Columbian Home Products 0709-2 Graniteware 33 Quart Canner With Lid, Black
- Graniteware has a porcelain enamel surface over a steel core body.
- The steel core is an excellent heat conductor and gives an even heat distribution for faster cooking times.
- The glass like enamel surface does not interact with foods and cleans up easily with warm soapy water.
- Includes wire rack with handles
- Great way to do cold water or hot water baths for your fruit and vegetable canning
- Canning rack makes loading and unloading jars a breeze
- Black Granite
- 33 quart
Not for use on flat stove tops.
SKU 9420270 Model 0709-2 Weight 12.0000 Color No Size No Width N/A In Store Only No Price $29.99
Rural King provides a defect or damage warranty within 30 days of receipt. All Manufacturing Return Policies Supersede Rural King's Return Policy.
- Q & A
Product QuestionsWhy do jars have to be covered by one or two inches of water when doing water bath canning? Some have said they use only half full and it works fine.Question by: Fran on Sep 24, 2013 11:14:14 PMHi, I've seen this other places online and sometimes the directions said don't use on a glass stove or ceramic stove. Other times online, the directions said you could but to use caution.
What does your information say concerning that and does your information say if it's dishwasher safe? ThanksI have bought a couple of these water bath canners now. After a period of about a year, the porcelain/enamel coating starts to break down and no longer be glossy... almost like it has a film on it. When I rub it with my hand inside- my hand turns black- almost like the coating is rubbing off. I absolutely do not have hard water. I have tried everything to keep the enamel nice, washing it after use immediately- using low heat, using vinegar (the first time I had the pot- to see if it was a hard water issue, but alas the water was tested and it is not). I just don't know what to do, I want my canner to last years, decades, but that doesn't seem to be the case. The first one I had broke down so badly that the coating was actually flaking off and I would find traces of black in the jars, not very appetizing. Suggestions? I bought your brand at Fleet Farm.Question by: Rachael C. on Oct 25, 2013 1:55:11 PM