For a limited time, get a FREE Leatherman Super Tool 300 when you buy the Dickey-John GAC 500XT! Just add this item to your cart and the Leatherman tool will be added at no cost.
This compact, cost-effective unit lets you analyze grain moisture, temperature, and test weight anywhere on the farm. The GAC 500XT gives you elevator-quality testing right no your farm. This unit is semi-portable so you can take it from field to field. The GAC 500 XT has an available library of 450 grain calibrations and comes preloaded with 10 languages (others are avilable).
For fast, accurate moisture testing, you can't beat the GAC®500 XT: Just choose a grain, load the hopper, and press a button.
- Easy to use
- ±0.2 moisture repeatability
- Cereals, oilseeds, grass seeds, vegetable seeds, beans
- Stores up to 16 calibrations
- More than 450 calibrations available for download
- 110/220 volt, DC converter, or cigarette lighter power sources
- Preloaded with 10 languages (others available)
- Measurement method: capacitance, conductance, internal scale
- Moisture range: 5-45% (depending on grain calibrations)
- Grain temperature: 32-122° F (0-50° C)
- Temperature difference: 36° F (20° C) instrument to grain sample
- Temperature compensation: automatic
- Moisture repeatability: ±0.2% (depending on application)
- Moisture resolution: 0.1% moisture
- Grain sample: whole grain
- Sample size: 250 gr. (approx. for cereal grains)
- Display: LCD (128 x 64 pixels)
- Height: 13.5 in. (34.5 cm)
- Width: 10.25 in. (26.5 cm)
- Depth: 13.75 in. (35 cm)
- Weight: 13 lbs. (5.78 kg)
- Measured parameters: moisture, temperature, test weight
- Calibrations: 16, user defined
- Operating temperature: 41-113° F (5-45° C)
- Humidity: 5-95% non-condensing
- Power supply: wall mount adapter, 90-264 VAC, 47-63 Hz, 0.4A max 6-volt vehicle adapter, 12-24 VDC
SKU 050350030 Model GAC500XT Weight 14.0000 Color No Size No Width N/A In Store Only No Price $1,847.48
DICKEY-John warrants to the original purchaser for use that, if any part of the product proves to be defective in material or workmanship within one year from date of original installation, and is returned to DICKEY-john within 30 days after such defect is discovered, DICKEY-john will (at their option) either replace or repair said part. This warranty does not apply to damage resulting from misuse, neglect, accident, or improper installation or maintenance; any expenses or liability for repairs made by outside parties without DICKEY-john’s written consent; damage to any associated equipment; or lost profits or special damages. Said part will not be considered defective if it substantially fulfills the performance expectations. THE FOREGOING WARRANTY IS EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR PURPOSE, AND OF ANY OTHER TYPE, WHETER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. DICKEY-John neither assumes nor authorizes anyone to assume for it any other obligation or liability in connection with said part and will not be liable for consequential damages. Purchaser accepts these terms and warranty limitations unless the product is returned within fifteen days for full refund of purchase price.
- Product Manual
- Nice but expensive. Review by Donald
Price Value Quality
I bought this tester as well as a mini gac . From what I can tell it is about the same accuracy. Could have bought 4 of the minis for the price of the 500. Maybe after I use it more I will change my opinion. Bought this unit to monitor my bin stored grain moisture. Haven't used it much yet but still early. All in all it is easier to use indoors without spilling grain everywhere.
(Posted on 8/19/14)
- Great choice for farm use. Review by Supersetter
Quality Price Value
The minor inconveniences of running the tester manually vs. the the higher GAC units are easily offset by the price and the reliability of owning a unit with no moving parts, servos or belts to give trouble. I'll gladly dump manually for a thousand dollars difference. The accuracy and consistency have been excellent. One of the advantages of this unit vs. the cheaper miniGACs is that there isn't the mess with the GAC500. The only thing I would like to see different is a brighter and bigger display.
(Posted on 10/4/12)
Write Your Own Review
- Q & A
Questions on Dickey John GAC500XT Grain Moisture Tester Semi-Portable
No questions asked yetBack to the product page
Ask Your Own Question