Seeds - Soils - Mulch
The perfect landscape starts with the perfect soil. Potting soils provide a loose, well-draining planting medium. The next step is to choose the right grass seeds to plant. Grass seeds are available in different varieties for different climates. Choosing the right grass for your climate is essential. Un-blended grasses do well in warm season southern states where temperatures typically exceeds 80°F. In cool season states, a blend of permanent grasses is best. Landscaping mulch will increase plant life and the appearance of your landscape.
- Sow at 4-10# per 1000 sq ft. in mixtures or 20-25# per 1000 sq ft. alone
- Wide leafed, deep-rooted bunch grass for lawns, parks, and athletic fields.
- Excellent heat, drought and water tolerance, usually staying green all summer.
- Adapted to clay, loam and sandy soils. Heavy deep roots provide excellent drought tolerance
Kentucky Bluegrass has the highest quality color and texture of the cool season grasses. Kentucky Bluegrass spreads filling in open areas or thickens lawns giving it a great look. The Kentucky Bluegrass is adapted to well-drained, fertile soils, that prefers direct sunlight, but tolerates moderate shade.
- Grass Seed grows best in sunny areas or front lawns
- Germinates in about 14-21 days
- Sowing Rate (#/1000 square feet): 2-4
- Fine Leafed, sod-forming, perennial grass used in lawns parks and golf courses
- Performs best in the spring and fall
- Allows tree trunks to breathe for faster growing, healthier trees and protects against the extremes of winter and summer
- One roll is enough to wrap 5 trees
The Medium Red Clover blend is perfect for poorly to well drained soil with a pH range of 5.5 to 6.5. Packed with vitamins A, B, C, E and K, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Zinc and Chlorophyll. This seed is a short-lived perennial legume used in Hay and pasture mixtures and is easy to establish and ideal for frost seedings.
Sowing rate (#/acre):
- Alone: 10-12
- In Mixtures: 3-6
Seed 8-10# per 1000 square feet. This grass seed is a mixture of 5 elite turf-type tall fescues. This is a versatile mixture for all soil types. Excellent for areas of high traffic.
- Star Fire Tall Fescue
- Falcon II Tall Fescue
- Blade Runner Tall Fescue
- Finelawn Petite Fescue
- Dynasty Tall Fescue
Seed starting trays are excellent for starting vegetable and flowers plants indoors. Use a clear plastic greenhouse dome to keep essential moisture in and maintain temperatures for even germination.
- 36 Peat pots clear dome fiber seed start tray
- Plastic greenhouse dome
- New reusable fiber material
- Clear greenhouse dome to keep in moisture
Orchardgrass (Dactylis glomerata L.) is a bunch-type, tall-growing, cool-season perennial grass. It is one of the most productive cool-season grasses, tolerant to shade, fairly drought resistant with moderate winter hardiness. Orchardgrass does not exhibit as much tolerance to drought or winter hardiness as tall fescue and bromegrass. It has been reported growing in the United States since before 1760. The Orchardgrass is early, hardy, pernnial bunch type with quicly regrowth. Used for pasture amd hay and is commonly used in forage mixtures with legumes.
- Drought Tolerant
- Sowing Rate: Alone - 10-15#/acre , In Mixtures - 3-5#/acre
Produces a thick, medium green, temporary lawn that grows rapidly in full sun to medium shade. Kwik Grass® establishes quickly and can be used to overseed existing lawns.
- Provides a thick, green, temporary lawn cover
- Excellent for seasonal overseeding
- For use in full sun to partly shaded areas
- Penkoted® for seedling protection