Sonar, the leader in aquatic herbicides, now offers an easy and effective formula that requires no mixing, no special equipment, or even a boat. Now, thanks to Sonar Ready-To-Use (RTU), anyone can take control of aquatic weed management. Simply apply this improved formula from the shoreline and, within weeks, the targeted plants will begin to turn white and wilt away. Recommended for man-made or natural ponds that have limited or no outflow.
No other treatment is more effective against duckweed. Often spread from one body of water to the next by waterfowl and other wildlife, duckweed is one of the most common and most persistent aquatic weeds. And while it may look like algae, it is actually a plant. And because it reproduces so rapidly, your pond can become completely covered in duckweed in just a matter of weeks. Before your pond and its fish population and its recreational uses begin to suffer, treat with Sonar RTU. Its active ingredient, fluridone, targets and controls weeds right down to their roots. And any of the product that is not absorbed by plants is quickly broken down simply by sunlight. Sonar guarantees results. See manufacturer’s label for details.
For best and long-lasting results, apply to your pond at the first sign of weed growth. Application rates may vary, but for a ¼ acre pond with an average depth of 4 feet, one quart of Sonar RTU should be used for the initial treatment. In 21 days, a follow-up application of ½ quart should be applied. Then one more application of ½ quart should be used 42 days after the initial treatment. Sonar RTU-treated water should not be used for irrigating crops, ornamental plants, or established turf for at least 30 days after the final treatment. Similarly, do not use these treated waters for watering seedling grasses, new crops, or other plantings for 60 days following the last application.
- 1 quart container
- 3.8% fluridone
- Easy, ready-to-use formula
- No special equipment needed
- Effective against a verity of aquatic weeds, including duckweed, milfoil, hydrilla, coontail, and lilies
Cannot sell to the following states: California, Connecticut, Maine, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, and WashingtonLearn More
Weedtrine-D is a fast and effective contact killer, specially formulated broad spectrum aquatic herbicide for homeowner use. Effectively controls a broad range of submerged and floating aquatic weeds as well as filamentous algae. Works well in backyard ponds, still lakes, ditches, and lagoons, around buildings, driveways, patios, and fences.
Potent concentration of active ingredient damages plant's cellular members and inhibits plant's ability to photosynthesize. Herbicide is quickly absorbed by the plant and begins working on contact.
Effectively controls: Duckweed, Coontail, Cattails, Bladderwort, Pennywort, Salvinia, Water Hyacinth, Water Lettuce, Elodea, Naiad, Milfoil,and more.
- Active ingredient: 8.53% active diquat dibromide.
- Mix with Cutrine-Plus algaecide to increase effectiveness on algae.
- Combine with Cide-Kick II or similar surfactant to maximize effectiveness.
- Only for use in non-crop and non-planted areas.
- NOT for use for animal consumption, irrigation, or domestic purposes for 5 days following treatment.
- Not effective in muddy waters as active ingredient is deactivated.
- Follow all label guidelines and warnings.
- Application information: Dilute with water according to label prior to treatment.
- Submersed weeds: 5-10 gallons per surface acre. Direct pour, underwater injection, or surface spray.
- Floating Weeds: 2.5-5 gallons per surface acre. Use surface spray applicator of solution.
- Emergent Weeds: 5 gallons
- Algae Control: 0.5 to 1.5 ppm.
ShoreKlear is a nonselective herbicide that effectively controls the growth of many grasses, weeds, emerged aquatic brush and weeds, and other vegetation. ShoreKlear is absorbed through the leaves and disperses to the stem and roots to effectively kill the entire plant.
This herbicide will not leach or wash to effect nearby vegetation, however overspray will damage plants if contacted. Avoid spraying in windy conditions or with excessive pressure.
Symptoms of effective application appear in about a week or more and include wilting and yellowing of the foliage followed by shoot and root deterioration.
- Burn-down occurs in 2 to 4 weeks.
- Active ingredient: 18% Glyphosate, N-(phosphonomethyl) glycine, in the form of isopropylamine salt.
- Product must be diluted according to label instructions prior to application.
- Dosage rate varies based on plant and conditions. Maximum application is 3.3 gallons per acre-ft.
- Not effective on plants with most or all foliage under water.
- Follow all label guidelines and warnings.
- No general water use restrictions when applied at label rates.
For Product Label: click hereLearn More
If you own a body of water, you know that aggressive aquatic weeds can quickly become troublesome. Watershield, coontail, spatterdock, stargrass, water lilies, and especially the invasive Eurasian water milfoil all contribute to clogged intakes, flooding problems, and stagnant mats. Such overgrown vegetation can also rob the water of oxygen and increase sedimentation rates.
With Navigate, you have a strong ally. This granular aquatic herbicide targets and destroys some of the most persistent water weeds. Works as both a herbicide and a growth regulator for coontail, spatterdock, and milfoil. Helps suppress other species of difficult aquatic plants, including yellow water lily and bladderwort. The formula’s heat-treated attaclay granules not only decompose slowly to provide extended control, they also sink quickly to get right to the root of the problem.
Navigate Granular Herbicide should not be used in domestic or livestock water supplies. Nor should this product be used in water sources for agricultural sprays or irrigation systems. Application rates vary. One-hundred pounds per acre is recommended for treating milfoil. A maximum of 200 pounds per acre is recommended for resistant plants such as watershield and spatterdock. For best results, use in the spring and early summer. A second application may be necessary in areas of heavy regrowth or for sections that border untreated areas.
- 50 lb. bag
- 2,4-Dichlorophenoxyacetic acid, dimethylamine salt 46.8%
- Herbicide and growth regulator for coontail, spatterdock, and milfoil
- Helps suppress other species, including water lilies and bladderwort
- Gradual release formula
Crystal Blue Copper Sulfate granular controls most species of algae like filamentous or string algae with very low concentrations of copper sulfate.
- 2 ½ to 4 lbs per acre foot
- Granular copper sulfate
Retention basins, golf course water hazards, potable water reservoirs, and even decorative ponds can quickly become overrun with invasive aquatic plants. However, these unique water sources needs a special herbicide that is tough on weeds yet friendly towards the environment. Nautique is a fast, effective copper-based herbicide that poses minimal risk to the environment. It treats floating, emergent, and submerged weeds, and is safe for lakes, rivers, ponds, aquaculture, and even crop irrigation systems.
Since Nautique works on contact, it is ideal for the local or spot treatment of tough copper-sensitive weeds, including horned pondweed, curlyleaf pondweed, hydrilla, naiads, widgeon grass, Brazilian elodea, coontail, and more. Its powerful and economical formula is the most concentrated chelated copper herbicide on the market. Application rates vary from 1.8 gallons to 3.0 gallons per acre foot of water. Unlike with many other herbicides, water sources treated with Nautique may be used immediately following application for fishing, swimming, watering livestock, and even irrigation.
- 1 gallon container
- 9% chelated copper
- Effective on copper-sensitive aquatic weeds, including hydrilla, naiads, elodea, coontail, and more
- Minimal risk to the environment
- Treats lakes, rivers, irrigation canals, reservoirs, potable water sources, ornamental ponds, and more
Starting to see weed growth in your pond, lake, or canal? You are going to need a fast, effective herbicide. Aquathol K combats a wide range of submerged aquatic plants, including bur reed, coontail, pondweed, hydrilla, naiad, parrotfeather, and water stargrass. This concentrated liquid works on contact, quickly breaking down the plant’s cells. While full kill results often take one to two weeks, results can be seen in as little as one day.
Features a ready-to-use soluble formula that, because it does not bind with suspended matter or sediment, works even in silty and muddy waters. Product works best when water temperature is at least 50 degrees Fahrenheit. Application rates depend upon species of weed being treated, but generally range from 0.3 to 3.2 gallons per acre foot of water.
Though similar to other herbicides on the market, Aquathol K prides itself on leaving no residue and being easier and safer to use. This EPA approved aquatic herbicide is safer for fish, birds, and other aquatic species. While it is advised to wait 7 to 14 days before using treated water for irrigation, livestock, or domestic use, there are no restrictions on swimming or fishing in treated waters. See manufacture’s label for details.
- 2.5 gallon container
- 40.3% Endothall
- Contact herbicide; do not use before weeds appear
- Liquid concentrate
- Effective against various submerged aquatic weeds, including pondweeds, bur reed, hydrilla, stargrass, and more
Cannot sell to the following states: Alaska, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Idaho, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, Vermont, Washington.
We are unable to ship this item outside of the US.Learn More
Tsunami DQ is a non-selective herbicide for both submerged and floating pond weeds. Effective in controlling duckweed, water hyacinth, pondweed, slender leaf pond weed, coontail and other aquatic weeds. Tsunami DQ can be blended with other herbicides for many uses. Tsunami DQ is a diquat dibromide based herbicide.
- Diquat formula kills surface and submerged weeds that are copper resistant.
- Effective in controlling hard to kill weeds like duckweed.
- See Label for Restrictions
- Consists of 37.3% diquat dibromide
- 1-2 gallons per surface acre depending on infestation & type of weed for aquatics.
Renovate OTF (On-Target Flake) is a granular form of Renovate 3. OTF is perfect for spot treating Eurasian water milfoil along beaches and around docks. Renovate OTF is also the better formulation of Renovate for deep water applications.
We are unable to ship this item outside of the US.Learn More