Aeration is the secret to achieving green, healthy, and lush grass. All the seeding, watering, and fertilizing in the world won’t make a lawn green if compacted soil blocks water, oxygen, and nutrients from reaching the lawn’s root system. By means of poking holes in the soil or removing plugs of soil, aeration exposes grass roots to nutrients and water and room to breathe. For minor to moderately compacted soil, use a spike aerator and for clay soil or severely compacted soil, use a plug aerator for the best results.
Brinly 40” Tow-Behind Spike Aerator
For lawns with minor to moderate soil compaction issues or for aerating prior to seeding or fertilizing in the spring and fall, the Brinly 40” Spike Aerator can be the ideal tool. Aerate in a lawn’s high traffic areas to help reduce soil compaction and allow water, air, and nutrients to get to the root system for a green and healthy lawn. This is the perfect tool for homeowners who want to start aerating their lawn for the first time. Let your yard make the neighbors green with envy!
Features and Benefits
1. (10) Galvanized steel tine stars inhibit rust and penetrate the soil up to 2”
2. Durable steel tray holds up to 110 lbs. of extra weight for proper soil penetration
3. Universal hitch pin design easily attaches to most lawn tractors
- Aeration Method: Spike; 120 tine tips
- Aeration Depth: up to 2" (51 mm)
- Working Width: 40" (1016 mm)
- Dimensions: (L x W x H) 28" x 40" x 10.7" (711 x 1016 x 272 mm)
- Tray Capacity: 110 lbs (50 kg)
- Wheels: NA
- Ship Weight: 26 lbs (12 kg)
SKU 017969000 Model SA-40BH Weight 27.0000 Color No Size No Width N/A In Store Only No Price $99.97
Rural King provides a defect or damage warranty within 30 days of receipt. All Manufacturing Return Policies Supersede Rural King's Return Policy.
- Product Manual
- Very Good Review by Darrell Karas
Price Value Quality
I used it on vary hard clay ground and it works very well does the job and easy to put together and easy to pull behind tractor.
(Posted on 9/29/2014)
- Ok but some issues Review by Walter Searle
Price Value Quality
This is a good piece of equipment but would be even better if it had a built in stripper, when ever you run over a stick or piece of bark you have to stop and pull it off the wheel. This becomes very troublesome before you have your yard done.
(Posted on 7/15/2014)
Write Your Own Review
- Q & A
Questions on Brinly 40" Pull Behind Spike Lawn Aerator SA-40BH
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question