Seed 7-9# per 1000 square feet. This grass seed is a mixture of 5 elite turf-type tall fescues. This is a versatile mixture for all soil types. Excellent for areas of high traffic.
- Star Fire Tall Fescue
- Falcon II Tall Fescue blade runner tall fescue finelawn petite fescue dynasty tall fescue Learn More
- Sowing rate alone: 6-8#/acre
- Sowing rate in a mixture:2#/ acre
- Thrives on rich, moist, heavy soils with pH range of 4.8-6.5
- Late, hardy, bunch-type grass with high palatability has shallow root system. Mostly used in hay mixtures with legumes can be grazed with long rest period.
For a quality "all-purpose" lawn, here's an optimal mixture that thrives under full sun as well as moderate shade. An excellent choice for new lawns or inter-seeding.
- 50% 2 Improved Kentucky Bluegrass
- 30% Creeping Red Fescue
- 20% Perennial Ryegrass
Northern Zone Planting Dates
Early to mid-spring
Late summer to early fall
Transitional Zone Planting Dates NA Southern Zone Planting Dates NA Planting Depth 1/4 inch Amount of Sunlight 1/2 day of sunlight Soil pH 6.5 - 7.0 Fertilizer Starter such as 12-12-12 at seeding; follow up in 6 weeks with slow release fertilizer such as 25-0-8 Primary Usage Residential and commercial lawns Soil Type Most soil types. Soil pH is a more important variable How to See 'How To' Tab
- Covers 4x more than ordinary combination products (400 square feet)
- Holds moisture for less watering
- Expands to provide nutrient rich seed bed
- Natural appeal, no ugly green paper
- Easy to use shaker bag
- Great for roadways, bare spots, and large bare areas
Contains NO Crabgrass!
Suggested Seeding Directions NEW SEEDING RESEEDING 1. Cultivate the soil and grade to desired smoothness. 1. Mow existing turf to height of 1 to 2 inches. 2. Sow grass seed generously to cover area completely. 2. Spread seed generously throughout the lawn area. 3. Rake soil lightly to cover seed 1/8 inch. 3. Gently rake existing grass so seed will filter through the turf and make contact with the soil. 4. Keep seeded area well watered daily until grass appears. 4. Keep the area well watered until grass is established. 5. Begin to mow the grass after it has reached a height of 2 inches. NOTE: Seeding rate 8 to 10 lbs. per 1000 sq. ft. NOTE: Seeding rate 4 to 5 lbs. per 1000 sq. ft.