The Ice Chaser cast aluminum floating plastic tank de-icer is the most durable floating de-icer available. The patented cast aluminum construction provides ultimate efficiency and safety. This de-icer is thermostatically controlled to operate only when necessary. The cord is protected with a heavy-duty "anti-chew" cord protector. Safe in plastic tanks. 1,250 watts of power. Three year limited warranty.
- The most durable floating de-icer available
- Thermostatically controlled to operate only when necessary
- Heavy-duty "anti-chew" cord protector Safe in plastic tanks
- 1,250 Watts
SKU 011300016 Model H-418 Weight 3.6000 Color No Size No In Store Only No Price $27.98
Rural King provides a defect or damage warranty within 30 days of receipt. All Manufacturing Return Policies Supersede Rural King's Return Policy.
- Works like a charm Review by Ted
Price Value Quality
The temps have been in the single digits at nite and the low 20's during the day for the last week..not even a skim of ice on the horse water..extremely pleased and so are the horses!!!!!
(Posted on 2/19/14)
- Seems to work well Review by Paulk
Price Value Quality
Works good and water didn't freeze at -8 with -25 wind chill. The only complaint is when the tank went dry it over heated and wrinkled the plastic on it some but still works.
(Posted on 1/8/14)
- Quality seems good - only time will tell. Review by Jim
Quality Price Value
Replacement for earlier version which failed. Hope this one holds up better. Worked out of box, has built in thermostat. Great service and fast delivery from Rural King.
(Posted on 2/6/13)
Write Your Own Review
- Q & A
Questions on Farm Innovators Ice Chaser Cast Aluminum Floating Plastic Tank De-Icer Model H-418 1250 Watt
- From curtis ellison at 10/23/12 4:53 PM
- From tony at 10/29/12 6:39 PM
- From Tim at 1/25/14 7:12 PM
- Q: Why is my de-icer shocking my pigs? I have a plastic 55 gallon drum, with nipple waterers out the bottom. I've tried two heaters. Both electrify the galvanized piping and shock the pigs,... so they won't drink
- Show Answer
- A: Hello Tim,
The tank should be grounded per Farm Innovators' instructions. There could be issues in the electrical wiring or outlet.
If you have any more questions about this product or any other we carry on the site please feel free to call our customer service team at 1-800-561-1752.
Thank you for choosing Rural King!
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
Ask Your Own Question