Sonar, the leader in aquatic herbicides, now offers an easy and effective formula that requires no mixing, no special equipment, or even a boat. Now, thanks to Sonar Ready-To-Use (RTU), anyone can take control of aquatic weed management. Simply apply this improved formula from the shoreline and, within weeks, the targeted plants will begin to turn white and wilt away. Recommended for man-made or natural ponds that have limited or no outflow.
No other treatment is more effective against duckweed. Often spread from one body of water to the next by waterfowl and other wildlife, duckweed is one of the most common and most persistent aquatic weeds. And while it may look like algae, it is actually a plant. And because it reproduces so rapidly, your pond can become completely covered in duckweed in just a matter of weeks. Before your pond and its fish population and its recreational uses begin to suffer, treat with Sonar RTU. Its active ingredient, fluridone, targets and controls weeds right down to their roots. And any of the product that is not absorbed by plants is quickly broken down simply by sunlight. Sonar guarantees results. See manufacturer’s label for details.
For best and long-lasting results, apply to your pond at the first sign of weed growth. Application rates may vary, but for a ¼ acre pond with an average depth of 4 feet, one quart of Sonar RTU should be used for the initial treatment. In 21 days, a follow-up application of ½ quart should be applied. Then one more application of ½ quart should be used 42 days after the initial treatment. Sonar RTU-treated water should not be used for irrigating crops, ornamental plants, or established turf for at least 30 days after the final treatment. Similarly, do not use these treated waters for watering seedling grasses, new crops, or other plantings for 60 days following the last application.
- 1 quart container
- 3.8% fluridone
- Easy, ready-to-use formula
- No special equipment needed
- Effective against a verity of aquatic weeds, including duckweed, milfoil, hydrilla, coontail, and lilies
Cannot sell to the following states: California, Connecticut, Maine, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, and WashingtonLearn More
Weedtrine-D is a fast and effective contact killer, specially formulated broad spectrum aquatic herbicide for homeowner use. Effectively controls a broad range of submerged and floating aquatic weeds as well as filamentous algae. Works well in backyard ponds, still lakes, ditches, and lagoons, around buildings, driveways, patios, and fences.
Potent concentration of active ingredient damages plant's cellular members and inhibits plant's ability to photosynthesize. Herbicide is quickly absorbed by the plant and begins working on contact.
Effectively controls: Duckweed, Coontail, Cattails, Bladderwort, Pennywort, Salvinia, Water Hyacinth, Water Lettuce, Elodea, Naiad, Milfoil,and more.
- Active ingredient: 8.53% active diquat dibromide.
- Mix with Cutrine-Plus algaecide to increase effectiveness on algae.
- Combine with Cide-Kick II or similar surfactant to maximize effectiveness.
- Only for use in non-crop and non-planted areas.
- NOT for use for animal consumption, irrigation, or domestic purposes for 5 days following treatment.
- Not effective in muddy waters as active ingredient is deactivated.
- Follow all label guidelines and warnings.
- Application information: Dilute with water according to label prior to treatment.
- Submersed weeds: 5-10 gallons per surface acre. Direct pour, underwater injection, or surface spray.
- Floating Weeds: 2.5-5 gallons per surface acre. Use surface spray applicator of solution.
- Emergent Weeds: 5 gallons
- Algae Control: 0.5 to 1.5 ppm.
ShoreKlear is a nonselective herbicide that effectively controls the growth of many grasses, weeds, emerged aquatic brush and weeds, and other vegetation. ShoreKlear is absorbed through the leaves and disperses to the stem and roots to effectively kill the entire plant.
This herbicide will not leach or wash to effect nearby vegetation, however overspray will damage plants if contacted. Avoid spraying in windy conditions or with excessive pressure.
Symptoms of effective application appear in about a week or more and include wilting and yellowing of the foliage followed by shoot and root deterioration.
- Burn-down occurs in 2 to 4 weeks.
- Active ingredient: 18% Glyphosate, N-(phosphonomethyl) glycine, in the form of isopropylamine salt.
- Product must be diluted according to label instructions prior to application.
- Dosage rate varies based on plant and conditions. Maximum application is 3.3 gallons per acre-ft.
- Not effective on plants with most or all foliage under water.
- Follow all label guidelines and warnings.
- No general water use restrictions when applied at label rates.
For Product Label: click hereLearn More
Aquatic weeds, whether floating, submerged, or emergent, can quickly become overgrown in any pond, lake, reservoir, or even drainage ditch. At the first signs of weed growth, turn to fast-acting Reward. The broadest-spectrum formula available, Reward is particularly effective against duckweed, pondweeds, naiads, water milfoil, and coontail. Upon application, this contact herbicide is absorbed into plants in a mater of minutes. Not only does this immediately start the treatment process, but it also ensures that the concentrate quickly dissipates from the water, thus posing minimal risk to the surrounding environment and wildlife. When using Reward, you can be confident that you will not be contaminating groundwater or increasing toxicity levels in your pond’s fish species.
Because it is a contact herbicide, it is most effective when applied to active growth. When treating duckweed, using in conjunction with a non-ionic surfactant is recommended. Reward’s potent concentrated formula means low use rates. Application rates vary from 1 to 2 gallons per surface acre depending upon water depth and type of weed being treated.
Best of all, there are minimal water restrictions following treatment. Following the application of Reward, user should wait 1 day for livestock consumption, 1-3 days for human consumption, 5 days for irrigating food crops, and 1-3 days for other irrigation purposes. See manufacturer’s label for specifics.
- 1 gallon container
- 37.3% Diquat dibromide
- Non-selective concentrate
- Effective against various aquatic weeds, including duckweed, pondweeds, naiads, water milfoil, and coontail
- Contact herbicide; for best results, apply to active plants
Cannot sell to the following states: AK, CA, CT, MI, HI, ME, NJ, NY, PR, WA
We are unable to ship this item outside of the US.Learn More
Crystal Blue Copper Sulfate granular controls most species of algae like filamentous or string algae with very low concentrations of copper sulfate.
- 2 ½ to 4 lbs per acre foot
- Granular copper sulfate
If you own a body of water, you know that aggressive aquatic weeds can quickly become troublesome. Watershield, coontail, spatterdock, stargrass, water lilies, and especially the invasive Eurasian water milfoil all contribute to clogged intakes, flooding problems, and stagnant mats. Such overgrown vegetation can also rob the water of oxygen and increase sedimentation rates.
With Navigate, you have a strong ally. This granular aquatic herbicide targets and destroys some of the most persistent water weeds. Works as both a herbicide and a growth regulator for coontail, spatterdock, and milfoil. Helps suppress other species of difficult aquatic plants, including yellow water lily and bladderwort. The formula’s heat-treated attaclay granules not only decompose slowly to provide extended control, they also sink quickly to get right to the root of the problem.
Navigate Granular Herbicide should not be used in domestic or livestock water supplies. Nor should this product be used in water sources for agricultural sprays or irrigation systems. Application rates vary. One-hundred pounds per acre is recommended for treating milfoil. A maximum of 200 pounds per acre is recommended for resistant plants such as watershield and spatterdock. For best results, use in the spring and early summer. A second application may be necessary in areas of heavy regrowth or for sections that border untreated areas.
- 50 lb. bag
- 2,4-Dichlorophenoxyacetic acid, dimethylamine salt 46.8%
- Herbicide and growth regulator for coontail, spatterdock, and milfoil
- Helps suppress other species, including water lilies and bladderwort
- Gradual release formula
Sonar, the world’s leading brand of aquatic herbicide, now brings you SonarOne. Just one treatment is often all you need to treat your pond, lake, drainage canal, or reservoir. This pelleted formula treats all three forms of problematic aquatic weeds: floating, emergent, and submersed. Whether you’re combating duckweed, paragrass, bladderwort, water milfoil, or a host of others, SonarOne is the only herbicide you need.
SonarOne restricts the formation of carotene in the targeted plants. When carotene is absent, chlorophyll is quickly destroyed by the sunlight. Within days, you will see results. For optimal outcome, apply early in the season before or soon after difficult weeds start to appear. Applying early ensures the best season-long control.
SonarOne carries no restrictions on the recreational use of waterways following treatment. Fourteen to 30 days restriction applies to using treated water for irrigational purposes following application. See manufacturer’s instructions for details. Application rates vary based on plant species. SonarOne is non-corrosive to application equipment.
- 20lb container
- Pelleted formula
- 5% fluridone
- Effective against various aquatic weeds, including bladderwort, hydrilla, pondweed, water milfoil, duckweed, mosquito fern, and paragrass
Cannot sell to the following states: California, Connecticut, Maine, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, WashingtonLearn More
Cattails are a very common problem for ponds and lakes. Catt Plex is a glyphosate based herbicide that eliminates shore and emerged pond weeds to the root. It can also be an effective turf solution for controlling over 1000 troublesome grasses and broadleaf weeds.
- Kills cattails, water lilies and other shore/emerged aquatic weeds to the root.
- Works with turf, eliminating unwanted grasses and broadleaf weeds
- 100% safe for humans, fish, livestock, pets, birds, swimming, consumption and irrigation.
- Consists of 53.8% glyphosate
- Mix 2oz per gallon to make 1 1/2 % solution.
- 1 quart bottle
Catt Plex is restricted in the following states and cannot be sold to CT and NJ.Learn More
Catt Plex is not registered for sale in the following states: NY and OR.
Tsunami DQ is a non-selective herbicide for both submerged and floating pond weeds. Effective in controlling duckweed, water hyacinth, pondweed, slender leaf pond weed, coontail and other aquatic weeds. Tsunami DQ can be blended with other herbicides for many uses. Tsunami DQ is a diquat dibromide based herbicide.
- Diquat formula kills surface and submerged weeds that are copper resistant.
- Effective in controlling hard to kill weeds like duckweed.
- See Label for Restrictions
- Consists of 37.3% diquat dibromide
- 1-2 gallons per surface acre depending on infestation & type of weed for aquatics.
Application of Habitat herbicide can only be made by federal or state agencies, or those applicators that are licensed or certified as aquatic pest control applicators and are authorized by the state and local government. Applications may only be made for the control of undesirable emergent and floating aquatic vegetation in and around standing and flowing water, including estuarine and marine sites. Applications can be made to control undesirable wetland and terrestrial vegetation growing in or around surface water when applications may result in inadvertent application to surface water. Proper application and timing should lead to longer control of undesirable species than found with other methods of emergent plant control. The use of a non-ionic surfactant is required with the use of Habitat.Learn More