Nutrena SafeChoice Senior Horse Feed, 50 lb. Bag - 94511SKU: 60660121
Nutrena SafeChoice Senior Horse Feed, 50 lb. Bag - 94511
SafeChoice Senior gives your old friend what she needs to make every year golden. It's specifically designed for older horses over the age of fifteen, especially those suffering from unexpected age-related weight loss, exhibiting sluggishness, experiencing issues with muscle or coat quality, or having difficulty chewing their hay.
- Specially designed formula with high fat, controlled starch, and key ingredients for older horses
- Easier to digest and greater absorption of nutrients with our unique Nutri-Bloom Advantage. Nutri-Bloom Advantage increases fiber digestion by up to 15% and digestible energy by up to 5%. Your horse gets more nutrition from every bite.
- Balanced Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acid levels from rice bran and flax seed
- Includes Topline Balance, Nutrena's unique approach to topline health
- Highly digestible fiber sources allow you to feed SafeChoice Senior by itself, without hay or pasture
- Added fat for extra calories to help your older horses maintain condition
- Formula enhanced with antioxidants - including selenium and vitamin C and E - to support aged immune systems and help minimize the effects of stress
- Contains calorie-rich fats from vegetable oil and guaranteed amino acid levels to support muscle development and maintenance. Plus added prebiotics and probiotics to aid in nutrient digestion
- Guaranteed maximums of starch and sugar levels on the tag help take the worry out of feeding and are ideal for horses prone to metabolic issues. Controlled starch diets for these horses are a well-accepted feeding practice.
- It is kind to the digestive system, making it ideal for rehabilitating neglected or malnourished horses
Wheat Middlings, Rice Bran, Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal, Rice Hulls, Corn Distillers Dried Grains with Solubles, Cane Molasses, Soybean Hulls, Soybean Oil, Calcium Carbonate, Cooked Corn Flour, Salt, Magnesium Oxide, DL- Methionine, Natural and Artificial Flavors Added, L-Lysine, Propionic Acid (a preservative), Iron Oxide, LThreonine, Dehulled Soybean Meal, Dicalcium Phosphate, Monocalcium Phosphate, Ground Flax Seed, Vitamin E Supplement, Zinc Sulfate, Yeast Culture, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, L-Tryptophan, Zinc Oxide, Mineral Oil, Ferrous Sulfate, Biotin, Sodium Selenite, BHA (a preservative), Vitamin A Supplement, Cobalt Carbonate, Calcium Iodate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Basic Copper Chloride, Ferrous Carbonate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Folic Acid, Thiamine Mononitrate, Dried Bifidobacterium thermophilum Fermentation Product, Dried Enterococcus faecium Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus acidophilus Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus casei Fermentation Product, Zinc Methionine Complex, Manganese Methionine Complex, Copper Lysine Complex, Cobalt Glucoheptonate, Selenium Yeast, Brewers Dried Yeast, Dried Plain Beet Pulp, Ascorbic Acid, Manganese Sulfate.
|Crude Protein (Min.)||14.0%|
|Crude Fat (Min.)||8.0%|
|Crude Fiber (Max.)||16.0%|
|Dietary Starch (Max.)||14.0%|
|Copper (Min.)||40 ppm|
|Selenium (Min.)||0.30 ppm|
|Zinc (Min.)||140 ppm|
|Vitamin A (Min.)||4,500 IU/lb|
|Vitmain D (Min.)||450 IU/lb|
|Vitamin E (Min.)||150 IU/lb|
|Vitmain C (Min.)||75 IU/lb|
|Biotin (Min.)||0.45 mg/lb|
|Lactobacillus acidophilus (Min.)||5.1 Mil CFU/lb.|
|Lactobacillus casei (Min.)||5.1 Mil CFU/lb.|
|Bifidobacterium thermophilum (Min.)||5.1 Mil CFU/lb.|
|Enterococcus Faecium (Min.)||5.1 Mil CFU/lb.|
|Omega-3 Fatty Acid (Min.)||0.45%|
|Omega-6 Fatty Acid (Min.)||2.5%|
When Fed Without Hay or Pasture:
|Life stage||Activity Level||Lbs. Feed per 100 lbs. bodyweight|
|Maintenance Horses||Maintenance||1.2 - 1.4|
|Performance Horses||Light exercise||1.4 - 1.6|
|Broodmares & Foals||First two trimesters of gestation||1.2 - 1.4|
|Minis & Ponies||Maintenance||1.2 - 1.4|
|Minis & Ponies||Light exercise||1.4 - 1.6|
When Fed With Hay or Pasture:
|Life Stage||Activity||Lbs. Feed per 100 lbs. bodyweight|
|Maintenance Horses||Maintenance||0.5 - 0.75|
|Performance Horses||Light Exercise||0.7 - 1.0|
|Broodmares & Foals||First two trimesters of gestation||0.5 - 0.75|
|Minis & Ponies||Maintenance||0.5 - 0.75|
|Minis & Ponies||Light Exercise||0.7 - 1.0|
Use the feeding table as a guide for feeding SafeChoice Senior Horse Feed. Be sure to monitor your horse's body condition closely and adjust the feeding rate as necessary for the desired body condition and activity level.
If your horse has no dental problems, feed clean, good quality hay at the rate of 1.0 to 1.75 lb (kg) of hay per 100 lb (kg) of bodyweight per day or the pasture equivalent.
For horses who cannot consume roughage properly, feed SafeChoice Senior at a rate of 1.2 - 1.6% of bodyweight per day, in replacement of roughage.
If your horse has severe dental problems, SafeChoice Senior horse feed may be soaked with warm water to form QuickMash in just 3 minutes, or until it reaches the consistency your horse prefers.
Divide the recommended feeding level into two or more equally spaced feedings per day.
*This information for this product is valid at time of publication. However, recipes may change after this time so always check ingredients lists and allergenic information on the back of package.
Brand may vary
Rural King provides a defect or damage warranty within 30 days of receipt. All Manufacturing Return Policies Supersede Rural King's Return Policy.