- Sowing rate alone: 6-8#/acre
- Sowing rate in a mixture:2#/ acre
- Thrives on rich, moist, heavy soils with pH range of 4.8-6.5
- Late, hardy, bunch-type grass with high palatability has shallow root system. Mostly used in hay mixtures with legumes can be grazed with long rest period.
- Sow at 7-9# per 1000 sq ft.
- Wide leafed, deep-rooted bunch grass for lawns, parks, and athletic fields.
- Excellent heat, drought and water tolerance, usually staying green all summer.
- Adapted to clay, loam and sandy soils. Heavy deep roots provide excellent drought tolerance
Click here for Seed Rate Chart. Learn More
Seed 7-9# per 1000 square feet. This grass seed is a mixture of 5 elite turf-type tall fescues. This is a versatile mixture for all soil types. Excellent for areas of high traffic.
- Star Fire Tall Fescue
- Falcon II Tall Fescue blade runner tall fescue finelawn petite fescue dynasty tall fescue Learn More
For a quality "all-purpose" lawn, here's an optimal mixture that thrives under full sun as well as moderate shade. An excellent choice for new lawns or inter-seeding.
- 50% 2 Improved Kentucky Bluegrass
- 30% Creeping Red Fescue
- 20% Perennial Ryegrass
Northern Zone Planting Dates
Early to mid-spring
Late summer to early fall
Transitional Zone Planting Dates NA Southern Zone Planting Dates NA Planting Depth 1/4 inch Amount of Sunlight 1/2 day of sunlight Soil pH 6.5 - 7.0 Fertilizer Starter such as 12-12-12 at seeding; follow up in 6 weeks with slow release fertilizer such as 25-0-8 Primary Usage Residential and commercial lawns Soil Type Most soil types. Soil pH is a more important variable How to See 'How To' Tab