Aquatic weeds, whether floating, submerged, or emergent, can quickly become overgrown in any pond, lake, reservoir, or even drainage ditch. At the first signs of weed growth, turn to fast-acting Reward. The broadest-spectrum formula available, Reward is particularly effective against duckweed, pondweeds, naiads, water milfoil, and coontail. Upon application, this contact herbicide is absorbed into plants in a mater of minutes. Not only does this immediately start the treatment process, but it also ensures that the concentrate quickly dissipates from the water, thus posing minimal risk to the surrounding environment and wildlife. When using Reward, you can be confident that you will not be contaminating groundwater or increasing toxicity levels in your pond’s fish species.
Because it is a contact herbicide, it is most effective when applied to active growth. When treating duckweed, using in conjunction with a non-ionic surfactant is recommended. Reward’s potent concentrated formula means low use rates. Application rates vary from 1 to 2 gallons per surface acre depending upon water depth and type of weed being treated.
Best of all, there are minimal water restrictions following treatment. Following the application of Reward, user should wait 1 day for livestock consumption, 1-3 days for human consumption, 5 days for irrigating food crops, and 1-3 days for other irrigation purposes. See manufacturer’s label for specifics.
- 1 gallon container
- 37.3% Diquat dibromide
- Non-selective concentrate
- Effective against various aquatic weeds, including duckweed, pondweeds, naiads, water milfoil, and coontail
- Contact herbicide; for best results, apply to active plants
Cannot sell to the following states: AK, CA, CT, MI, HI, ME, NJ, NY, PR, WA
We are unable to ship this item outside of the US.Learn More
Application of Habitat herbicide can only be made by federal or state agencies, or those applicators that are licensed or certified as aquatic pest control applicators and are authorized by the state and local government. Applications may only be made for the control of undesirable emergent and floating aquatic vegetation in and around standing and flowing water, including estuarine and marine sites. Applications can be made to control undesirable wetland and terrestrial vegetation growing in or around surface water when applications may result in inadvertent application to surface water. Proper application and timing should lead to longer control of undesirable species than found with other methods of emergent plant control. The use of a non-ionic surfactant is required with the use of Habitat.Learn More
If you own a body of water, you know that aggressive aquatic weeds can quickly become troublesome. Watershield, coontail, spatterdock, stargrass, water lilies, and especially the invasive Eurasian water milfoil all contribute to clogged intakes, flooding problems, and stagnant mats. Such overgrown vegetation can also rob the water of oxygen and increase sedimentation rates.
With Navigate, you have a strong ally. This granular aquatic herbicide targets and destroys some of the most persistent water weeds. Works as both a herbicide and a growth regulator for coontail, spatterdock, and milfoil. Helps suppress other species of difficult aquatic plants, including yellow water lily and bladderwort. The formula’s heat-treated attaclay granules not only decompose slowly to provide extended control, they also sink quickly to get right to the root of the problem.
Navigate Granular Herbicide should not be used in domestic or livestock water supplies. Nor should this product be used in water sources for agricultural sprays or irrigation systems. Application rates vary. One-hundred pounds per acre is recommended for treating milfoil. A maximum of 200 pounds per acre is recommended for resistant plants such as watershield and spatterdock. For best results, use in the spring and early summer. A second application may be necessary in areas of heavy regrowth or for sections that border untreated areas.
- 50 lb. bag
- 2,4-Dichlorophenoxyacetic acid, dimethylamine salt 46.8%
- Herbicide and growth regulator for coontail, spatterdock, and milfoil
- Helps suppress other species, including water lilies and bladderwort
- Gradual release formula
Sonar Q is a selective systemic aquatic herbicide to control the growth of aquatic vegetation in lakes, reservoirs, fresh water ponds, and drainage canals.
Sonar Q pellets are less concentrated and easier to use than Sonar AS liquid (also available through Rural King).
Sonar AS is a 5% Fluridone product which inhibits the formation of carotene, degrading the chlorophyll necessary for photosynthesis and plant energy production.
- For best results, apply prior to initial growth or at beginning of active growth.
- Effectiveness reduced in rapidly moving water or conditions which dilute the concentration of Sonar Q. Contact must be maintained for 45 days for effective treatment. Symptoms of affected plants include white and pink foliage growth.
- Effectively controls coontail, fanwort, bladderwort, naiads, elodea, hydrilla, watermilfoil and many pond weeds. For a complete list of plants controlled by Sonar Q, see label.
- Follow all label guidelines and warnings.
- Permits may be required prior to use of this product, consult with local water authorities.
- Harmful if absorbed through skin, inhaled, or swallowed.
- Not for use in drinking, fishing, swimming, or water for livestock or pet consumption.
- Not for use in hydroponic farming, or in water for irrigating nursery or greenhouse plants.
- Do not use any type of irrigation system for application.
2.5 to 5 pounds per surface acre. Consult label for complete application and dosing instructions.Learn More
Starting to see weed growth in your pond, lake, or canal? You are going to need a fast, effective herbicide. Aquathol K combats a wide range of submerged aquatic plants, including bur reed, coontail, pondweed, hydrilla, naiad, parrotfeather, and water stargrass. This concentrated liquid works on contact, quickly breaking down the plant’s cells. While full kill results often take one to two weeks, results can be seen in as little as one day.
Features a ready-to-use soluble formula that, because it does not bind with suspended matter or sediment, works even in silty and muddy waters. Product works best when water temperature is at least 50 degrees Fahrenheit. Application rates depend upon species of weed being treated, but generally range from 0.3 to 3.2 gallons per acre foot of water.
Though similar to other herbicides on the market, Aquathol K prides itself on leaving no residue and being easier and safer to use. This EPA approved aquatic herbicide is safer for fish, birds, and other aquatic species. While it is advised to wait 7 to 14 days before using treated water for irrigation, livestock, or domestic use, there are no restrictions on swimming or fishing in treated waters. See manufacture’s label for details.
- 2.5 gallon container
- 40.3% Endothall
- Contact herbicide; do not use before weeds appear
- Liquid concentrate
- Effective against various submerged aquatic weeds, including pondweeds, bur reed, hydrilla, stargrass, and more
Cannot sell to the following states: Alaska, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Idaho, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, Vermont, Washington.
We are unable to ship this item outside of the US.Learn More
A concentrated liquid aquatic herbicide effective against a wide variety of submersed, emergent, and floating aquatic plants including duckweed, naiads, and cattails. Renovate 3 poses virtually no environmental risk in aquatic applications because the herbicide concentration rapidly decreases as it is absorbed into soil, vegetation, and organic matter. Restrictions on water usage following application: livestock consumption - 1 day, irrigation of food crops - 5 days, irrigation of turf and non-food crops - 1-3 days, human drinking - 1-3 days. Application rates: 1 to 2 gallons per surface acre.
- 2.5 gallon container
- Effective against a wide variety of submersed, emergent and floating aquatic plants
- Does not harm monocotyledons, including cattails
- Carries no restrictions on livestock or recreation use
- Cannot be sold in CA, MA, NJ, NY, VT, WA
- Absorbed by leaves, roots and stems directly from the water.
- Works by inhibiting the weeds ability to produce carotene. Without this ability, chlorophyll is rapidly degraded by sunlight and the weeds die.
- 7 to 10 days after the initial application you will see bleaching at the growing tips of the weed.
- Results occur slowly - treat early in the season for an entire weed free summer.
Retention basins, golf course water hazards, potable water reservoirs, and even decorative ponds can quickly become overrun with invasive aquatic plants. However, these unique water sources needs a special herbicide that is tough on weeds yet friendly towards the environment. Nautique is a fast, effective copper-based herbicide that poses minimal risk to the environment. It treats floating, emergent, and submerged weeds, and is safe for lakes, rivers, ponds, aquaculture, and even crop irrigation systems.
Since Nautique works on contact, it is ideal for the local or spot treatment of tough copper-sensitive weeds, including horned pondweed, curlyleaf pondweed, hydrilla, naiads, widgeon grass, Brazilian elodea, coontail, and more. Its powerful and economical formula is the most concentrated chelated copper herbicide on the market. Application rates vary from 1.8 gallons to 3.0 gallons per acre foot of water. Unlike with many other herbicides, water sources treated with Nautique may be used immediately following application for fishing, swimming, watering livestock, and even irrigation.
- 1 gallon container
- 9% chelated copper
- Effective on copper-sensitive aquatic weeds, including hydrilla, naiads, elodea, coontail, and more
- Minimal risk to the environment
- Treats lakes, rivers, irrigation canals, reservoirs, potable water sources, ornamental ponds, and more
Provide excellent seasonal control in your ponds by applying SONOR A.S. aquatic herbicide early in the spring to help battle submerged, emergent and floating weeds all year long in your freshwater pond, canal, reservoirs or lakes. This product works best when applied early when shoots just start to emerge and in slow moving water, rapid water and movement will reduce its effectiveness.
SONAR A.S. is available in both liquid or pellet form for convenience during application. There is no corrosive noted to application equipment and if following the label application instructions there are no restrictions for water use for domestic application like fishing and swimming after application but there is a fourteen to thirty day restriction if used in treated water for irrigation. Follow the application directions properly for an easy and safe way to beautiful your property.Learn More