Sowing rate alone is 12-18#/ acre or 2-4# per acre in a mixture. Deep rooted, drought tolerant, prennial legume. Used for hay. Adapts to well drained, deep soils with a pH range of 5.5-6.5.
SKU 067030107 Model ALFALFA Weight 50.0000 Color No Size No Width N/A In Store Only No Price $169.99
Rural King provides a defect or damage warranty within 30 days of receipt. All Manufacturing Return Policies Supersede Rural King's Return Policy.
- Product Manual
- seed started up in 3 days Review by Tom Flowers
Price Value Quality
We bought the seed without knowing anything about the company, the representative was courteous and professional we will be doing business with the company in the future
(Posted on 5/22/2014)
Write Your Own Review
- Q & A
Questions on Vernal Alfalfa Seed 50lb
- From Tom Settlemoir at 9/3/2012 7:47 PM
- From Bill Lawson at 1/15/2014 7:56 AM
- Q: is this alfalfa durable enough once seeded and growing to survive approx. two to three field floods a year from creek overflow. I don't want to spend the money to seed a field that is flooded several times a year if this seed will not survive after it take hold. thanks for any info you can give
- Show Answer
- A: Hello Bill,
This is what the manufacturer had to say:
No alfalfa no matter how much you pay for it can withstand long term water issues. When roots soak in water over 5-7 days, they ingest the bacteria in the ground and the roots start their decay. The length of exposure to water, tempature and age of the plant determine the severity of the problem. Vernal alfalfa will withstand this environment as well as other varieties- short term flooding (2-3 days) will have a minimal effect, anything longer and the situation changes quickly.
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
Ask Your Own Question