Orchardgrass (Dactylis glomerata L.) is a bunch-type, tall-growing, cool-season perennial grass. It is one of the most productive cool-season grasses, tolerant to shade, fairly drought resistant with moderate winter hardiness. Orchardgrass does not exhibit as much tolerance to drought or winter hardiness as tall fescue and bromegrass. It has been reported growing in the United States since before 1760. The Orchardgrass is early, hardy, pernnial bunch type with quicly regrowth. Used for pasture amd hay and is commonly used in forage mixtures with legumes.
- Drought Tolerant
- Sowing Rate: Alone - 10-15#/acre , In Mixtures - 3-5#/acre
The Timothy Climax seed is a late, hardy, bunch-type grass with high palatability has shallow root system. Mostly used in hay mixtures with legumes can be grazed with long rest period.
- Sowing rate alone: 8-10#/acre
- Sowing rate in a mixture:2-6#/ acre
- Thrives on rich, moist, heavy soils with pH range of 4.8-6.5
Seed 8-10# per 1000 square feet. This grass seed is a mixture of 5 elite turf-type tall fescues. This is a versatile mixture for all soil types. Excellent for areas of high traffic.
- Star Fire Tall Fescue
- Falcon II Tall Fescue
- Blade Runner Tall Fescue
- Finelawn Petite Fescue
- Dynasty Tall Fescue
The Royal American Horse Pasture Mix is a pure grass mix that adapts to a wide range of soils.
Sowing rate (#/acre): 20-25
- Intermediate Ryegrass
- Forage Kentucky Bluegrass
Kentucky Bluegrass has the highest quality color and texture of the cool season grasses. Kentucky Bluegrass spreads filling in open areas or thickens lawns giving it a great look. The Kentucky Bluegrass is adapted to well-drained, fertile soils, that prefers direct sunlight, but tolerates moderate shade.
- Grass Seed grows best in sunny areas or front lawns
- Germinates in about 14-21 days
- Sowing Rate (#/1000 square feet): 2-4
- Fine Leafed, sod-forming, perennial grass used in lawns parks and golf courses
- Performs best in the spring and fall
Produces a thick, medium green, temporary lawn that grows rapidly in full sun to medium shade. Kwik Grass® establishes quickly and can be used to overseed existing lawns.
- Provides a thick, green, temporary lawn cover
- Excellent for seasonal overseeding
- For use in full sun to partly shaded areas
- Penkoted® for seedling protection
- Solves the #1 lawn problem - BARE SPOTS
- All-in-one product contains everything needed to repair bare spots
- Pre-mixed and ready to grow. Contains Premium Grass Seed, Starter® fertilizer, and mulch
- For all-purpose use on most lawns