Pricing Varies By Region. Please Contact Your Local Store for Pricing.
- A complete, nutritious vegetarian diet—no need for supplementation
- 16% protein and fortified with vitamins and minerals to promote hen health and egg production
- Contains a proprietary blend of nutrients to naturally support the immune system and overall health of the bird
- NO added antibiotics or hormones
- Added marigold extract for golden yolks
- Added prebiotics, probiotics and yeast culture that support digestion
- Available regionally in a pellet or a crumble form. Check with your local Nutrena® retailer for availability in your area.
- Crude Protein: 16.0%
- Lysine: 0.75%
- Methionine: 0.35%
- Crude Fat: 2.5%
- Crude Fiber: 6.0%
- Calcium: 3.7% - 3.9%
- Phosphorus: 0.45%
- Salt: 0.25% - 0.65%
- Sodium: 0.15% - 0.23%
- Feed as the sole ration beginning at 16 weeks of age
- Don’t let feeders run empty
- Clean feeders and waterers regularly
- Keep clean, fresh water available at all times
- Provide appropriate size grit as needed
- Oyster shell or coarse ground limestone may be fed from the onset of lay in addition to NatureWise® Layer Feed
- Raising Health Hens
Is there anything more satisfying than a fresh egg? Raising layer hens is an investment in wholesomeness. A good coop, fresh water and nutritious feed are essential to your flock’s health.
Your coop keeps your flock comfortable and safe. Make sure each hen has at least four square feet of space, and provide one perch and one nest box for every four or five hens. Spread a thick layer of wood chips or shavings on the floor to absorb droppings and give the birds a place to take a dust bath. Be sure the coop is draft free in the winter and well ventilated in the summer. Close the coop door each night to protect your hens from predators.
Because hens rarely find enough nutrients on their own for a complete, balanced diet, your choice of feed is important. Provide feed and fresh, clean water at all times. Oyster shell or ground limestone will help hens maintain their calcium levels, and an occasional treat of scratch grains will satisfy their pecking instincts and keep them busy.
SKU 4671652 Model 91587-40 Weight 40.0000 Color No Size No Width No In Store Only No Price $11.99
Rural King provides a defect or damage warranty within 30 days of receipt. All Manufacturing Return Policies Supersede Rural King's Return Policy.
- Best feed Review by Matt
Price Value Quality
I've tried most others brands and get the best results from Nutrena.
(Posted on 11/1/2015)
Write Your Own Review
- Q & A
Product QuestionsQuestion by: Jamie on Aug 5, 2012 9:08:05 PMHello Jamie,
Ground corn, yeast culture, dehulled soybean meal, processed grain by-products, vitamin a supplement, vitamin b12, supplement, riboflavin supplement, niacin supplement, d-calcium, pantothenate, thiamin mononitrate, pyridoxine hydro chloride, menadione sodium bisulfite complex, biotin, folic acid, DL methionine, calcium carbonate, salt manganous oxide, manganese sulfate, ferrous sulfate, copper chloride, copper sulfate, zinc oxide, zinc sulfae, ethylenediamine dihydroiodeid, sodium selenite, lactobacillus adcidophilus fermentation product dehydrated, lactobacillus casei fermentation product dehydrated, pichia pastoris fermentation extract dehydrated, yucca schidigera extract, marigold extract, hydrolyzed vegetable oil.Answer by: D.J. (Admin) on Aug 5, 2012 9:08:05 PMDo you know if the ingredients are sufficient for organic eggs from the hens?
Also, do you know if the contents are from non-GMO (non-genetically modified) corn, soybeans, etc?Curious - respones above contradicted each other. Does this feed contain products that are GMO? Is this feed considered organic?