From the experts, the new bible in home preserving.
Ball Home Canning Products are the gold standard in home preserving supplies, the trademark jars on display in stores every summer from coast to coast. Now the experts at Ball have written a book destined to become the "bible" of home preserving.
As nutrition and food quality has become more important, home canning and preserving has increased in popularity for the benefits it offers:
- Cooks gain control of the ingredients, including organic fruits and vegetables
- Preserving foods at their freshest point locks in nutrition
- The final product is free of chemical additives and preservatives
- Store-bought brands cannot match the wonderful flavor of homemade
- Only a few hours are needed to put up a batch of jam or relish
- Home preserves make a great personal gift any time of year
These 400 innovative and enticing recipes include everything from salsas and savory sauces to pickling, chutneys, relishes and of course, jams, jellies, and fruit spreads, such as:
- Mango-Raspberry Jam, Damson Plum Jam
- Crab Apple Jelly, Green Pepper Jelly
- Spiced Red Cabbage, Pickled Asparagus
- Roasted Red Pepper Spread, Tomatillo Salsa
- Brandied Apple Rings, Apricot-Date Chutney
The book includes comprehensive directions on safe canning and preserving methods plus lists of required equipment and utensils. Specific instructions for first-timers and handy tips for the experienced make the Ball Complete Book of Home Preserving a valuable addition to any kitchen library.Learn More
The Ball Blue Book Guide to Preserving is the ultimate guide to fresh preserving. Each edition is filled with fresh solutions for today’s busy lifestyles to help everyone enjoy good food at the peak of flavor. The Ball Blue Book Guide to Preserving is packed with over 500 tried and true recipes and guides you to the right tools and ingredients that make it easy to capture freshness.
- Gourmet recipes
- Special diet recipes
- Home canning classics
- Illustrated step-by-step instructions
This Dutch oven cookbook is full of easy-to-follow recipes cooked in competitive cook-offs sanctioned by the Lone Star Dutch Oven Society during 1995-1996. This book also includes history, valuable facts, and welcomed cooking tips. 234 pages.Learn More