Need to cut steel? Thinking about an oxy acetylene cutting torch to do the job? Consider a plasma cutter. This simple technology uses an electrical arc and compressed air to cut steel, aluminum, and other conductive metals.
The AirForce™ 500i is an economical plasma cutting system for all conductive metals. Inverter-based design and reliable technology pack a lot of performance into a very portable package. This power source adapts to your work site by operating from either 115 or 230 VAC power through standard household outlet using the Multi-Voltage Plug (MVP).
Compared to the complexities of an oxy fuel cutting torch system, plasma cutting is easy:
- Cuts faster than oxy fuel
- More precise cut, thinner kerf, less slag to clean up
- Smaller heat-affected zone for less warping
- No gas pressure settings or flame tuning needed
- No preheating of metal prior to cutting
- New Inverter Design - Powerful cutting ability at half the weight of prior model (AirForce 400). Weighs only 27.8 lbs.
- Capable with Engine-Driven Welders - Complete cutting capability when powered by an engine-driven welder with a 240 V generator power outletof 6 kW or more.
- New Ergonomic Torch - The new HP-50 torch is designed for increased comfort, more efficient cooling and economical replacement cutting tips.
- Multi-Voltage Plug (MVP) - Allows you to connect to common 120 or 230 V power receptacles without the use of any tools - simply choose the plug that fits the receptacle
- Post-flow Air Cooling - Cools the torch and tip after cutting, extending life of replaceable tip and electrode.
- Fan-On-Demand - Runs only when needed reducing dust/debris pulled into unit.
- Wind Tunnel Technology - Prevents abrasive dust and particles from damaging internal components.
- Thermal Overload Protection - Built to withstand tough working environments. Rated for 35% duty cycle at 104° Fahrenheit. Duty cycle will increase as environmental temperature decreases.
- Cable Management Strap - Secures torch, work cable and power cord to make transporting easy and convenient.
- Line Voltage Compensation (LVC) - Provides peak performance power under variable input voltage conditions (±15%) for steady and cleaner ending cuts.
- Power Factor Correction - Expands operator’s work area via extension cords while minimizing nuisance trips caused by voltage drops.
- HP-50 torch with 16.5 ft (5 m) lead and consumables
- 16.5 ft (5 m) heavy duty work clamp
- 10 ft (3 m) power cord with 115/230 VAC, 20 A MVP plug
- 115 VAC, 20 amp circuit, single phase
- 115 VAC, 15 amp circuit, single phase
- 230 VAC, 50 amp circuit, single phase
- Sheet Metal
- Auto Body
- Rated Output at 35% Duty Cycle:
- 240 V - 27 A, 92 VDC
- 120 V - 20 A, 88 VDC
- Max. Open-Circuit Voltage: 400 V
- Amps Input at Rated Output, 60 Hz:
- 120V (15 A) - 20.6
- 120V (20 A) - 28.8
- 240V - 13.9
- Plasma Gas Flow/Pressure: 3.0 CFM (85 L/min) at 90-120 PSI (621–827 kPA) recommended
- H: 11-1/4 in. (286 mm)
- W: 8-1/4 in. (210 mm)
- D: 14-1/4 in. (362 mm)
- Net Weight: 500i w/torch: 27.8 lb (12.6 kg)
- Ship weight: 32.6 lb (14.8 kg)
SKU 015244110 Model 500548 Weight 40.0000 Color No Size No
Rural King provides a defect or damage warranty within 30 days of receipt. All Manufacturing Return Policies Supersede Rural King's Return Policy.
Write Your Own Review
- Q & A
Questions on Hobart Plasma Cutter Airforce 500i 500548
No questions asked yetBack to the product page
Ask Your Own Question