Seeds - Soils - Mulch
The perfect landscape starts with the perfect soil. Potting soils provide a loose, well-draining planting medium. The next step is to choose the right grass seeds to plant. Grass seeds are available in different varieties for different climates. Choosing the right grass for your climate is essential. Un-blended grasses do well in warm season southern states where temperatures typically exceeds 80°F. In cool season states, a blend of permanent grasses is best. Landscaping mulch will increase plant life and the appearance of your landscape.
- Sow at 4-10# per 1000 sq ft. in mixtures or 20-25# per 1000 sq ft. alone
- Wide leafed, deep-rooted bunch grass for lawns, parks, and athletic fields.
- Excellent heat, drought and water tolerance, usually staying green all summer.
- Adapted to clay, loam and sandy soils. Heavy deep roots provide excellent drought tolerance
Sorgum-Sudangrass is a high performing proven Sorghum x Sudan Hybrid. It is a very sweet palatable forage that can be used for green chop, hay or summer pasture. It also works exceptionally well as highly competitive cover crop to provide large amounts of organic matter, cycle nutrients, suppress weeds, and loosen soil -with its deep penetrating root system. It works well for windbreak purposes with is tall growth and standability.
- Capable of Very Fast Regrowth for Multiple Cuttings
- A Very Sweet Palatable Forage
- Very Leafy with Fine Stems
- Low Prussic Acid Levels
Warning: Sorghum x Sudangrass should not be grazed before 18 inches high, during or immediately after any severe stress, or before regrowth is 12 to 18 inches high after cutting. Mares with foal should not graze sorghum x sudangrass, nor be fed greenchop or hay made from sorghum x sudangrass.Click here for Seed Rate Chart. Learn More
Produces a thick, medium green, temporary lawn that grows rapidly in full sun to medium shade. Kwik Grass® establishes quickly and can be used to overseed existing lawns.
- Provides a thick, green, temporary lawn cover
- Excellent for seasonal overseeding
- For use in full sun to partly shaded areas
- Penkoted® for seedling protection
Contains NO Crabgrass!
Suggested Seeding Directions NEW SEEDING RESEEDING 1. Cultivate the soil and grade to desired smoothness. 1. Mow existing turf to height of 1 to 2 inches. 2. Sow grass seed generously to cover area completely. 2. Spread seed generously throughout the lawn area. 3. Rake soil lightly to cover seed 1/8 inch. 3. Gently rake existing grass so seed will filter through the turf and make contact with the soil. 4. Keep seeded area well watered daily until grass appears. 4. Keep the area well watered until grass is established. 5. Begin to mow the grass after it has reached a height of 2 inches. NOTE: Seeding rate 8 to 10 lbs. per 1000 sq. ft. NOTE: Seeding rate 4 to 5 lbs. per 1000 sq. ft.
The Royal American Horse Pasture Mix is a pure grass mix that adapts to a wide range of soils.
Sowing rate (#/acre): 20-25
- Intermediate Ryegrass
- Forage Kentucky Bluegrass
- Covers 4x more than ordinary combination products (400 square feet)
- Holds moisture for less watering
- Expands to provide nutrient rich seed bed
- Natural appeal, no ugly green paper
- Easy to use shaker bag
- Great for roadways, bare spots, and large bare areas
Lambert’s Canadian Sphagnum Peat Moss is an excellent soil amendment because of it capacity to retain water, aerate the soil and it is completely natural. All of Lambert’s peat moss packages carry the OMRI (Organic Material Review Institute) logo, which indicates that they are approved for use in organic production. Covers 3.8 cubic feetLearn More
The original grass seed mix just got better; introducing superior grass seed variety, darker green, disease resistant. Durable fine leaf texture Mixed 25 Lb Bag of Grass Seed. Grass seed for lawns, pastures and turf grass establishment. "Contains no Crab-Grass Seeds".Learn More