Planning a well-balanced meal is child's play with this wooden play food set. Items from the five food groups--including watermelon, milk, cheese, fish, eggs, and much more--are crafted of solid wood and come with four wooden baskets for sorting and storage.
Extension Activities: More Ways to Play and Learn:
- Ask the child to identify each food item (other than condiments) and to categorize it by basic food group: meat, dairy, grain, or fruits and vegetables. Ask the child to place each food group in a different crate.
- Ask the child to identify each food item (other than condiments) and to categorize it by basic food group: meat, dairy, grain or fruits and vegetables. Ask the child to place each food group in a different crate.
- Have the child identify the colors of each food item, and sort the items by color among the four crates.
- Help the child to assemble a balanced meal in each basket. Explain that each meal must have one item from each food group.
- Visual memory skills: Place 3-4 ingredients in front of the child. Let the child study them before asking the child to close their eyes while you remove one piece. Ask the child which piece was removed. Gradually increase the number of ingredients.
Dimensions: 2.5" x 8.75" x 12.5" PackagedLearn More
This cuddly plush pelican has an empty belly . . . and a big appetite for fun! Young children can open the pelican's big bill (which squeaks when squeezed!) to drop four mini plush animals into his open mouth. Then the crinkly shrimp, squeaking octopus, and rattling fish and crab drop right into the bird's big belly! A peek-in, reach-in window on the pelican's front lets kids spot them easily and pull them out to try it all again. The repetitive activity is great for babies and toddlers working on motor skills and other early developmental skills. And thanks to an incredible array of fun-to-explore features--from chubby, squeak-able cheeks to crinkly wings to floppy, rattling feet--it never gets old!Learn More
Melissa & Doug K's Kids toys nurture early childhood development in three key skill areas: physical, cognitive, and social. With interactive designs and multisensory features, K's Kids promotes constructive play and effortless learning, keeping interest high and new skills flourishing throughout the baby and toddler years!
Complete a puzzle to spell a word! This handsome wooden puzzle set helps children gain familiarity with the letters of the alphabet and their sounds as kids develop a sight-reading vocabulary. The letters are also wonderful for stenciling and lots of learning games. Over 60 colorful wooden letters fit into the eight two-sided cutout boards to spell three- and four-letter words. All this spelling and fine motor fun fits into one compact wooden storage case!
Dimensions: 3" x 6.5" x 14" PackagedLearn More
On Christmas Eve—the most magical night in the North Pole—Santa’s sleigh needs Christmas spirit to make it soar on the long flight around the world.
Elf Pets™ are special North Pole animals you can adopt and love. Sent straight from the North Pole, each Elf Pet comes with a special storybook and instructions for adopting your pet friend. A magical heart charm hangs around the neck of each reindeer, and collects Christmas spirit throughout the year. Every time you care for your reindeer pet — every time you hug it and love it, talk to it and play with it—the reindeer’s heart charm fills with more Christmas spirit. On Christmas Eve, that full heart will help Santa’s sleigh fly!
- Elf Pets Book
- Plush Reindeer Toy