Weedtrine-D is a fast and effective contact killer, specially formulated broad spectrum aquatic herbicide for homeowner use. Effectively controls a broad range of submerged and floating aquatic weeds as well as filamentous algae. Works well in backyard ponds, still lakes, ditches, and lagoons, around buildings, driveways, patios, and fences.
Potent concentration of active ingredient damages plant's cellular members and inhibits plant's ability to photosynthesize. Herbicide is quickly absorbed by the plant and begins working on contact.
Effectively controls: Duckweed, Coontail, Cattails, Bladderwort, Pennywort, Salvinia, Water Hyacinth, Water Lettuce, Elodea, Naiad, Milfoil,and more.
- Active ingredient: 8.53% active diquat dibromide.
- Mix with Cutrine-Plus algaecide to increase effectiveness on algae.
- Combine with Cide-Kick II or similar surfactant to maximize effectiveness.
- Only for use in non-crop and non-planted areas.
- NOT for use for animal consumption, irrigation, or domestic purposes for 5 days following treatment.
- Not effective in muddy waters as active ingredient is deactivated.
- Follow all label guidelines and warnings.
- Application information: Dilute with water according to label prior to treatment.
- Submersed weeds: 5-10 gallons per surface acre. Direct pour, underwater injection, or surface spray.
- Floating Weeds: 2.5-5 gallons per surface acre. Use surface spray applicator of solution.
- Emergent Weeds: 5 gallons
- Algae Control: 0.5 to 1.5 ppm.
Sonar, the leader in aquatic herbicides, now offers an easy and effective formula that requires no mixing, no special equipment, or even a boat. Now, thanks to Sonar Ready-To-Use (RTU), anyone can take control of aquatic weed management. Simply apply this improved formula from the shoreline and, within weeks, the targeted plants will begin to turn white and wilt away. Recommended for man-made or natural ponds that have limited or no outflow.
No other treatment is more effective against duckweed. Often spread from one body of water to the next by waterfowl and other wildlife, duckweed is one of the most common and most persistent aquatic weeds. And while it may look like algae, it is actually a plant. And because it reproduces so rapidly, your pond can become completely covered in duckweed in just a matter of weeks. Before your pond and its fish population and its recreational uses begin to suffer, treat with Sonar RTU. Its active ingredient, fluridone, targets and controls weeds right down to their roots. And any of the product that is not absorbed by plants is quickly broken down simply by sunlight. Sonar guarantees results. See manufacturer’s label for details.
For best and long-lasting results, apply to your pond at the first sign of weed growth. Application rates may vary, but for a ¼ acre pond with an average depth of 4 feet, one quart of Sonar RTU should be used for the initial treatment. In 21 days, a follow-up application of ½ quart should be applied. Then one more application of ½ quart should be used 42 days after the initial treatment. Sonar RTU-treated water should not be used for irrigating crops, ornamental plants, or established turf for at least 30 days after the final treatment. Similarly, do not use these treated waters for watering seedling grasses, new crops, or other plantings for 60 days following the last application.
- 1 quart container
- 3.8% fluridone
- Easy, ready-to-use formula
- No special equipment needed
- Effective against a verity of aquatic weeds, including duckweed, milfoil, hydrilla, coontail, and lilies
Cannot sell to the following states: California, Connecticut, Maine, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, and WashingtonLearn More
Crystal Blue Copper Sulfate granular controls most species of algae like filamentous or string algae with very low concentrations of copper sulfate.
- 2 ½ to 4 lbs per acre foot
- Granular copper sulfate
If you own a body of water, you know that aggressive aquatic weeds can quickly become troublesome. Watershield, coontail, spatterdock, stargrass, water lilies, and especially the invasive Eurasian water milfoil all contribute to clogged intakes, flooding problems, and stagnant mats. Such overgrown vegetation can also rob the water of oxygen and increase sedimentation rates.
With Navigate, you have a strong ally. This granular aquatic herbicide targets and destroys some of the most persistent water weeds. Works as both a herbicide and a growth regulator for coontail, spatterdock, and milfoil. Helps suppress other species of difficult aquatic plants, including yellow water lily and bladderwort. The formula’s heat-treated attaclay granules not only decompose slowly to provide extended control, they also sink quickly to get right to the root of the problem.
Navigate Granular Herbicide should not be used in domestic or livestock water supplies. Nor should this product be used in water sources for agricultural sprays or irrigation systems. Application rates vary. One-hundred pounds per acre is recommended for treating milfoil. A maximum of 200 pounds per acre is recommended for resistant plants such as watershield and spatterdock. For best results, use in the spring and early summer. A second application may be necessary in areas of heavy regrowth or for sections that border untreated areas.
- 50 lb. bag
- 2,4-Dichlorophenoxyacetic acid, dimethylamine salt 46.8%
- Herbicide and growth regulator for coontail, spatterdock, and milfoil
- Helps suppress other species, including water lilies and bladderwort
- Gradual release formula
ShoreKlear is a nonselective herbicide that effectively controls the growth of many grasses, weeds, emerged aquatic brush and weeds, and other vegetation. ShoreKlear is absorbed through the leaves and disperses to the stem and roots to effectively kill the entire plant.
This herbicide will not leach or wash to effect nearby vegetation, however overspray will damage plants if contacted. Avoid spraying in windy conditions or with excessive pressure.
Symptoms of effective application appear in about a week or more and include wilting and yellowing of the foliage followed by shoot and root deterioration.
- Burn-down occurs in 2 to 4 weeks.
- Active ingredient: 18% Glyphosate, N-(phosphonomethyl) glycine, in the form of isopropylamine salt.
- Product must be diluted according to label instructions prior to application.
- Dosage rate varies based on plant and conditions. Maximum application is 3.3 gallons per acre-ft.
- Not effective on plants with most or all foliage under water.
- Follow all label guidelines and warnings.
- No general water use restrictions when applied at label rates.
For Product Label: click hereLearn More
Renovate OTF (On-Target Flake) is a granular form of Renovate 3. OTF is perfect for spot treating Eurasian water milfoil along beaches and around docks. Renovate OTF is also the better formulation of Renovate for deep water applications.
We are unable to ship this item outside of the US.Learn More
Cattails are a very common problem for ponds and lakes. Catt Plex is a glyphosate based herbicide that eliminates shore and emerged pond weeds to the root. It can also be an effective turf solution for controlling over 1000 troublesome grasses and broadleaf weeds.
- Kills cattails, water lilies and other shore/emerged aquatic weeds to the root.
- Works with turf, eliminating unwanted grasses and broadleaf weeds
- 100% safe for humans, fish, livestock, pets, birds, swimming, consumption and irrigation.
- Consists of 53.8% glyphosate
- Mix 2oz per gallon to make 1 1/2 % solution.
- 1 quart bottle
Catt Plex is restricted in the following states and cannot be sold to CT and NJ.Learn More
Catt Plex is not registered for sale in the following states: NY and OR.
A concentrated liquid aquatic herbicide effective against a wide variety of submersed, emergent, and floating aquatic plants including duckweed, naiads, and cattails. Renovate 3 poses virtually no environmental risk in aquatic applications because the herbicide concentration rapidly decreases as it is absorbed into soil, vegetation, and organic matter. Restrictions on water usage following application: livestock consumption - 1 day, irrigation of food crops - 5 days, irrigation of turf and non-food crops - 1-3 days, human drinking - 1-3 days. Application rates: 1 to 2 gallons per surface acre.
- 2.5 gallon container
- Effective against a wide variety of submersed, emergent and floating aquatic plants
- Does not harm monocotyledons, including cattails
- Carries no restrictions on livestock or recreation use
- Cannot be sold in CA, MA, NJ, NY, VT, WA
Sonar Q is a selective systemic aquatic herbicide to control the growth of aquatic vegetation in lakes, reservoirs, fresh water ponds, and drainage canals.
Sonar Q pellets are less concentrated and easier to use than Sonar AS liquid (also available through Rural King).
Sonar AS is a 5% Fluridone product which inhibits the formation of carotene, degrading the chlorophyll necessary for photosynthesis and plant energy production.
- For best results, apply prior to initial growth or at beginning of active growth.
- Effectiveness reduced in rapidly moving water or conditions which dilute the concentration of Sonar Q. Contact must be maintained for 45 days for effective treatment. Symptoms of affected plants include white and pink foliage growth.
- Effectively controls coontail, fanwort, bladderwort, naiads, elodea, hydrilla, watermilfoil and many pond weeds. For a complete list of plants controlled by Sonar Q, see label.
- Follow all label guidelines and warnings.
- Permits may be required prior to use of this product, consult with local water authorities.
- Harmful if absorbed through skin, inhaled, or swallowed.
- Not for use in drinking, fishing, swimming, or water for livestock or pet consumption.
- Not for use in hydroponic farming, or in water for irrigating nursery or greenhouse plants.
- Do not use any type of irrigation system for application.
2.5 to 5 pounds per surface acre. Consult label for complete application and dosing instructions.Learn More