These versatile play packages look and feel just like the real thing! Their slightly smaller scale makes them easy to store in most play kitchens, and easy to handle as children open and close the tops, fill and empty the cans and boxes, and prepare countless pretend-play meals. The packages of Deli Cheese and Deli Slices even contain play-food pieces to add to the fun. Count them, stack them, sort them . . . then store them away in their realistic containers until your next culinary adventure!
- 8 Grocery Items
- 12 Removable Deli Slices
Little chefs in training will love fixing breakfast with this wooden waffle set! Just close the waffle iron and turn the dial, then top the waffle with butter, syrup, chocolate chips, and strawberries. This engaging set promotes hand-eye coordination, fine motor skills, creative expression, and imaginative play.Learn More
This elegant Victorian-aged family is looking for a happy home! The family includes a mother, father, daughter and baby sister dolls. These beautifully crafted vinyl dolls feature bendable limbs and intricately made clothing. This family will fit perfectly in all 1:12 scale dollhouses, including the Melissa & Doug Victorian Dollhouse. (Other items available in the Victorian Dollhouse Collection include: Kitchen, Nursery, Living Room, Bedroom and Bathroom furniture sets.)
Dimensions: 10.5" x 7.25" x 2" PackagedLearn More
This wooden set features a wooden knife and seven pieces of sliceable fruit that can be cut into a total of 17 pieces. Food makes a realistic "CRUNCH" sound when sliced. With so many pieces, it's also a great way to introduce the concepts of part, whole and fractions!
- 1 Wooden Knife
- 7 Pieces of Sliceable Fruit
Complete a puzzle to spell a word! This handsome wooden puzzle set helps children gain familiarity with the letters of the alphabet and their sounds as kids develop a sight-reading vocabulary. The letters are also wonderful for stenciling and lots of learning games. Over 60 colorful wooden letters fit into the eight two-sided cutout boards to spell three- and four-letter words. All this spelling and fine motor fun fits into one compact wooden storage case!
Dimensions: 3" x 6.5" x 14" PackagedLearn More
Young pizza chefs will shout "Mamma Mia!" when they see the 54 toppings that come with this wooden pizza set. Then they'll get busy topping, cutting and serving up six custom slices for their happy customers. The set comes with a brightly colored tray, pizza cutter, spatula and a wooden box for storage, and the pizza makes "slicing" noises when cut!
Extension Activities: More Ways to Play and Learn:
- Place all the pizza slices in a row. With the child, count the number of pieces. Repeat until the child is able to count them independently.
- Ask the child to sort the toppings into groups by type. Have the child identify each type of food and count how many there are in each group. Count how many toppings there are all together.
- Play a matching game by filling a slice of pizza with three toppings and asking the child to match your slice.
- Put all six slices of pizza on the pizza pan to introduce the word "whole." Demonstrate "half" by slicing through the middle of the pizza. Put the pizza together again, then demonstrate "thirds" by slicing the pizza into three equal sections.
- Ask the child to make you a slice of pizza to order. Specify which toppings you'd like, and ask the child to cut one or more pieces for you to "eat."
Planning a well-balanced meal is child's play with this wooden play food set. Items from the five food groups--including watermelon, milk, cheese, fish, eggs, and much more--are crafted of solid wood and come with four wooden baskets for sorting and storage.
Extension Activities: More Ways to Play and Learn:
- Ask the child to identify each food item (other than condiments) and to categorize it by basic food group: meat, dairy, grain, or fruits and vegetables. Ask the child to place each food group in a different crate.
- Ask the child to identify each food item (other than condiments) and to categorize it by basic food group: meat, dairy, grain or fruits and vegetables. Ask the child to place each food group in a different crate.
- Have the child identify the colors of each food item, and sort the items by color among the four crates.
- Help the child to assemble a balanced meal in each basket. Explain that each meal must have one item from each food group.
- Visual memory skills: Place 3-4 ingredients in front of the child. Let the child study them before asking the child to close their eyes while you remove one piece. Ask the child which piece was removed. Gradually increase the number of ingredients.
Dimensions: 2.5" x 8.75" x 12.5" PackagedLearn More
Doe, a deer...Bring a bit of wildlife into your child's room with this beloved forest friend. Excellent quality construction and attention to detail, from the top of its antlers to the tip of its white tail, make this gentle deer a wonderful new companion or decorative accent. Built sturdy. Not intended as a seat or ride-on.
Dimensions: 38" x 10" x 30"Learn More
Make your own sparkling stickers! Melissa & Doug's patented technology lets kids get the look and feel of real glitter without the mess. One simple process creates amazing results: Just peel away a section of white paper from the sticker shapes to reveal the sticky surface, then press on one of the glitter sheets for instant sparkle. With 17 foam stickers and 5 glitter sheets, there are plenty of spaceships, creepy crawlers, dinosaurs, and more adventurous favorites!Learn More
Fun on aisle five! With sturdy metal construction and pivoting front wheels, this kid-size metal shopping cart toy is the perfect addition to your play grocery store. Our mini grocery wagon is easy to maneuver, fun to fill, and built to last for years of pretend play!
Food play accessories sold separately.
Dimensions: 23.25" x 15" x 11.75" AssembledLearn More