Rural King’s return policy is designed to be as hassle-free and fair as possible. We want you to be completely satisfied with your purchase but understand that sometimes an item needs to be returned or exchanged. No worries! Returns and exchanges can be made within 30 days of receipt for any reason*.
*See exceptions below
How to Return an item:
To initiate the return process, please create a Return Authorization through your account or contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-561-1752. You will be provided a Return Authorization Number. This Return Authorization Number will need to be attached to the package that is sent back to RuralKing.com.
Non-Defective Items (Changed mind, misordered)
You are responsible for all return shipping costs on non-defective items.
If your item qualified for Free Shipping upon return of the non-defective item the original shipping charge incurred will be deducted from the amount of the refund.
Non-Defective Large Items (Changed mind, misordered)
For returns of non-defective large item(s), you are responsible for paying return freight. Freight fees on large item range between $50.00 and $500.00.
Large Item Return Policy (defective, damaged, etc.)
Due to the expense of shipping heavy items, large items are subject to additional terms.
- Be sure to carefully inspect all Heavy Item (freight) deliveries for damage before signing the bill of lading as freight handling charges cannot be refunded. If item(s) arrive damaged or defective, you must note this on the shipping receipt and refuse delivery to avoid paying return freight charges. If this is not done, you will be responsible for return freight charges back to us or the manufacturer. Please notify us of any delivery problems as soon as possible to expedite the refund process.
- In situations where a damaged product can be repaired by either a factory-technician or end-user, RuralKing.com may opt to provide replacement parts and/or a service technician instead of returning the whole item
Please note that you will be responsible for the additional freight costs in the following instances:
- You miss your delivery appointment
- You refuse or return a non-damaged, non-defective item
Gasoline Powered Items
All generator sales are final. Due to their product nature, Rural King cannot accept returns of gas or diesel-powered items once said items have contained oil or gas. Once said items have been used they must be repaired at an authorized service center under the manufacturer's warranty.
Packing and Sending Your Return
When sending an item back to RuralKing.com, please ensure the following:
- The item is in it’s original box with all original packaging, accessories & documents. Returned items missing original packaging, accessories or documents are subject to a restocking fee.
- The product is securely & properly packaged to avoid damage in transit
In order to keep our prices low, we will charge a restocking fee in certain instances to recoup the cost associated with returns. A restocking fee of up to 20% will be assessed in the following situations.
- Merchandise that has been visibly used or worn
- Orders "Refused" without authorization
- Returns that were shipped back after 30 days of the date received (Note: unless authorized, late returns will be rejected)
- Any return that is not the result of defective/damaged merchandise or a shipping error
Important Note: Some items that are shipped directly from the manufacturer are subject to a restocking fee regardless of their condition.
Warranty and Parts Info
After 30 days, purchases made from Rural King are no longer covered by our Return Policy. After this time, products are covered by their respective Manufacturer’s Warranty and in most cases, may be brought to an Authorized Service Center for repair.
- To learn how warranty claims are handled for a specific manufacturer, please visit the Manufacturer’s website.
- To find the nearest Authorized Service Center in your area, you may contact the manufacturer directly or contact RuralKing.com for assistance with finding a local service center near you.
If you have any questions about our return policy, please contact our customer service team.
- Dickey John Corporation
- United States Stove Co.
- King Kutter
- Drexel Chemical Company
- Enerco/Mr. Heater
- Montezuma MFG, Inc
- Earthway Products
- Ace Roto-Mold MFG.
- Generac Power Systems
- Lifetime Products Inc.
- Twin-Star International Inc.
- Aquatic Control Inc.
- Husqvarna/Poulan Pro
- Hobart Retail Sales
- Fimco, Inc.
- Ingersoll Rand
- Peg Perego
- More Brands