Seeds - Soils - Mulch
The perfect landscape starts with the perfect soil. Potting soils provide a loose, well-draining planting medium. The next step is to choose the right grass seeds to plant. Grass seeds are available in different varieties for different climates. Choosing the right grass for your climate is essential. Un-blended grasses do well in warm season southern states where temperatures typically exceeds 80°F. In cool season states, a blend of permanent grasses is best. Landscaping mulch will increase plant life and the appearance of your landscape.
Regular Price: $42.99
Special Price: $39.99
- Sow at 7-9# per 1000 sq ft.
- Wide leafed, deep-rooted bunch grass for lawns, parks, and athletic fields.
- Excellent heat, drought and water tolerance, usually staying green all summer.
- Adapted to clay, loam and sandy soils. Heavy deep roots provide excellent drought tolerance
Click here for Seed Rate Chart. Learn More
- Covers 4x more than ordinary combination products (400 square feet)
- Holds moisture for less watering
- Expands to provide nutrient rich seed bed
- Natural appeal, no ugly green paper
- Easy to use shaker bag
- Great for roadways, bare spots, and large bare areas
Contains NO Crabgrass!
Suggested Seeding Directions NEW SEEDING RESEEDING 1. Cultivate the soil and grade to desired smoothness. 1. Mow existing turf to height of 1 to 2 inches. 2. Sow grass seed generously to cover area completely. 2. Spread seed generously throughout the lawn area. 3. Rake soil lightly to cover seed 1/8 inch. 3. Gently rake existing grass so seed will filter through the turf and make contact with the soil. 4. Keep seeded area well watered daily until grass appears. 4. Keep the area well watered until grass is established. 5. Begin to mow the grass after it has reached a height of 2 inches. NOTE: Seeding rate 8 to 10 lbs. per 1000 sq. ft. NOTE: Seeding rate 4 to 5 lbs. per 1000 sq. ft.