This wooden "calculator" helps teach math skills, patterning and color recognition. Slide and count the beads with this timeless counting frame. Fun activity ideas included!
- Move any number of beads to one side of the frame. Ask the child to match your "move" on the wire below yours. This can also be done with a repetitive pattern--arrange the 10 beads in different groupings (e.g., 3 beads, 1 bead, 3 beads, 1 bead, 2 beads) that the child has to mimic on the wire below.
- Move a certain number of beads to one side and ask the child to count how many beads you moved and how many remain on the other side. Or have the child count from one to one hundred as they move the beads on all ten wires.
Dimensions: 11.9" x 12" x 3"Learn More
Super-soft Bailey St. Bernard will come to the rescue whenever you need a cuddly friend to hug! Made of high-quality plush with a weighted bottom, this charming stuffed animal features floppy ears and lifelike details. Surface washable.
Dimensions: 17.5" x 9.25" x 6.75"Learn More
Load up the train with bright, colorful shapes and get learning off to a rolling start! The 15 easy-to-grasp wooden blocks slot onto rods on the flatcars, providing a great opportunity to practice fine motor skills. For even more play value: The blocks can also be used for stacking, building, and sorting, and the smooth-rolling train cars detach to shorten the train or let children play with the cars individually.
Extension Activities: More Ways to Play and Learn:
- Ask the child to count the number of cars on the train. Ask the child to point to the car that has only one shape of "cargo" block. If the child is not familiar with the shape, explain that it is a rectangle.
- Ask the child to remove all the blocks from the train and to sort them by color. Count each color group with the child, Repeat the activity until the child is able to count each group independently.
- Place all the blocks in a row. Ask the child to count all the blocks. Repeat the activity until the child is able to count all 15 blocks.
- Ask the child to count the wheels on the train and to identify their shape. If the child is not familiar with the shape, explain that a wheel is round like a circle.
Dimensions: 5.5" x 3.5" x 18.2" Assembled
Recommended Ages: 2+ yearsLearn More
Who's the trickiest primate in the jungle? Mischief Monkey! This lovably impish stuffed toy has a two-tone brown coat that's soft to touch, floppy arms that are easy to hold and a great big smile that makes you wonder, "What is this stuffed animal up to now?"
Dimensions: 13.5" x 9" x 5.5"Learn More
Match and sort these 25 colorful wooden pieces, and skill-building is just part of the fun. Rings, octagons, and rectangles can be slotted onto the three rods, stacked on top of each other, or lined up to compare shapes, sizes, and colors. This first-concepts set is a manipulatives all-star!
Extension Activities: More Ways to Play and Learn:
- Remove the stacking pieces from the rods and place them on a flat surface. Ask the child to sort the pieces by color. Ask the child to count the number of pieces in each group.
- Mix all the pieces together. Ask the child to sort the pieces according to shape. Ask the child to try stacking the pieces into three towers without using the rods.
- Place the pieces in a paper bag or pillowcase. Ask the child to reach into the bag and choose one piece, determining the shape before removing it (ring, octagon, or rectangle). If the child identifies the shape correctly, the piece is placed on the appropriate rod; if not, the piece is returned to the bag. Play continues until all the pieces have been placed on the rods.
Dimensions: 11" x 3.5" x 8.5"Learn More
Here's a classic black and tan dachshund whose lifelike markings add to its realistic look. The excellent quality construction and attention to details extend from its stubby legs to its pointy snout. This dog is ready to fill your lap with love.
Dimensions: 18.5" x 6" x 10"Learn More
With three colorful drum turtles, bath time just became music time with the Little Tikes Bath Drums. The turtles can float or stick to the tub and each one has a unique musical feature for kids to drum away on! These turtle bath toys not only keep your toddler engaged, but also aid in the development of motor skills. The drum sticks are sized to fit your child's little hands.
- Turtles can float in the water or stick to the tub wall
- Each turtle makes their own unique drum sounds
- Drum sticks store on the bottom of the large turtle's tummy
- All three turtles nest together for storing
Sitting in a high chair is much more fun with this fantastic bead maze. Featuring brightly colored, multi-shaped beads that spin and slide along red and yellow wire pathways that are anchored by a strong suction cup base. Encourages color recognition, hand-eye coordination and fine motor development through play!
Dimensions: 7.75" x 3.75" x 7"Learn More
This elegant Victorian-aged family is looking for a happy home! The family includes a mother, father, daughter and baby sister dolls. These beautifully crafted vinyl dolls feature bendable limbs and intricately made clothing. This family will fit perfectly in all 1:12 scale dollhouses, including the Melissa & Doug Victorian Dollhouse. (Other items available in the Victorian Dollhouse Collection include: Kitchen, Nursery, Living Room, Bedroom and Bathroom furniture sets.)
Dimensions: 10.5" x 7.25" x 2" PackagedLearn More
Crafted from select hardwood and accented with child-safe dyes, Stacking Cars feature bright colors, a clever contour that stacks in any combination and easy-roll wheels that are simple for babies and toddlers to spin. They're ideal for young toddlers improving hand-eye coordination and becoming more interested in imitating the real world around them. And with lots of colorful interest and race-ready wheels, they will keep older toddlers and preschoolers busy building sorting skills and vocabulary, and initiating a world of imaginative play.
- Beautifully designed wooden toys for babies
- Simple mechanics reinforce concepts of cause and effect
- Hide-and-reveal designs develop concepts of object permanence
- Bright colors stimulate visual development
- Wipe-clean hardwood offers durability and safety
- Dimensions: 6.5" x 4.5" x 2.25" Packaged