Hanging feeders save floor space, reduce waste by eliminating scratching, and cut down on debris in the feed. Constructed of heavy-gauge galvanized steel for many years of service, with rolled edges for safety. Hanging handle included. Tube is 10.75 inch diameter by 13.875 inch high; pan is 14.25 inch diameter by 2.25 inch high. Holds approximately 30 pounds of feed.
- Little giant hanging feeders are constructed of heavy gauge galvanized steel with rolled edges for safety.
- Saves floor space
- Reduces feed waste by eliminating scratching
- Cuts down on debris in the feed
- Hanging handle included
- Holds approximately 30 pounds of feed
Invented by G.Q.F. Manufacturing Co. over 30 years ago, the Hova-Bator is still the WORLD'S BEST SMALL INCUBATOR and the THERMAL AIR FLOW MODEL, is the most economical incubator available. The radiant heat tube gently warms the inside of the incubator, the air and eggs. Thermal action of the heated air flowing out of the exhaust vents in the top of the incubator, draws fresh air in through the bottom vent. This thermal air flow also assists the drying of the chicks after they hatch. This design includes two small windows on top for viewing. The wafer thermostat is proven, accurate technology that produces great hatch results. This model is not suitable for use with the goose egg turner, item No. 1614
- Hova-Bator Top with heat element, pilot light, thermostat bracket & vent plugs installed.
- Hova-Bator Bottom
- (1) 1825 Thermometer
- Wire Floor
- Plastic Liner
- (4) Owl Clips
- Thermostat including: adjusting screw, bracket, 3006 snap switch, wing nut and 3007 wafer
- Adjustable thermostat for proper control of desired temperature
- Beautifully written directions, instructions and tips for first time operators
- Specifically designed troughs, to add water for moisture, and distribute evenly
- Red colored vents, with plugs, help to remove excess moisture and aid in drying new hatchlings
- Two(2) sight glass windows on top to help you keep an eye on eggs without opening incubator
- 25 Watt Heat Element
- Assembled Length: 18.75 Inches
- Assembled Width: 18.75 Inches
- Assembled Height: 9.50 Inches
- Weight: 2.75 Lbs.
- Sight Glass Window Dimensions: 4 x 5 Inches/Each Window
- Wire Floor Dimensions: 15 x 15 Inches
- 110V Cord Length: 5 Feet
The flip top on this ground feeder makes it extra easy to fill and clean. Snap-in hinge ensures long life. Features 28 feeding holes (14 per side) for poultry. Made of high-density polypropylene. 20 inch long by 4.5 inch wide by 3 inch high. Available in several colors to mix and match.
- Flip-top ground feeder for poultry
- Easy to fill and clean
- Snap-in hinge for long life
- 28 feeding holes (14 per side)
- High-density polypropylene plastic
GQF Box Brooders are designed to eliminate stress in young birds by providing plenty of heat, fresh air, light, feed and water space, and sanitary conditions for a confined area. Three clear plastic panels allow full and easy viewing of the brooder’s interior. Each brooder comes with three 28.5' troughs which maybe used for either feed or water. Ample feed and water space is necessary to allow weaker chicks access in the presence of more dominant chicks.
Any trough may be equipped with optional automatic watering to provide the large quantity of water necessary. Failure to provide proper feed and water space can result in slower weight gain and perhaps higher chick mortality. The troughs are mounted on the outside of the brooder so that the chicks do not mix droppings into the food or water. The 300-watt heater provides sufficient heat while the vented plastic side panels keep out drafts.
As chicks are drawn to light rather than heat, each heater has a socket for a low wattage attraction light bulb (2 bulbs included), which helps to hold the chicks in the heated area. Each brooder comes with a thermometer and a wafer thermostat, which is accurate to 1 degree.
The floor is a thin wire ½” mesh which will allow droppings to easily pass through. For small chicks like quail this floor requires that a layer of No 1628 DACB paper or paper towels be laid down on the wire for the first 4 to 7 days after which quail may stand on the ½” wire floor.
Day old poultry and ducks can be placed directly on the wire. Drop pans are made of lightweight aluminum for long life. Drop pans can be easily pulled out even when brooders are stacked and the wire floor is heavy with birds.
- This box brooder is universal as each side panel comes with an adjustable gate to regulate openings for chick size.
- 32” X 38” X 12” Approx. capacity to 4th week - 100 quail - 50 Chukar or Pheasants. Poultry Chick capacity - 100 chicks through 2 weeks.
- Shipped in 2 cartons.
- (Needs #5001 Feeder & Waterer for game
$19.97Universal Pop bottle Waterers work on old fashioned snap on pop bottles as the screw on 12 or 16 ounce bottle. Waterers fits through 1'' square opening in cage or pen to supply adequate water for birds or small animals. Waterer supplied with spring to hold bottle. Package of 12. Learn More
$4.65GQF Manufacturing Thermometer for Box Brooder 0490 fits through 1-1/8'' hole. Learn More
Plastic egg trays offer the most efficient system for gathering, spray disinfectant treating and storing of eggs. At time of setting eggs, just remove loaded egg tray from storage area and place it on the incubator turning rack.
The No. 1500 and 1502 incubators are equipped with turning racks that will accomodate plastic trays to hold your eggs in place. Each No. 1502 turning rack will hold 4 quail egg trays (456 quail eggs). Modled posts on each tray permits double stacking for a total of 1368 quail eggs. (Caution: GQF HATCHING trays hold a maximum of 250 quail eggs). Outer edge positions of double stacked trays may not be used in top turning rack. PLASTIC, SET OF 6.Learn More
Pricing Varies By Region. Please Contact Your Local Store for Pricing.
- A complete, nutritious vegetarian diet—no need for supplementation
- 16% protein and fortified with vitamins and minerals to promote hen health and egg production
- Contains a proprietary blend of nutrients to naturally support the immune system and overall health of the bird
- NO added antibiotics or hormones
- Added marigold extract for golden yolks
- Added prebiotics, probiotics and yeast culture that support digestion
- Available regionally in a pellet or a crumble form. Check with your local Nutrena® retailer for availability in your area.
- Crude Protein: 16.0%
- Lysine: 0.75%
- Methionine: 0.35%
- Crude Fat: 2.5%
- Crude Fiber: 6.0%
- Calcium: 3.7% - 3.9%
- Phosphorus: 0.45%
- Salt: 0.25% - 0.65%
- Sodium: 0.15% - 0.23%
- Feed as the sole ration beginning at 16 weeks of age
- Don’t let feeders run empty
- Clean feeders and waterers regularly
- Keep clean, fresh water available at all times
- Provide appropriate size grit as needed
- Oyster shell or coarse ground limestone may be fed from the onset of lay in addition to NatureWise® Layer Feed
- Raising Health Hens
Is there anything more satisfying than a fresh egg? Raising layer hens is an investment in wholesomeness. A good coop, fresh water and nutritious feed are essential to your flock’s health.
Your coop keeps your flock comfortable and safe. Make sure each hen has at least four square feet of space, and provide one perch and one nest box for every four or five hens. Spread a thick layer of wood chips or shavings on the floor to absorb droppings and give the birds a place to take a dust bath. Be sure the coop is draft free in the winter and well ventilated in the summer. Close the coop door each night to protect your hens from predators.
Because hens rarely find enough nutrients on their own for a complete, balanced diet, your choice of feed is important. Provide feed and fresh, clean water at all times. Oyster shell or ground limestone will help hens maintain their calcium levels, and an occasional treat of scratch grains will satisfy their pecking instincts and keep them busy.
Coop N Compost. Coop'N Compost is the natural way to neutralize odors and moisture in the chicken coop. Not only will this protect the respiratory systems of your flock, but it will make your nose and neighbors happy! In addition to the powerful odor control, Coop'N Compost also helps make the nutrients in your manure and compost more plant-accessible which can benefit your garden! Try Coop'N Compost for healthy birds, happy neighbors and lush gardens!
- Reduces odors and moisture
- Extends the life of your bedding
- Helps improve the quality of your compost
Directions for use:
Remove all existing bedding and waste. If using water or a cleaning aid, wait until coop is completely dry before applying Coop'N Compost. Sprinkle liberally on the floor of the coop, creating a thin layer of granules. Add fresh bedding. It is recommended that the coop be cleaned every 1-2 weeks.
If using the deep-litter method: Sprinkle Coop'N Compost into the litter 1-2 times per week, as well as each time fresh bedding is added.Learn More