- 3-Layer Laminated RSL Rigid Structural Lid has a reverse beveled edge liner and an inner layer of rigid foam insulation to create the most rigid, strongest aluminum lid we've tested
- Adjustable lid strikers lock the lid down tight for superior security
- Reinforced body resists cargo damage and protects the lock system
- Gas spring lid lifts raise the lid when unlatched for easier access
- Leak-proof stainless steel paddle handles prevent moisture from entering
- Full weather stripping creates a tight, moisture resistant seal
- All models available with diamond black finish
SKU 2432068 Model 429002 Weight 100.0000 Color No Size No Width No In Store Only No Price $322.97
Rural King provides a defect or damage warranty within 30 days of receipt. All Manufacturing Return Policies Supersede Rural King's Return Policy.
- Tough Box Review by Jared
Quality Price Value
I purchased this for an admittedly strange use case. I have a roof rack just wide enough for this box, and wanted something low-ish profile. This fit the bill.
I have this mounted on top of my rack now for a few months and the box is solid and definitely weather-proof. It has taken the full brunt of 70 mph winds (driving) for hours on end in rain, snow, and all kinds of nasty conditions.
All that said, the lock is becoming a little bit tricky to get the key into - probably due to the box facing forward and having wind/rain forced right into the mechanism while driving. If the box were mounted differently I don't think this would have been as big an issue.
Also - again due to how I have the box mounted - one time the lid popped open while on the freeway at about 65 mph (it faces into the wind). Amazingly, when I pulled over and there was no damage to the lid or components/hinge, etc. The box still works - so chalk one up to a good build, though I don't recommend this maneuver on a regular basis.
(Posted on 1/8/2016)
Write Your Own Review
- Q & A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!