Pricing Varies By Region. Please Contact Your Local Store for Pricing.
40 bags per skid
- Controlled starch formula: SafeChoice®, with its controlled starch, highly digestible fiber formula, aids in balancing the energy from these multiple sources in the diet. Controlled starch diets are widely recommended for use in horses that are prone to metabolic disturbances related to high starch intake.
- High quality, balanced nutrition: Calorie-rich fats from vegetable oil, controlled starch levels, guaranteed amino acid levels, vitamins and minerals have been scientifically balanced and formulated for every life stage. Formulated with organic trace mineral complexes, added yeast culture and Direct Fed Microbials.
- Enhanced processing: SafeChoice® is pelleted to enhance the digestibility of the nutrients critical to a horse's health and performance.
- Crude Protein: 14.0%
- Lysine: 0.80%
- Methionine: 0.30%
- Threonine: min. 0.50%
- Crude Fat: 7.0%
- Crude Fiber: max. 15.0%
- Calcium: min. 0.90%-max. 1.20%
- Phosphorus: 0.75%
- Copper: 50 ppm
- Zinc: 160ppm
- Selenium: 0.6 ppm
- Vitamin A: 3,500IU/lb
- Vitamin D: 350 IU/lb
- Vitamin E: 100 IU/lb
- Biotin: .45mg/lb
- Use the Feeding Table below as a guide. Be sure to monitor your horse's body condition closely and adjust as necessary for the desired body condition and activity level.
- Feed with clean, good quality hay at the rate of 1.0-1.75 lbs (kg) of hay per 100 lbs (kg) of bodyweight per day, or the pasture equivalent.
- Divide the recommended feeding level into two or more equally spaced feedings per day.
- Provide fresh, clean water at all times except to hot and tired horses. Always cool down your horse properly before providing free access to water.
- Make salt available free choice.
SafeChoice® Feeding Table* (per head per day)
- Maintenance Horses: 0.25 to 0.50 lb of feed / 100lb Body Weight
- Pregnant Mares: First Two Trimesters of Gestation - 0.25 to 0.50 lb of feed / 100lb Body Weight.
- Last Trimester of Gestation: 0.50 to 0.75 lb of feed / 100lb Body Weight
- Lactating Mares: Early Lactation (Foaling to 3 Months) - 1.00 to 1.50 lb of feed / 100lb Body Weight
- Late Lactation (3 Months to Weaning): 0.75 to 1.00 lb of feed / 100lb Body Weight
- Performance Horses: Light Exercise - 0.50 to 0.75 lb of feed / 100lb Body Weight.
- Medium Exercise: 0.75 to 1.00 lb of feed / 100lb Body Weight.
- Intense Exercise: 1.00 to 1.50 lb of feed / 100lb Body Weight
- Growing Horses: Foals - Creep Feed
- Weanlings: 1.50 to 2.00 lb of feed / 100lb Body Weight
- Yearlings: 0.75 to 1.50 lb of feed / 100lb Body Weight
Do not feed horses to excess body condition, particularly growing horses.
SKU 4670258 Model 1316 Weight 50.0000 Color No Size No Width No In Store Only No Price $15.99
Rural King provides a defect or damage warranty within 30 days of receipt. All Manufacturing Return Policies Supersede Rural King's Return Policy.
- Great Substitute instead of sweet feed Review by Heather
Price Value Quality
I used this on my young mare and it was perfect for her because it wasn't too much energy added and she loved it!
(Posted on 9/4/2015)
- Highly recommend Review by Rtf6393
Price Value Quality
I have a thoroughbred I barrel race and she keeps getting ulcers in her stomach so our farrier recommended this feed and because she was leaving a lot of feed behind even after we got the ulcers taken care of and now she cannot get enough of this stuff and hasn't gotten an ulcer since! I would recommend this to any horse owner!
(Posted on 5/25/2014)
Write Your Own Review
- Q & A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!