Contains NO Crabgrass!
Suggested Seeding Directions NEW SEEDING RESEEDING 1. Cultivate the soil and grade to desired smoothness. 1. Mow existing turf to height of 1 to 2 inches. 2. Sow grass seed generously to cover area completely. 2. Spread seed generously throughout the lawn area. 3. Rake soil lightly to cover seed 1/8 inch. 3. Gently rake existing grass so seed will filter through the turf and make contact with the soil. 4. Keep seeded area well watered daily until grass appears. 4. Keep the area well watered until grass is established. 5. Begin to mow the grass after it has reached a height of 2 inches. NOTE: Seeding rate 8 to 10 lbs. per 1000 sq. ft. NOTE: Seeding rate 4 to 5 lbs. per 1000 sq. ft.
- Solves the #1 lawn problem - BARE SPOTS
- All-in-one product contains everything needed to repair bare spots
- Pre-mixed and ready to grow. Contains Premium Grass Seed, Starter® fertilizer, and mulch
- For all-purpose use on most lawns
The Perennial Ryegrass provides for a quick cover and is a fast growing, fine leaged grass with excellent turf quality. This seed is used in mixtures with Bluegrass and fine Fescue.
Sowing Rate (#/1000 square feet): 7-9
- Used in clay and loam soils with medium fertility.
- Has Fair drought tolerance.
- Requires direct sunlight.
This grass seed is an all-purpose permanent lawn mixture with quick emergance. Use in sun or ligh shady areas.
- Turf Seed
- 50 Lbs.
- Quick Growning Blend
- Sowing Rate (#/1000 square feet): 5-7
- Creeping Red Fescue
- Perennial Ryegrass
- Kentucky Bluegrass
- Annual Ryegrass
For a quality "all-purpose" lawn, here's an optimal mixture that thrives under full sun as well as moderate shade. An excellent choice for new lawns or inter-seeding.
- 50% 2 Improved Kentucky Bluegrass
- 30% Creeping Red Fescue
- 20% Perennial Ryegrass
Northern Zone Planting Dates
Early to mid-spring
Late summer to early fall
Transitional Zone Planting Dates NA Southern Zone Planting Dates NA Planting Depth 1/4 inch Amount of Sunlight 1/2 day of sunlight Soil pH 6.5 - 7.0 Fertilizer Starter such as 12-12-12 at seeding; follow up in 6 weeks with slow release fertilizer such as 25-0-8 Primary Usage Residential and commercial lawns Soil Type Most soil types. Soil pH is a more important variable How to See 'How To' Tab
The original grass seed mix just got better; introducing superior grass seed variety, darker green, disease resistant. Durable fine leaf texture Mixed 25 Lb Bag of Grass Seed. Grass seed for lawns, pastures and turf grass establishment. "Contains no Crab-Grass Seeds".Learn More
- Covers 4x more than ordinary combination products (400 square feet)
- Holds moisture for less watering
- Expands to provide nutrient rich seed bed
- Natural appeal, no ugly green paper
- Easy to use shaker bag
- Great for roadways, bare spots, and large bare areas
The Timothy Climax seed is a late, hardy, bunch-type grass with high palatability has shallow root system. Mostly used in hay mixtures with legumes can be grazed with long rest period.
- Sowing rate alone: 8-10#/acre
- Sowing rate in a mixture:2-6#/ acre
- Thrives on rich, moist, heavy soils with pH range of 4.8-6.5