Chicken Incubators - Accessories
The Duplex Nesting Box is a 24" x 12" x 12", two hole nesting box made from 3/8" Ply Wood. When assembled with the provided screws it makes for a very solid nesting box for all weather conditions. Panels come pre-drilled for ease of assembly.
- Easy assembly
- Heavy duty plywood
$10.97Fit through 1'' Diameter hole and is length adjustable from 9'' to 6''. For healthier chicks and to prevent losses, set brooder temperatures at 100 degrees f. and lower temperature 5 degrees each week to wean chicks off necessity of supplemental heat. This thermometer used in No. 0427 Brooder. Learn More
Note that this cradle is NOT compatible with the Octagon 10 or the older Octagon 20 DX models.
- Egg turning with all models in the Octagon incubator range is achieved by rotating the whole cabinet through 90° (45° on either side on an hourly cycle).
- The separate egg turner cradle keeps all moving parts outside the incubator away from moisture and dust leaving the enclosure easier to clean.
- It also means that there is nothing to trap or injure emerging chicks if you forget to stop the turning.
- The incubator lifts easily out of the egg turner cradle allowing it to stand horizontal for hatching.
Removing the hatching tray allowed us to space the trays further apart and have them turn to a steeper angle. The No. 1500 is exempt from use as a hatcher allowing it to avoid the mess associated with hatches and remain clean. This incubator only has to maintain one humidity setting making it easier on the eggs and easier to operate. The “PROFESSIONAL” is designed to be used with the No. 1550 HATCHER. We recommend purchasing the two together. Up to three No 1500’s can be used with one hatcher for a weekly production of chicks from a laying flock. The No. 1500 incubator offers an accurate digital thermostat with LCD display of Temperature and Humidity. An on-board computer monitors systems and the environment every second to keep itself updated and to share this data with you. Electronic egg turning control, audio/visual indicators and a standard easy view door highlight a number of features. Constructed from high strength plastic board making it well insulated, quieter, and easier to clean. Each unit is hand assembled by our skilled craftsmen and tested for a full 24 hours for proper operation and calibration. Thermostat operating range between 60 and 103 degrees F. depending on room temperature. 110-120VAC, 50/60 Hz, 325 Watts. TUV Listed. This incubator includes: - 1 #3258 Digital Command Center thermostat - 3 turning racks - 1 moisture pan with 2 wick pads - Instruction booklet. Total Capacity with plastic trays: 1368 Quail Eggs (set and hatch 250 per week), 354 pheasant eggs, 270 chicken eggs, 198 turkey or duck eggs, and 36-45 larger eggs such as goose, peafowl, and emu. Actual capacity may depend on egg size. Please see the egg trays for this incubator in the INCUBATOR ACCESSORIES section.
- DIMENSIONS: 30 1/4” Front to Back, 15 3/4” Wide, 31 3/4” High.
- METAL SETTING TRAYS, ITEM NO. 3067 ARE SOLD SEPARATELY AND NOT NECESSARY FOR OPERATION.
- PLEASE USE PLASTIC EGG TRAYS (0243,0245,0246)
$24.97We can supply Chick-Bator without quail eggs and it can be used for hatching other eggs. (Approx. capacity: 3 chicken eggs, 4 pheasant eggs, 2 turkey or duck eggs, 8 quail eggs.) 7'' Diameter, 6'' Learn More
The Octagon® 20 Advance egg incubator is the solution to the incubation of small numbers of eggs. It provides the control and reliability that ensures top hatch rates, time after time.
- Egg capacity of 24 hens eggs or equivalent
- Simple and highly accurate digital control system giving: Temperature and humidity display, Temperature alarm, Periodic cooling, Choice of °C or °F
- Fully factory calibrated
- Good visibility of the eggs
- Tough and hygienic cabinet
- Insulated for low energy use and optimal temperature distribution
- Automatic egg turning cradle and optional humidity pump
The Octagon® 20 Advance egg incubator builds on decades of success of earlier Octagon® 20’s with an all new intelligent design combining latest digital and materials technology with Brinsea’s 30 years of experience.
The result is an easy to use, accurate and high performance egg incubator with exactly the right controls to give the hatching results you need.
The specially designed control system is the heart of the Octagon® 20 Advance. In normal mode it shows the incubation temperature and humidity to very high levels of accuracy. A simple menu allows the user to change the incubation settings. Features include periodic cooling, high and low temperature alarm and choice of °C or °F. The menu also allows full control of humidity with the optional Advance Humidity Pump (see Octagon® 20 Advance EX below).
The high quality incubator cabinet is entirely injection moulded from high grade ABS which makes it durable and easy to clean. The base is double skinned and foam filled to reduce heat loss meaning to lower electricity consumption and better temperature distribution. The top of the incubator is clear allowing good visibility of the eggs and chicks.
Humidity and ventilation.
Air is circulated by a long life computer grade fan which, coupled with the unique grill with optimised air diffuser leads to extremely even air temperature throughout the egg chamber. Fresh air is controlled with a vent slider and humidity is provided by water in two reservoirs in the base.
To accommodate eggs of different sizes the Octagon® 20 Advance’s removable egg tray is supplied with dividers which the user can position to suit their eggs and so maximise the number of eggs that can be held. Eggs from as small as finches to as large as geese can be incubated and a guide to the numbers of a range of popular species which will fit is given in the specification table. Eggs are turned during incubation as the whole incubator is rocked from side to side – hence the octagonal cabinet ends. The Autoturn Cradle turns the eggs hourly but this can be done manually twice daily.
Cooling is an entirely natural process as most birds will get off the nest at least once a day and leave the eggs unheated for a significant time. Recent research has also shown that hatch rates can actually increase significantly as a result of cooling. For this reason Brinsea® have now incorporated a cooling option in all their Advance models of egg incubators for 2012. This feature turns the incubator’s heater and low temperature alarm off for a selected period but keeps the fan running. After the cooling period is complete the incubator reverts to normal temperature and the alarm is automatically reset.
All Brinsea® egg incubators are fully guaranteed and will be repaired or replaced if a fault should arise within the guarantee period (See terms of guarantee). Brinsea® Products Ltd and their agents will not be responsible for loss of eggs in the event of failure, however caused, and the user is advised to arrange his own insurance cover where loss of power, mechanical or electrical failure might result in unacceptable losses.Learn More
The 1550 HATCHER incubator is designed to allow for the best hatching conditions. Unlike setting incubators, hatchers usually operate at slightly different temperature and humidity settings to obtain optimum hatch. With five hatching drawers the 1550 Hatcher will hold the complete setting of the 1500 incubator. For expanding operations the 1550 can be matched with up to three 1500 incubators. The 1550 can be used to set eggs, but each egg will have to be turned by hand. For small chicks such as quail, each hatching tray comes with a tray cover. The No. 1550 HATCHER incubator offers an accurate digital thermostat with LCD display of Temperature and Humidity. An on-board computer monitors systems and the environment every second to keep itself updated and to share this data with you. Audio/visual indicators and a standard easy view door highlight a number of standard features. Constructed from high strength plastic board making it well insulated, quieter, and easier to clean. Each unit is hand assembled by our skilled craftsmen and tested for a full 24 hours for proper operation and calibration. Thermostat operating range between 60 and 103 degrees F depending on room temperature.
- 110-120VAC, 50/60 Hz, 325 Watts.
- DIMENSIONS: 30 1/4” Front to Back, 15 3/4” Wide, 31 3/4” High.
TUV Listed Hatcher includes:
- 1 #3258 Digital Command Center
- 5 hatching trays
- 1 moisture pan with 2 wick pads
- Instruction booklet
- 4 hatching tray covers
- Total capacity approximately 1250 Quail eggs or 360 Chicken Eggs.
Building on decades of success of earlier Octagon 20s, the ADVANCE design combines the latest digital and materials technology with Brinsea's 30 year experience.
The Octagon 20 ADVANCE EX package includes:
- The Ocagon 20 ADVANCE incubator
- The ADVANCE Humidity Pump to maintain total control of the incubation humidity level
- Foam lined egg dividers to protect fragile or damaged eggs and eliminate effects of jolts.
A simple and highly accurate menu driven digital control system gives:
- Digital display of temperature and humidity
- Automatic temperature control in °F or °C fully factory calibrated
- Automatic humidity control in % RH (Relative Humidity)
- High and low temperature alarms
- NEW Cooling feature
- Automatic egg turning
- Fan assisted air circulation
- Good visibility of the eggs
- Robust hygienic ABS construction for easy cleaning
- Insulated cabinet for low energy use and optimal temperature distribution
- 24 hen eggs capacity but suitable for a wide range of egg sizes (adjustable dividers)
The external ADVANCE Humidity Pump is designed to work seamlessly with the Octagon 20 ADVANCE and is ONLY compatible with the Octagon 20 ADVANCE incubator since humidity settings are controlled directly from the incubator's intuitive digital menu.Learn More
The GENESIS Hova-Bator is TUV LISTED. This certification along with the safety afforded by its 12 Volt system makes it perfect for use in classroom and laboratory settings. It is pre-set for bird eggs. Simply plug it in, then add water for humidity and eggs. While the thermostat set temperature can easily be fine tuned, most users won’t find it necessary. The LCD will display set temp, actual temp and humidity percentage in both Fahrenheit and Celsius. The pre-set microprocessor based thermostat digitally regulates itself. The digital technology in this thermostat means the command setting is never affected by changes in humidity, temperature or dust. Built in sensors prevent the “burn up” of eggs. Like all incubators, the GENESIS requires a stable room temperature and should not be used in areas like sheds or barns. Excellent for classrooms, novices, and experts. Thermostat can be set to any temperature required for bird eggs and can also be set for all reptile eggs down to 60F. (room temperature has to be 50F for the 1588 to regulate 60F.). Includes picture window & plastic bottom liner.
- TURNER SOLD SEPARATELY.
- 1588 - 12 Volt DC power supply operates on 100 to 240 Volt AC .
- Only U.S. plug & cord set supplied.
- Input: AC 100-240V 50/60 Hz 1.5A
- Output 3000mA 12Volt
- Without an automatic turner in place, the incubator will hold 50 duck or chicken eggs or 130 quail eggs.
- Dimensions 18 1/2” x 18 1/2” x 9 1/2”