Tragically, on average, two children are killed each week and approximately 50 people are hospitalized after being hit by vehicles backing up. Since 2001, about 600 children have died in these non-traffic related, rollover incidents. Drivers cannot see the children and other pedestrians behind them because their “blind zone” inhibits rearward visibility. The blind zone, which can actually be 34 feet or more in length on light trucks and larger sport utility vehicles, can hide as many as 60 children from the driver’s view.
For these reasons, PEAK Performance is proud to introduce its new PEAK Performance Back-Up Camera System. This accessory works on most kinds of vehicles and features a full 2.4-inch by 3.5-inch LCD color monitor that provides easy-to-see rear coverage on automobiles, trucks, SUVs and minivans. It also includes a water-resistant color camera and a 2.4GHz wireless transmission between the camera and the display monitor. The automatic screen turns on upon shifting into reverse gear. The complete installation takes less than an hour for most novices and just minutes for those with a little bit more expertise.
The camera mounts above the rear license plate using the same mounting holes as the plate, while the LCD monitor mounts to the inside front windshield with an easily removable suction cup mechanism. Once mounted, the monitor itself easily pivots on two axes for the driver’s viewing adjustment.
The rear image is wirelessly transmitted from the camera above the license plate to the monitor on the front windshield via a 2.4GHz transmitter. Image transmission will only take place after the rear camera and transmitter are wired to the rear backup light circuitry. The LCD monitor, powered by 12 volts, plugs into the vehicle’s lighter or power adapter outlet. The brightness and contrast control on the monitor can be adjusted, the image orientation controlled and the LCD screen turned off, all from the driver’s seat.
More than 50 percent of households have one child or more. Approximately 65 percent of all drivers fall between the age of 18 to 45, a very likely range for parents with small children. More than 40 percent of drivers own a minivan, SUV or pickup truck that can have blind spots that can exceed 34 feet, and more than 50 percent of the top 20-selling vehicles in the United States do have blind spots greater than 30 feet.
- Wireless Camera broadcast for quick and easy installation.
- Brightness and contrast controls
- Reverse Image control
- Water resistant camera with day or night time use.
- 3.5" Color LCD Monitor
- Simple and smart retractable ratcheting system
- Unused web is stored in center so it does not flap in wind or get dirty
- Heavy vinyl-coated hooks prevent scratching
- Contains two 1" x 10' long, black webbed, durable straps
- 1200 pounds load capacity and 400 pounds working load limit
- Perfect for securing cargo without traditional anchor points
- Pass the long length of webbing around the load and feed it back through the ratchet buckle
- Easy and secure ratcheting system
- Red webbed strap is durable and is 1 inches wide by 15 feet long
- 500 pounds load capacity, 166 pounds WLL (Working Load Limit)
Regular Price: $19.99
Special Price: $14.99
- Durable, long lasting tow strap that is built to last.
- 4" x 30'; 20,000 lb capacity
- Reinforced Looped ends for maximum strength and versatility.
- Abrasion and weather-resistant polyester web strap will not rot or tear when used in extreme conditions.
Brands may vary.Learn More
- 4 bolt base.
- Stainless steel finish.
- 1/4" wire loop.
- Inside loop measures 7/8"
- 1200 lb. max. load.
- 6 inches wide x 30 feet long durable webbed strap
- Features a sewn end loop with an overlay of high-tenacity nylon to ensure longer life in the pull area
- Sewn in loop also makes it easier to attach the strap loop to the tow hooks on the vehicle
- 5,000 pounds breaking strength
- 27,500 pounds maximum vehicle weight
The Cargo Lock Kit is a triangle tie down accessory specially made for Quantum Rack. The self-racheting handle provides easy installation with no additional tools, bolts, or hardware needed. The piece comes apart at the bracket area, so it can easily be installed on the inside or the outside of the Versa Rack uprights and can slide along the top rails for versatility.Learn More
- The ratchet strap tie downs work great for securing cargo for transport
- Ratcheting system to tighten strap around cargo
- Strap is yellow webbed, durable and is 2 inches wide by 12 feet long
- 3500 pounds load capacity, 1166 pounds WLL (Working Load Limit)