The Royal American Horse Pasture Mix is a pure grass mix that adapts to a wide range of soils.
Sowing rate (#/acre): 20-25
- Intermediate Ryegrass
- Forage Kentucky Bluegrass
Contains NO Crabgrass!
Suggested Seeding Directions NEW SEEDING RESEEDING 1. Cultivate the soil and grade to desired smoothness. 1. Mow existing turf to height of 1 to 2 inches. 2. Sow grass seed generously to cover area completely. 2. Spread seed generously throughout the lawn area. 3. Rake soil lightly to cover seed 1/8 inch. 3. Gently rake existing grass so seed will filter through the turf and make contact with the soil. 4. Keep seeded area well watered daily until grass appears. 4. Keep the area well watered until grass is established. 5. Begin to mow the grass after it has reached a height of 2 inches. NOTE: Seeding rate 8 to 10 lbs. per 1000 sq. ft. NOTE: Seeding rate 4 to 5 lbs. per 1000 sq. ft.
The Perennial Ryegrass provides for a quick cover and is a fast growing, fine leaged grass with excellent turf quality. This seed is used in mixtures with Bluegrass and fine Fescue.
Sowing Rate (#/1000 square feet): 7-9
- Used in clay and loam soils with medium fertility.
- Has Fair drought tolerance.
- Requires direct sunlight.
The original grass seed mix just got better; introducing superior grass seed variety, darker green, disease resistant. Durable fine leaf texture Mixed 25 Lb Bag of Grass Seed. Grass seed for lawns, pastures and turf grass establishment. "Contains no Crab-Grass Seeds".Learn More
- Covers 4x more than ordinary combination products (400 square feet)
- Holds moisture for less watering
- Expands to provide nutrient rich seed bed
- Natural appeal, no ugly green paper
- Easy to use shaker bag
- Great for roadways, bare spots, and large bare areas
Orchardgrass (Dactylis glomerata L.) is a bunch-type, tall-growing, cool-season perennial grass. It is one of the most productive cool-season grasses, tolerant to shade, fairly drought resistant with moderate winter hardiness. Orchardgrass does not exhibit as much tolerance to drought or winter hardiness as tall fescue and bromegrass. It has been reported growing in the United States since before 1760. The Orchardgrass is early, hardy, pernnial bunch type with quicly regrowth. Used for pasture amd hay and is commonly used in forage mixtures with legumes.
- Drought Tolerant
- Sowing Rate: Alone - 10-15#/acre , In Mixtures - 3-5#/acre
- Solves the #1 lawn problem - BARE SPOTS
- All-in-one product contains everything needed to repair bare spots
- Pre-mixed and ready to grow. Contains Premium Grass Seed, Starter® fertilizer, and mulch
- For all-purpose use on most lawns