The Discovery Series™ provides a standard viewing area lens, dual arc sensors for reliable arc detection, as well as grind mode to shield the welder while preparing to weld surfaces. The external shade control enables the welder to adjust lens darkness from shade #9 to #13 for a wide range of MIG, Stick and limited TIG applications. The Discovery Series is the perfect choice for the occasional welder, hobbyist, or person who is discovering welding for the first time. The Camo helmet features a Mossy Oak® Break-up® Infinity™ camo pattern.
- Recommended Welding Processes: Stick, MIG and Flux Cored
- 1/12,000 second reaction time
- Variable shade #9-13, light state #4
- 6.9 square inch viewing area
- Grind mode
- Sensitivity control has infinite adjustment for varying ambient light
- Delay control between 0.1 and 1.0 seconds
- Auto on/auto off
- 2 independent arc sensors
- 1 - CR2450 lithium battery
- Lightweight (18 oz.), durable polyamide
- ANSI Z87.1-2010 approved, certified to CSA/CD standards
- 2-year warranty
This Hobart welding helmet is suitable for MIG, TIG and Stick welding. The Impact Series lens features both weld and grind modes. It features a large viewing area three independent arc sensors, grind mode sensitivity and delay controls. It includes Hobart's 2 year lens warranty.
- Lens viewing area – 7.05 square inches
- Variable shade #8 –13, light state #3
- 1/25,000 switching speed
- 3 independent arc sensors
- Low battery indicator
- Lightweight Polyamide Shell
- Adjustable Ratcheting Headgear
- Lens size: 3.82" x 1.81" (6.91 sq. inches)
Need to cut steel? Thinking about an oxy acetylene cutting torch to do the job? Consider a plasma cutter. This simple technology uses an electrical arc and compressed air to cut steel, aluminum, and other conductive metals.
The AirForce™ 700i is an economical plasma cutting system for all conductive metals. Inverter-based design and reliable technology pack a lot of performance into a very portable package. The Airforce™ 700i plasma cutting system is excellent for light and heavy industrial users. Automated operations are also well within its range. Unit is compatible with engine-driven welders when powered with a 240 V generator power outlet of 8 kW or more.
Compared to the complexities of an oxy fuel cutting torch system, plasma cutting is easy
- Cuts faster than oxy fuel
- More precise cut, thinner kerf, less slag to clean up
- Smaller heat-affected zone for less warping
- No gas pressure settings or flame tuning needed
- No preheating of metal prior to cutting
- Input Power - 208-230 VAC, 50 amp circuit, single phase
- New Inverter Design - Powerful cutting ability at just over half the weight of prior model (AirForce 625). Weighs only 31.4 lbs.
- Capable with Engine-Driven Welders - Capable of cutting 3/8 to 5/8 in. mild steel when powered by an engine-driven welder with a 240 V generator power outlet of 8 kW or more.
- New Ergonomic Torch - The new HP-70 torch is designed for increased comfort, more efficient cooling and economical replacement cutting tips.
- Post-flow Air Cooling - Cools the torch and tip after cutting, extending life of replaceable tip and electrode.
- Fan-On-Demand - Runs only when needed reducing dust/debris pulled into unit.
- Wind Tunnel Technology - Prevents abrasive dust and particles from damaging internal components.
- Thermal Overload Protection - Built to withstand tough working environments. Rated for 35% duty cycle at 104° Fahrenheit. Duty cycle will increase as environmental temperature decreases.
- Cable Management Strap - Secures torch, work cable and power cord to make transporting easy and convenient.
- Line Voltage Compensation (LVC) - Provides peak performance power under variable input voltage conditions (±15%) for steady and cleaner ending cuts.
- Power Factor Correction - Expands operator’s work area via extension cords while minimizing nuisance trips caused by voltage drops.
- HP-70 torch with 16.5ft (5m) lead and consumables
- 16.5 ft (5 m) heavy duty work clamp
- 10 ft. (3 m) power cord with 230 VAC, 50 A plug
- Sheet Metal
- Auto Body
- Rated Output at 50% Duty Cycle: 40 A, at 140 VDC
- Max. Open-Circuit Voltage: 400 V
- Amps Input at Rated Output, 60 Hz: 208 V -33, 230 V 30
- kVA: 6.8
- kW: 6.6
- Plasma Gas Flow/Pressure: 4.8 CFM (136 L/min) at 90 –120 PSI (621–827 kPA) Recommended
- H: 11-1/4 in. (286 mm)
- W: 8-1/4 in. (210 mm)
- D: 14-1/4 in. (362 mm)
- Net Weight: 700i w/torch: 31.4 lb (14.2 kg)
- Ship weight: 35.8 lb (16.2 kg)
This 115V, 20 Amp input, 70 Amp AC output arc welder features a metal design that allows easy interaction with controls. The transformer design provides an easier start and smoother arc. Preset welding rods requires 15 amp circuit for 1/16 in. rods and 20 amp circuit for 5/64" rods. Thermal overload protection automatically shuts off to avoid overheating. Portable welder with oversized handle that fits all sizes comfortably. Includes hammer/brush, starter pack of electrodes and hand shield.
- Durable metal welder w/ comfort fit handle
- Hardworking transformer
- Dual heat setting
- Great for small repairs and hobby welding
Medium Duty Outfit
Versatile yet economical, this "HOBART" outfit includes many features found in more expensive outfits. The HOBART TOUGHCUT™ is perfect for a multitude of applications such as farm, ranch, hobby, automotive, refrigeration, light fabrication and repair. This outfit is designed for use with acetylene fuel gas but can operate on propane by simply changing to propane tips. Ready to weld up to 3/32” and cut up to ½” with the nozzle and tip included. Welds up to 1 ¼” and cuts up to 6” mild steel with optional, medium duty Victor style tips and nozzles.
Comes Complete with:
- (1) Brass Torch Handle with Factory Installed Check Valves
- (1) Brass Cutting Attachment with Stainless Steel Tubes and Lever
- (1) #0 Cutting Tip (factory installed in cutting attachment)
- (1) #0 Welding Tip
- (1) Set of Optional Torch Mounted Flashback Arrestors (Oxy + Fuel)
- (1) Flip Front Goggles 2 X 4 ¼” Shade #5
- (1) Brass Oxygen Compressed Gas Regulator w/ 2” Gauges & T-handles
- (1) Brass Acetylene Compressed Gas Regulator w/ 2” Gauges & T-handles
- (1) Tip Cleaner Kit
- (1) Tank Wrench (multi-purpose 10-way)
- (1) Single Flint Striker
- (1) 20’ Oxy/Fuel Twin Hose 3/16” ID “T” Grade (for all gases)
- (1) Instruction Manual
A low-hydrogen electrode for use in all positions on low, medium and high-carbon steels. 70,000 PSI tensile strength. Ideal for out-of-position welding and tacking. Runs on AC or DCEP (reverse) polarity. Not recommended for low-voltage AC welders. Size: 1/8". 10lb. Plastic.Learn More