- Sow at 7-9# per 1000 sq ft.
- Wide leafed, deep-rooted bunch grass for lawns, parks, and athletic fields.
- Excellent heat, drought and water tolerance, usually staying green all summer.
- Adapted to clay, loam and sandy soils. Heavy deep roots provide excellent drought tolerance
Click here for Seed Rate Chart. Learn More
Regular Price: $99.99
Special Price: $96.99
Kentucky Bluegrass has the highest quality color and texture of the cool season grasses. Kentucky Bluegrass spreads filling in open areas or thickens lawns giving it a great look.
- Grass Seed grows best in sunny areas or front lawns
- Germinates in about 14-21 days
Sorgum-Sudangrass is a high performing proven Sorghum x Sudan Hybrid. It is a very sweet palatable forage that can be used for green chop, hay or summer pasture. It also works exceptionally well as highly competitive cover crop to provide large amounts of organic matter, cycle nutrients, suppress weeds, and loosen soil -with its deep penetrating root system. It works well for windbreak purposes with is tall growth and standability.
- Capable of Very Fast Regrowth for Multiple Cuttings
- A Very Sweet Palatable Forage
- Very Leafy with Fine Stems
- Low Prussic Acid Levels
Warning: Sorghum x Sudangrass should not be grazed before 18 inches high, during or immediately after any severe stress, or before regrowth is 12 to 18 inches high after cutting. Mares with foal should not graze sorghum x sudangrass, nor be fed greenchop or hay made from sorghum x sudangrass.Click here for Seed Rate Chart. Learn More
Regular Price: $93.99
Special Price: $89.99
For a quality "all-purpose" lawn, here's an optimal mixture that thrives under full sun as well as moderate shade. An excellent choice for new lawns or inter-seeding.
- 50% 2 Improved Kentucky Bluegrass
- 30% Creeping Red Fescue
- 20% Perennial Ryegrass
Northern Zone Planting Dates
Early to mid-spring
Late summer to early fall
Transitional Zone Planting Dates NA Southern Zone Planting Dates NA Planting Depth 1/4 inch Amount of Sunlight 1/2 day of sunlight Soil pH 6.5 - 7.0 Fertilizer Starter such as 12-12-12 at seeding; follow up in 6 weeks with slow release fertilizer such as 25-0-8 Primary Usage Residential and commercial lawns Soil Type Most soil types. Soil pH is a more important variable How to See 'How To' Tab