The Timothy Climax seed is a late, hardy, bunch-type grass with high palatability has shallow root system. Mostly used in hay mixtures with legumes can be grazed with long rest period.
- Sowing rate alone: 8-10#/acre
- Sowing rate in a mixture:2-6#/ acre
- Thrives on rich, moist, heavy soils with pH range of 4.8-6.5
Regular Price: $74.99
Special Price: $69.99
This grass seed is an all-purpose permanent lawn mixture with quick emergance. Use in sun or ligh shady areas.
- Turf Seed
- 50 Lbs.
- Quick Growning Blend
- Sowing Rate (#/1000 square feet): 5-7
- Creeping Red Fescue
- Perennial Ryegrass
- Kentucky Bluegrass
- Annual Ryegrass
Regular Price: $99.99
Special Price: $95.99
For a quality "all-purpose" lawn, here's an optimal mixture that thrives under full sun as well as moderate shade. An excellent choice for new lawns or inter-seeding.
- 50% 2 Improved Kentucky Bluegrass
- 30% Creeping Red Fescue
- 20% Perennial Ryegrass
Northern Zone Planting Dates
Early to mid-spring
Late summer to early fall
Transitional Zone Planting Dates NA Southern Zone Planting Dates NA Planting Depth 1/4 inch Amount of Sunlight 1/2 day of sunlight Soil pH 6.5 - 7.0 Fertilizer Starter such as 12-12-12 at seeding; follow up in 6 weeks with slow release fertilizer such as 25-0-8 Primary Usage Residential and commercial lawns Soil Type Most soil types. Soil pH is a more important variable How to See 'How To' Tab
- Solves the #1 lawn problem - BARE SPOTS
- All-in-one product contains everything needed to repair bare spots
- Pre-mixed and ready to grow. Contains Premium Grass Seed, Starter® fertilizer, and mulch
- For all-purpose use on most lawns
- Covers 4x more than ordinary combination products (400 square feet)
- Holds moisture for less watering
- Expands to provide nutrient rich seed bed
- Natural appeal, no ugly green paper
- Easy to use shaker bag
- Great for roadways, bare spots, and large bare areas
Orchardgrass (Dactylis glomerata L.) is a bunch-type, tall-growing, cool-season perennial grass. It is one of the most productive cool-season grasses, tolerant to shade, fairly drought resistant with moderate winter hardiness. Orchardgrass does not exhibit as much tolerance to drought or winter hardiness as tall fescue and bromegrass. It has been reported growing in the United States since before 1760. The Orchardgrass is early, hardy, pernnial bunch type with quicly regrowth. Used for pasture amd hay and is commonly used in forage mixtures with legumes.
- Drought Tolerant
- Sowing Rate: Alone - 10-15#/acre , In Mixtures - 3-5#/acre
Contains NO Crabgrass!
Suggested Seeding Directions NEW SEEDING RESEEDING 1. Cultivate the soil and grade to desired smoothness. 1. Mow existing turf to height of 1 to 2 inches. 2. Sow grass seed generously to cover area completely. 2. Spread seed generously throughout the lawn area. 3. Rake soil lightly to cover seed 1/8 inch. 3. Gently rake existing grass so seed will filter through the turf and make contact with the soil. 4. Keep seeded area well watered daily until grass appears. 4. Keep the area well watered until grass is established. 5. Begin to mow the grass after it has reached a height of 2 inches. NOTE: Seeding rate 8 to 10 lbs. per 1000 sq. ft. NOTE: Seeding rate 4 to 5 lbs. per 1000 sq. ft.
Produces a thick, medium green, temporary lawn that grows rapidly in full sun to medium shade. Kwik Grass® establishes quickly and can be used to overseed existing lawns.
- Provides a thick, green, temporary lawn cover
- Excellent for seasonal overseeding
- For use in full sun to partly shaded areas
- Penkoted® for seedling protection