Seeds - Soils - Mulch
The perfect landscape starts with the perfect soil. Potting soils provide a loose, well-draining planting medium. The next step is to choose the right grass seeds to plant. Grass seeds are available in different varieties for different climates. Choosing the right grass for your climate is essential. Un-blended grasses do well in warm season southern states where temperatures typically exceeds 80°F. In cool season states, a blend of permanent grasses is best. Landscaping mulch will increase plant life and the appearance of your landscape.
Vernal Alfalfa is a perennial legume that produces high yields of good quality dry hay material for horses and livestock. Alfalfa is a high protein and high energy food with protein levels reaching approximately 20% when properly harvested. Alfalfa is also an excellent source of calcium for productive dairy animals. In addition to use as a hay material, vernal alfalfa can also be used to produce silage, as part of pasture forage, or for conservation and wildlife. Nutritional quality is at its peak in the low fiber periods during early budding or blooming. Alfalfa leaves are a rich dark green in color and have fine stems.
Vernal alfalfa is a cool weather crop that prefers to grow in the cooler temperatures of spring and fall. Alfalfa will perform best when plant with adequate starting moisture. Vernal alfalfa has good winter hardiness and a moderate regrowth rate after cutting. Vernal alfalfa is deep rooted and drought tolerant. This alfalfa will adapt to deep well drained soils of all types as long as PH levels are within the range of 6.4-7.5. A PH test is useful in determining proper soil amendments. The sowing rate for vernal alfalfa is 15-20 lb per acre when planted alone or 6-15 lb per acre in a mixture.
- 50 lbs
- Sowing Rate: 15-20 lb/acre alone or 6-15 lb/acre in a mixture.
- Deep rooted, drought tolerant, perennial legume.
- Used for hay.
- Sow at 4-10# per 1000 sq ft. in mixtures or 20-25# per 1000 sq ft. alone
- Wide leafed, deep-rooted bunch grass for lawns, parks, and athletic fields.
- Excellent heat, drought and water tolerance, usually staying green all summer.
- Adapted to clay, loam and sandy soils. Heavy deep roots provide excellent drought tolerance
Kentucky Bluegrass has the highest quality color and texture of the cool season grasses. Kentucky Bluegrass spreads filling in open areas or thickens lawns giving it a great look. The Kentucky Bluegrass is adapted to well-drained, fertile soils, that prefers direct sunlight, but tolerates moderate shade.
- Grass Seed grows best in sunny areas or front lawns
- Germinates in about 14-21 days
- Sowing Rate (#/1000 square feet): 2-4
- Fine Leafed, sod-forming, perennial grass used in lawns parks and golf courses
- Performs best in the spring and fall
Sorgum-Sudangrass is a high performing proven Sorghum x Sudan Hybrid. It is a very sweet palatable forage that can be used for green chop, hay or summer pasture. It also works exceptionally well as highly competitive cover crop to provide large amounts of organic matter, cycle nutrients, suppress weeds, and loosen soil -with its deep penetrating root system. It works well for windbreak purposes with is tall growth and standability.
- Capable of Very Fast Regrowth for Multiple Cuttings
- A Very Sweet Palatable Forage
- Very Leafy with Fine Stems
- Low Prussic Acid Levels
Warning: Sorghum x Sudangrass should not be grazed before 18 inches high, during or immediately after any severe stress, or before regrowth is 12 to 18 inches high after cutting. Mares with foal should not graze sorghum x sudangrass, nor be fed greenchop or hay made from sorghum x sudangrass.Click here for Seed Rate Chart. Learn More
- Solves the #1 lawn problem - BARE SPOTS
- All-in-one product contains everything needed to repair bare spots
- Pre-mixed and ready to grow. Contains Premium Grass Seed, Starter® fertilizer, and mulch
- For all-purpose use on most lawns
The Medium Red Clover blend is perfect for poorly to well drained soil with a pH range of 5.5 to 6.5. Packed with vitamins A, B, C, E and K, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Zinc and Chlorophyll. This seed is a short-lived perennial legume used in Hay and pasture mixtures and is easy to establish and ideal for frost seedings.
Sowing rate (#/acre):
- Alone: 10-12
- In Mixtures: 3-6
Produces a thick, medium green, temporary lawn that grows rapidly in full sun to medium shade. Kwik Grass® establishes quickly and can be used to overseed existing lawns.
- Provides a thick, green, temporary lawn cover
- Excellent for seasonal overseeding
- For use in full sun to partly shaded areas
- Penkoted® for seedling protection