores. Fast-acting and systemic, Renovate quickly enters plants through their leaves and stems and then targets their metabolic systems.
This formula carries no restrictions for use in recreational areas. It can be used near swimming and fishing areas and even near potable water intakes. Carries no restrictions on livestock consuming water from treated areas. See label for details and precautions.
- 1 quart container
- 44.4% Triclopyr
- Effective against various aquatic weeds, including Eurasian milfoil, purple loosestrife, and alligator weed
- Controls woody and broadleaf vegetation
- Does not harm monocotyledons, including cattails
- Carries no restrictions on livestock or recreation use
- Cannot be sold in CA, CT, MA, NJ, NY, VT, WA
Vegetation is essential for maintaining thriving pond ecosystems. Aquatic vegetation provides oxygen, food, and habitat for wildlife. Their root systems are vital to stabilizing sediment layers. However, it doesn’t take long for these benefits to be counteracted by the overgrowth of problematic and invasive species of pond weeds. Bladderwort, elodea, hydrilla, water milfoil, paragrass, and naiads, just to name a few, can all make your pond an eyesore and unusable for recreation. With Sonar Q, you have a fast, effective, and cost-efficient ally.
This pelleted formula is specially designed to be fast-releasing yet long- lasting. And because it is in a pelleted form, you can expect the same results as from a liquid but with better application control with no worry of overspray. In fact, Sonar Q offers better and longer lasting residual treatment than the leading liquids. The unique pellets immediately carry the active ingredient to the base of the plant, where it is most efficient and least likely to be degraded by light.
Sonar Q is especially recommended for ponds with rocky or sandy bottoms. For best results, it is best to apply in the early spring at the first sign of growth. Application rates for Sonar Q pellets vary from 3.2 - 25 pounds per acre for ponds to 4 - 80 pounds per acre for lakes. There are no restrictions on swimming or fishing following treatment. See manufacturer’s label for details.
- 40lb container
- 5% fluridone
- Ready-to-use pelleted formula
- Effective against various aquatic weeds, including elodea, hydrilla, water milfoil, naiads, and paragrass
Cannot be sold to the following states: Alaska, California, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Oregon, Rhode Island, Washington State, VermontLearn More