The Fire Chief FC700 is our most popular indoor wood and coal burning furnace and will keep you warm for many winters to come. Fire Chief Wood and Coal Burning Furnaces are designed for maximum efficiency with our unique 360 degree Cast iron Roller Grates (with a lifetime warranty) and a Secondary Combustion Chamber - each Fire Chief furnace Heating System is pre-wired for ease of installation, constructed of heavy gauge steel (7 ga & 10 ga) plus cast iron front and rear baffles for strength and Quality Heating System durability.
Comfortably heats approximately 2500 - 3500 square feet*
- Heating System Construction - High Grade, heavy (7 & 10) gauge steel is continuously welded for maximum structural strength.
- Secondary Combustion Chamber - Increases fuel efficiency for this heating system while re-burning smoke and wood gases before they are vented up the chimney.
- Cold Air Return/Filter Box - Standard equipment on the FC700 Fire Chief Furnace. The box filters the return air as well as allowing a connection for a cold air return duct if necessary.
- Cast Iron Baffle - Directs the combustion air flow below and above the cast iron grates creating the maximum fire temperature for every pound of fuel. This heating systems cast iron baffle comes with a lifetime warranty.
- Cast Iron Roller Grates - Designed to roll 360 degrees from either direction, allowing fine ash to drop into ash pit and leaving hot coals in fire box. This heating systems cast iron roller grates comes with a lifetime warranty.
- Thermostatically Controlled Draft - Adds convenience with a full range of comfort determined by the temperature setting of your Fire Chief wall thermostat.
- 3-Speed Blower - This heating system motor allows for gentle circulation of air when heating requirements are low and high output when heating requirements are high.
- Pre-Wired Electrical System - Fully automatic heating system components are pre-wired for your convenience and to reduce electrical installation time and expense.
- Weight: 580 lb approx
- Height: 50.5''
- Width: 26''
- Depth: 31''
- Maximum Heating Capacity: 2500 - 3500 sq ft
- Maximum Btu Output: 150,000 approx
- Maximum Log Size: 28''
- Flue Size: 6''
- Fire Chamber Volume: 7.00 cu ft
- Plenum Size: 12'' Round
- Door Size: 13'' X 14''
- 3-Speed Blower Capacity: 1150,1500, 1800 cfm
- Warranty - Firebox: 5 Year
- Warranty – Grates, Castings: Lifetime
SKU 10810036 Model FC700E Weight 650.0000 Color No Size No Width N/A In Store Only No Price $2,700.97
Rural King provides a defect or damage warranty within 30 days of receipt. All Manufacturing Return Policies Supersede Rural King's Return Policy.
- Product Manual
- JUNK STEEL Review by James V
Quality Price Value
I noticed when I first looked at this model the fire brick did not fit right. I should have walked away but I was in a pinch. The furnace was installed by my father hvac tech for 40 years and me. The first fire in this stove I noticed the back below the vent was expanding or bulging. I called firechief and got the run around. Was told by randall this was normal. this is a shame,for 2800.00 this furnace should not warp under normal operation. I fired a JENSEN wood furnace for 25 years much hotter than this one with no problems. Now the shaker grates need to be forced to get them to rotate. Firechief's warranty is not worth the paper it was written on. I'M SORRY I TOOK A CHANCE ON THIS PIECE OF JUNK. The back of the furnace looks like is going to break open when it gets to operating temp.I am afraid it will burn my home down so I am going to stop using it. Anybody considering a firechief be warned. THEY ARE JUNK. I FOUND OUT 2800.00 DOLLARS TOO LATE.
(Posted on 11/3/2015)
- Unhappy Review by Jeff
Quality Price Value
It's a piece of over priced JUNK
(Posted on 2/16/2015)
- Awesome Furnace Review by Ken P.
Quality Price Value
I bought a gently used FC700 2 years ago. I use the basement (where it is set up) as my return air. I have tied the furnace in with my existing supply duct work. I heat 3,700+ sf easily on the coldest of days. we live in Southern Ohio, so nights can get very cold. This is by far the best unit I've had the pleasure to look at. It is made better than anything you'll find at the chain stores. Burn times can last as long as 12 hours. I wake up every morning to a hot bead of coals, after loading the firebox up at 9 pm the night before.
(Posted on 11/8/2014)
- VERY UNHAPPY Review by Ryan
Price Value Quality
The worst buy I have ever purchased. This stove is very cheaply made. Should have purchased a clayton. I have had this wood burner for 4 years now. I've replaced the cast iron once already. (the shaker & grate $360) Tried to deal with the company. Took me 3.5 weeks to talk to ssomebody. Warranty did not cover anything. The warranty only covers natural wear. Not sure what they mean by that. I would suggest looking at clayton.
(Posted on 1/29/2014)
Write Your Own Review
- Q & A
Product QuestionsQuestion by: N.JUSTIN on Oct 5, 2013 5:46:59 PMHello,
I just spoke with the manufacturer and they said that these units are not rated for mobile home use, instead he had recommended a wood stove from US stove instead of a wood furnace. We offer the US Stove BOSCA Spirit 550 Wood Stove, which offers up to 1800 sq ft of heat and is mobile home approved with optional fresh air kit.
US Stove also recommended that before you make your purchase you contact your home owner's insurance company to make sure adding one of these units to your home would not cancel your policy.
Hope this answers your question, please feel free to call us at 1-800-561-1752 if you have any more questions about this product or any others you find on the site.
Thank youAnswer by: D.J. (Admin) on Oct 5, 2013 5:46:59 PM