American Farmer: The Heart of Our Country is an award winning book by Paul Mobley, Katrina Fried, Willard Scott and Michael Martin Murphey. It has been awarded the Wrangler Western Heritage, IPPY, and ROSE Award. This book was published in 2008 by Welcome Books and illustrates pictures taken by Paul Mobley of 300 farmers from 35 states. It discusses the farmers' generosity, hardships they face and the general lifestyle of a farmer in America.
- Photographs by Paul Mobley
- Text by Katrina Fried
- Preface by Willard Scott
- Introduction by Michael Martin Murphey
- Afterward by Paul Mobely
- Published by Welcome Books
- 272 pages, 10 1/4" x 13"
- Over 150 color photographs
About the Book:
When photographer Paul Mobley set out to capture the soul of our country's farm communities, he encountered an enduring rural culture that remains rooted in the principles of tradition, family, integrity and hard work. Traveling across the country from Tennessee to Montana, Mobley and his camera were welcomed time and again into the homes of over two hundred farm families, who graciously shared their personal histories and private thoughts, along with the fruits of their labor. Visit after visit, Mobley came to know the independent farmer's spirit from both behind the lens and across the dinner table.
The result is the first portrait collection of modern American farmers ever published to reach so deeply and gracefully into its subject. Images are accompanied by short and revealing first person narratives, told in the farmers' own words, that offer an intimate look inside the hardships and joys of a quickly disappearing way of life—one that once defined our national identity and now struggles to remain vital. From Walter Jackson, a 104-year-old Florida citrus farmer; to Patsy Fribley, a stockyard dealer from Montana; to Aaron Bell, a young 9th generation organic dairy farmer in Maine, Mobley's exquisite photographs reveal the true face of American farming and remind us what it means to live with simplicity, contentment, and decency in a world that so often forgets.
States included: Alaska, Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Mississippi, Montana, North Carolina, Nebraska, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, West Virginia, Wyoming.Learn More
- Glad Quick Tie Trash Bags
- 13 Gallon
- 80 Count
- Strong and dependable easy-tie flaps.
- No need for inconvenient twist-ties anymore!
- With GLAD Quick-Tie closure you can close the bag by cross-tying the flaps.
- Quick-Tie bags are also easy to lift and carry so you can transport even the fullest bag with ease.
Clorox Regular-Bleach has been trusted for six generations as a whitener, stain remover, and disinfectant. Today, Clorox Regular-Bleach is still the most trusted brand of bleach for a cleaner, healthier home.
- It kills the germs on surfaces that may make your family sick.
- Clorox Regular-Bleach helps reduce the spread of germs around your home by killing common viruses, bacteria and fungi that can make your family sick.
- It whitens fabrics better than detergent alone.
- Clorox Regular-Bleach provides unbeatable whitening for your fabrics while removing body soil, stains and odors that detergent can leave behind.
- It removes tough stains.
Go ahead and let your kids be kids because you can trust Clorox Regular-Bleach to help get rid of those tough kid stains like dirt, grass, and food messes better than detergent alone.Learn More
Tide's reinventing the way you do laundry! New Tide Pods is a multi-dimensional laundry detergent that cleans, fights stains, and brightens in one. No more pouring. No more lugging. No more spills. Just toss one in—it's that easy!
- Works in Both Machine Types - Standard & HE
- Dissolves Quickly in Hot or Cold
- 1 pac = 1 load
- Use 2 pacs for heavily soiled loads
Ingredient List: Contains Nonionic and Anionic Surfactants, Ethoxylated Polyethylene Polyamine (Polymer) and Enzymes.
Warnings: Keep out of reach of children. May irritate eyes. Do not get in eyes. Close the package and handle with dry hands. First Aid Treatment: Contains nonionic and anionic surfactants, PPE and enzymes. If swallowed, give a glass of water or milk and call a Poison Control Center or doctor immediately. Do not induce vomiting. If in eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice. If on skin or clothing, remove contaminated clothing and rinse with water.Learn More
- INTERNATIONAL HARVESTER 1206
- INTERNATIONAL HARVESTER 1256
- INTERNATIONAL HARVESTER 1456
- INTERNATIONAL HARVESTER 21206
- INTERNATIONAL HARVESTER 21256
- INTERNATIONAL HARVESTER 21456
- INTERNATIONAL HARVESTER 2706
- INTERNATIONAL HARVESTER 2756
- INTERNATIONAL HARVESTER 2806
- INTERNATIONAL HARVESTER 2856
- INTERNATIONAL HARVESTER 706
- INTERNATIONAL HARVESTER 756
- INTERNATIONAL HARVESTER 806
- INTERNATIONAL HARVESTER 856
- Deer Graphics
- Suction Cup For Indoor Or Outdoor Mounting
- 8" H x 3-1/2" W
- 40 F To Plus 120 F Temperature Scale.