Natural Pond Management
PondSeal is composed of the highest quality Wyoming sodium bentonite - coated over a limestone aggregate core - PondSeal provides precision placement and targeted delivery for reliable swell and an extremely low-permeable seal. Effective both during and after construction - even through standing water. No dusting, dissipation, or product loss (literally sinks "like a stone"). Incredibly durable; structurally stable; all natural (won't harm fish). Blanket over porous soils or other suspected problem areas at 5-7 lbs/sq. ft. Easily backfill around pipes and control structures (without the need for soil blending or compaction). Create a cut-trench to reinforce compromised dams or earthen berms. Plug unwanted drainage tiles or animal burrows. Use in ponds, lakes, or anywhere that leaks cause a problem.Learn More
- Safely breaks down muck and dead vegetation
- Super charges naturally occuring bacteria to consume micronutrients for a healthy clear pond
- 100% Safe for humans, fish, livestock, pets, birds, swimming, consumption, and irrigation
- 1 Gallon Will Treat - 1 Surface Acre (4-6 Feet Deep)
Knowledge is Power and the only way to gain knowledge is through learning from others or by trial and error (which can lead to costly mistakes draining both money from your wallet and energy). Learning from others is an easier process and in this softcover book How to Identify Water Weeds and Algae, so much of the work is done for you.
Created, tested and written by Marine and Applied Biochemist through a combination of 50 years experience this 5th and newest Edition can provide you with everything you need to know, including the benefits and disadvantages of each method of applying both algaecides and aquatic herbicides. Whether its a small garden pond, large farm pond, lake or water irrigation project you are tackling, the information provided in this single book is information you will value for many years to come.
Included in the contents are the different types of algae, both toxic and resistant; along with different weeds and photo identification/ descriptions. Identify floating weeds such as Buckweed, various Lilys and Hyacinths; Submerged weeds like Coontail through Bladderwort and Emergent weeds from Cattails to Waterwillows.
Once you identify the plants, follow the step by step guide with simple instructions by determining the size of the area to be treated, proper chemical selection and calculating dosages, equipment and tool selection, how to apply the chemicals and follow up throughout the year. This book even offers post treatment questions and answers.
How to Identify Water Weeds and Algae is book that will continue to be of use many years down the road, ensuring beautiful, safe and functional Water Management.Learn More
$18.97You don’t have to own a large lake to take advantage of our aquatic line of products. If you have a small decorative or ornamental pond in your back yard, we offer our line of deco products to keep your pond clean and muck free.
- Safe for all types of fish including Koi and Trout
- Removes sludge, fish waste, and organic debris naturally from your ornamental pond.
- Perfect for use when establishing new ponds.
- 32 oz. treats 5000 gallons
Bacti-Klear is a natural, multitasking pond treatment. This unique formulation of sludge digesting bacteria and enzymes are designed to decrease organic sediment, reduce odors caused by muck, and improve water clarity!
Restore the natural balance in your lake or pond with this biological treatment. Does not kill aquatic plants when applied as instructed. Bacti-Klear is safe for fish and wildlife, and does not contain pathogenic bacteria.
- There are no water use restrictions when used at label rates.
- Safe for use in ponds, lakes, irrigation tanks, and water hazards.
- Liquid formulation ideal for suspended materials.
- For maximum effectiveness on bottom muck, use Bacti-Klear Granular.
- Begin application once water temperate reaches 50°F.
- Startup application: 3 gallons per acre-ft every 30 days until desired sediment reduction is achieved.
- Maintenance application: 1.5 gallons per acre-ft every 30-60 days until water temperatures fall below 50°F.
- Follow all label guidelines and warnings.
- Works effectively in water pH between 5.5 and 8.5.