- Output Range 65 to 200A AC
- 10-Percent Duty Cycle @ 180A
- 1 year warranty
- 230V 41 Amp 60 Hz Input Power
- Product Dimensions: 19 x 14 x 20 inches
Need to cut steel? Thinking about an oxy acetylene cutting torch to do the job? Consider a plasma cutter. This simple technology uses an electrical arc and compressed air to cut steel, aluminum, and other conductive metals.
The AirForce 40i plasma cutter features an inverter design that is both lightweight and powerful. The product also features an ergonomic trigger safety, more efficient air consumption, and economically priced XT40R torch consumables. The 40i requires 230 V, 50 A input power and compressed air delivery of at least 4.8 scfm @ 90-120 psi. Maximum cutting of mild steel is 7/8 inch at 50% duty cycle for heavy-duty production requirements.
Compared to the complexities of an oxy fuel cutting torch system, plasma cutting is easy.
- Cuts faster than oxy fuel
- More precise cut, thinner kerf, less slag to clean up
- Smaller heat-affected zone for less warping
- No gas pressure settings or flame tuning needed
- No preheating of metal prior to cutting
- XT40R Torch - Designed for increased comfort with an ergonomic trigger safety, more efficient cooling and economical replacement cutting tips.
- Pilot Arc Controller - Allows you to cut expanded/perforated metals, as well as painted or coated surfaces, without retriggering the torch.
- Wind Tunnel Technology - Prevents abrasive dust and particles from damaging internal components.
- Fan-On-Demand - Cooling system operates only when needed reducing power consumption and contaminants drawn into the machine.
- Power Factor Correction (PFC) Circuitry - Draws up to 30% less amperage for the same cutting range as compared to the competition. PFC expands operators work area via extension cord, while minimizing nuisance circuit breaker trips caused by voltage drops.
- LVC Line Voltage Compensation - Provides peak performance power under variable input voltage conditions (±15%) for steady and cleaner-ending cuts.
- Internal Gas/Air Filter and Regulator - Controls amount of usage and flow of air or gas.
- Starts Without High Frequency - Protects unit by not interfering with or damaging controls or computers.
- Diagnostic Lights - LED lights for quick troubleshooting of pressure, power and cup situations.
- Cable Management Strap - Secures torch, work cable and power cord to make transporting easy and convenient.
- Postflow Cooling Circuit - Extends life of consumables and torch by cooling them with postflow air after trigger is released.
- Compatible with Engine-Driven Welders - Capable of cutting 3/8–5/8 in. mild steel when powered by an engine-driven welder with a 240 V generator power outlet of 8 kW or more.
- Hobart's 5/3/1 Industrial Warranty - Five-year manufacturer warranty on transformers, stabilizers and generators; three years on electronics (drive motors, rectifiers); and one year on guns (MIG and plasma torches).
- 12-ft. (3.7 m) XT40R hand-held torch
- 12-ft. (3.7 m) work cable with clamp
- Extra consumables
- 10-ft. (3 m) power cord with plug
- Easy-to-connect, built-in gas/air filter and regulator for extra protection
- Light Construction
- Body Shops/Fabrication
- Rated Output at 50% Duty Cycle: 40 A, at 140 VDC
- Max. Open-Circuit Voltage: 400 V
- Amps Input at Rated Output, 60 Hz: 208 V -33, 230 V 30
- kVA: 6.8
- kW: 6.6
- Plasma Gas Flow/Pressure: 4.8 CFM (136 L/min) at 90 –120 PSI (621–827 kPA) Recommended
- H: 11-1/4 in. (286 mm)
- W: 8-1/4 in. (210 mm)
- D: 14-1/4 in. (362 mm)
- Net Weight: 40i w/torch: 31.4 lb (14.2 kg)
- Ship weight: 35.8 lb (16.2 kg)
The Metal Man Arc 200 is a 230V powered, 200 Amp AC Stick Welder. This machine is capable of welding up to 3/8 inch mild steel in a single pass. It is capable of welding electrode sizes from 1/16 inch up to 5/32 inch. There is a built in cart that makes it easy to move this machine to the work site.
With built-in Thermal Overload protection this machine is reliable and affordable.
- Tips & Electrodes for Hobart AirForce 250ci and 500i Plasma Cutters.
- 2 Tips and 2 Electrodes / pkg.
This completely portable lightweight oxy-acetylene cutting and welding outfit weighs less than 32 lbs. and is ready to go where you need it. Compact design stores easily for road travel or when not in use. Ideal for general maintenance, farming, shop, and home use. All brass Oxygen and Acetylene regulators provide efficient and dependable control of gasses. Ergonomically balanced high density polyethylene carrier is extremely durable and includes hose wrap and covered accessories storage compartment. Ready to weld up to 3/32” and cut up to ½” with the nozzle and tip included. Welds up to 1 ¼” and cuts up to 6” mild steel with optional, medium duty Victor style tips and nozzles.
Comes Complete with:
- (1) Brass Torch Handle with Factory Installed Check Valves
- (1) Brass Cutting Attachment with Stainless Steel Tubes and Lever
- (1) #0 Cutting Tip (factory installed in cutting attachment)
- (1) #0 Welding Tip
- (1) Flip Front Goggles 2 X 4 ¼” Shade #5
- (1) Brass Oxygen Compressed Gas Regulator w/ 2” Gauges & T-handles
- (1) Brass Acetylene Compressed Gas Regulator w/ 2” Gauges & T-handles
- (1) Tip Cleaner Kit
- (1) Size 1 MC Style 10cf Acetylene Cylinder (New & Empty)
- (1) Size 1 20cf Oxygen Cylinder (New & Empty)
- (1) Tank Wrench (single function)
- (1) Single Flint Striker
- (1) 12.5’ Oxy/Fuel Twin Hose 3/16” ID “T” Grade (for all gases)
- (1) Plastic Tote (Black) with Hose Wrap
- (1) Instruction Manual
- (1) New Cylinder Information Sheet
An all-purpose stick electrode for use in all positions on carbon and galvanized steel. 60,000 PSI tensile strength. Deep penetrating, ideal for welding through light to medium amounts of dirty, rusty or painted materials. Runs on AC or DCEP (reverse) polarity. Size: 1/8". 25lb Plastic.Learn More
The Discovery Series™ provides a standard viewing area lens, dual arc sensors for reliable arc detection, as well as grind mode to shield the welder while preparing to weld surfaces. The external shade control enables the welder to adjust lens darkness from shade #9 to #13 for a wide range of MIG, Stick and limited TIG applications. The Discovery Series is the perfect choice for the occasional welder, hobbyist, or person who is discovering welding for the first time. The Camo helmet features a Mossy Oak® Break-up® Infinity™ camo pattern.
- Recommended Welding Processes: Stick, MIG and Flux Cored
- 1/12,000 second reaction time
- Variable shade #9-13, light state #4
- 6.9 square inch viewing area
- Grind mode
- Sensitivity control has infinite adjustment for varying ambient light
- Delay control between 0.1 and 1.0 seconds
- Auto on/auto off
- 2 independent arc sensors
- 1 - CR2450 lithium battery
- Lightweight (18 oz.), durable polyamide
- ANSI Z87.1-2010 approved, certified to CSA/CD standards
- 2-year warranty
Great in single- or multi-pass welds particularly on thin-gauge mild or galvanized steel. Typically used for light structural, machinery part fabrication, prefab construction, railroad car repair, short assembly welds, tanks and general fabrication.Learn More