From the experts, the new bible in home preserving.
Ball Home Canning Products are the gold standard in home preserving supplies, the trademark jars on display in stores every summer from coast to coast. Now the experts at Ball have written a book destined to become the "bible" of home preserving.
As nutrition and food quality has become more important, home canning and preserving has increased in popularity for the benefits it offers:
- Cooks gain control of the ingredients, including organic fruits and vegetables
- Preserving foods at their freshest point locks in nutrition
- The final product is free of chemical additives and preservatives
- Store-bought brands cannot match the wonderful flavor of homemade
- Only a few hours are needed to put up a batch of jam or relish
- Home preserves make a great personal gift any time of year
These 400 innovative and enticing recipes include everything from salsas and savory sauces to pickling, chutneys, relishes and of course, jams, jellies, and fruit spreads, such as:
- Mango-Raspberry Jam, Damson Plum Jam
- Crab Apple Jelly, Green Pepper Jelly
- Spiced Red Cabbage, Pickled Asparagus
- Roasted Red Pepper Spread, Tomatillo Salsa
- Brandied Apple Rings, Apricot-Date Chutney
The book includes comprehensive directions on safe canning and preserving methods plus lists of required equipment and utensils. Specific instructions for first-timers and handy tips for the experienced make the Ball Complete Book of Home Preserving a valuable addition to any kitchen library.Learn More
- 3" long firm, flexible split tip polymer fibers.
- 1" thick steel handle and 5" grip with hanger tip.
- Super tough polymer brace won’t rust or bend.
- Polymer block for durability and hygiene.
- Oxygen boosters lift out embedded dirt, bacteria and allergens
- Gentle on carpet and safe to use on wool and wool blend carpets
- Super concentrated carpet cleaning solution – clean up to twice as much carpet as other brands
- Dries without leaving a waxy or sticky residue so your carpets can stay cleaner longer
- Cleans four to eight averaged sized rooms
Original formula CLR Calcium, Lime, & Rust Remover uses a powerful, EPA-approved formula to blast through calcium, lime, and rust on a variety of surfaces, without rubbing or scrubbing.
- Patented formula quickly and easily dissolves calcium deposits, lime scale, and surface rust
- Safe and effective on glass, tile, brick, stucco, fiberglass, porcelain, chrome, and stainless steel
- Use on tubs, toilets, sinks, shower heads, and other bathroom and kitchen fixtures
- Great for appliances, including coffee pots, humidifiers, dishwashers, and washing machines
- Non-abrasive formula is septic safe and uses no phosphates, ammonia, or bleach
Safe, fast-acting CLR Calcium, Lime, & Rust Remover quickly zaps calcium deposits, lime scale, and rust, leaving surfaces clean as new.Learn More
Pet owners can now tackle tough stains, remove dander and deodorize their carpet all at once with the pro-enzymatic formula of the Rug Doctor® 2X Pet Formula Carpet Cleaner. This formula brings the same pro-enzymatic formulation from the Urine Eliminator product to its already powerful cleaning solution, for an all-over deep clean that pet owners will truly appreciate. It helps remove the source of odors by dissolving urine crystals. The time-tested safe pro-enzymatic technology eliminates odors as it removes oil and protein stains. This formula is non-toxic, non-irritating and it contains no dyes or phosphates. It has been tested safe for use in all deep-cleaning/hot water extraction machines. 96-ounce container.Learn More
American Farmer: The Heart of Our Country is an award winning book by Paul Mobley, Katrina Fried, Willard Scott and Michael Martin Murphey. It has been awarded the Wrangler Western Heritage, IPPY, and ROSE Award. This book was published in 2008 by Welcome Books and illustrates pictures taken by Paul Mobley of 300 farmers from 35 states. It discusses the farmers' generosity, hardships they face and the general lifestyle of a farmer in America.
- Photographs by Paul Mobley
- Text by Katrina Fried
- Preface by Willard Scott
- Introduction by Michael Martin Murphey
- Afterward by Paul Mobely
- Published by Welcome Books
- 272 pages, 10 1/4" x 13"
- Over 150 color photographs
About the Book:
When photographer Paul Mobley set out to capture the soul of our country's farm communities, he encountered an enduring rural culture that remains rooted in the principles of tradition, family, integrity and hard work. Traveling across the country from Tennessee to Montana, Mobley and his camera were welcomed time and again into the homes of over two hundred farm families, who graciously shared their personal histories and private thoughts, along with the fruits of their labor. Visit after visit, Mobley came to know the independent farmer's spirit from both behind the lens and across the dinner table.
The result is the first portrait collection of modern American farmers ever published to reach so deeply and gracefully into its subject. Images are accompanied by short and revealing first person narratives, told in the farmers' own words, that offer an intimate look inside the hardships and joys of a quickly disappearing way of life—one that once defined our national identity and now struggles to remain vital. From Walter Jackson, a 104-year-old Florida citrus farmer; to Patsy Fribley, a stockyard dealer from Montana; to Aaron Bell, a young 9th generation organic dairy farmer in Maine, Mobley's exquisite photographs reveal the true face of American farming and remind us what it means to live with simplicity, contentment, and decency in a world that so often forgets.
States included: Alaska, Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Mississippi, Montana, North Carolina, Nebraska, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, West Virginia, Wyoming.Learn More