Date of Last Revision: June 14, 2023
Welcome to the Rural King Web Site ("Site"). Please review the following basic terms that govern your use of our Site. Please note that your use of our Site constitutes your agreement to follow and be bound by those terms (the "Agreement").
We reserve the right to withdraw, or amend this Website, and any service, or any material we provide on the Website, in our sole discretion, with or without notice, at any time. We will not be liable if, for any reason, all or any part of the Website is unavailable. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Website, the entire Website, or to specific users, including registered users.
II. YOUR USE OF THE RURAL KING SITES
You are responsible for both:
- Making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Website.
If you choose, or are provided with, a username, password, or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any other person or entity. You also acknowledge that your account is personal to you and agree not to provide any other person with access to this Website or portions of it using your username, password, or other security information. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your username, or password, or any other breach of security. You also agree to ensure that you exit your account at the end of each session. You should use caution when accessing your account from a public or shared computer so that others cannot view or record your password or other personal information.
We have the right to disable any username, password, PIN, or other identifier, whether chosen by you or provided by us, at any time, and in our sole discretion. Rural King is not responsible for any losses arising out of the unauthorized use of your account. You agree that Rural King does not have any responsibility if you lose or share access to your device. Any agreement between you and the issuer of your credit card, debit card, or other form of payment will continue to govern your use of such payment method on the Rural King Sites. You agree that Rural King is not a party to any such agreement, nor is Rural King responsible for the content, accuracy, or unavailability of any method used for payment. Your account may be restricted or terminated for any reason, at our sole discretion.
In connection with the Rural King Sites, you will not:
- Make available through or in connection with the Rural King Sites any virus, worm, Trojan horse, spyware, or other computer code, file or program that is or is potentially harmful, invasive, or intended to damage or hijack the operation of, or to monitor the use of, any hardware, software, or equipment.
- Use the Rural King Sites for any commercial purpose, or for any purpose that is fraudulent, or otherwise unlawful. This includes creating fraudulent websites that mimic the Rural King website(s), infringe on protected intellectual property, and/or otherwise use Rural King material and our source material to effectuate a crime. This includes the code used to compose, write, or create the website, its features, products, or hyperlinks. If source material is obtained without permission, the Party responsible will be liable for monetary damages in a court of competent jurisdiction.
- Gather or collect information about the users of the Rural King Sites.
- Interfere with or disrupt the operation of the Rural King Sites or the systems, servers, or networks used to make the Rural King Sites available, including by hacking or defacing any portion of the Rural King Sites; decompiling or reverse engineering, or violating any requirement, procedure or policy of such servers or networks.
- Restrict or inhibit any other person from using the Rural King Sites.
- Remove any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notice from the Rural King Sites.
- Frame or mirror any portion of the Rural King Sites, or otherwise incorporate any portion of the Rural King Sites into any product or service, unless you obtain Rural King’s prior written consent to do so.
- Systematically download and store any Rural King materials.
- Use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application or other manual or automatic device to retrieve, index, “scrape,” “data mine” or otherwise gather any materials or reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Rural King Sites, without Rural King’s express prior written consent.
- You will not use the Rural King Sites or Rural King’s name, logo, or brand to send any unsolicited or unauthorized content, including advertising, promotional materials, email, or other form of solicitation. Nor will You use any meta tags, hidden text, or metadata utilizing a Rural King trademark, logo, URL, or product name without Rural King’s written consent.
III. YOUR SUBMISSION OF CONTENT AND IDEAS TO THE RURAL KING SITES
A. Submitting Content and Ideas
B. Rural King’s Rights to Use Content and Ideas
You grant to Rural King a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, unlimited, nonexclusive license to use, reproduce, create derivative works from, modify, publish, edit, translate, distribute, perform, and display (publicly or otherwise) any content that you make available. This license covers any media or medium, form, format, or forum now known, or hereafter developed. Your license grant explicitly indicates that Rural King is free to use any ideas, and for any purpose. Rural King may sublicense its rights in content and ideas through multiple tiers of sublicenses. Rural King is, and will be, under no obligation to maintain any content or idea in confidence or compensate You for the content. You grant Rural King the right to use any name associated with any content or idea that you make available to Rural King, although Rural King has no obligation to exercise such right, or to otherwise provide any attribution for any content or idea.
C. Prohibited Content
You agree that you will not make available content or written material in connection with the Rural King Sites that:
- would infringe on the rights of others (including Rural King), such as any patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity or privacy, or any other proprietary right, without the express prior written consent of the applicable owner;
- is obscene, lewd, indecent, pornographic, or otherwise objectionable;
- is inaccurate, false, fraudulent, or misleading;
- contains confidential information or personally identifiable information of yourself or others;
- violates any local, state, federal, or international laws;
- is derogatory, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful, or embarrassing to any other person, or entity, as determined by Rural King in its sole discretion;
- victimizes, harasses, degrades, or intimidates an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or disability;
- is violent or threatening, or promotes violence against, or actions that are threatening to, any individual or group;
- contains advertisements, solicitations, or spam links to other web sites or individuals, without prior written permission from Rural King;
- impersonates another business, person, or entity, including Rural King, its related entities, employees, and agents;
- is intended to cause harm, damage, disable, or otherwise interfere with the Rural King Sites or our partners.
Rural King will also have the right, in our sole discretion, to edit, move, delete, or refuse to make available any content or material made available through, the Rural King Sites, for any reason. Despite this right, You are solely responsible for any content or material you make available, and you agree to indemnify Rural King for all claims resulting from any content or material you make available.
If you find an error or notice something that is out of place or forbidden on the Rural King Sites, please contact us here. THE RURAL KING ENTITIES ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY CONSEQUENCE RELATING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY TO ANY ACTION OR INACTION YOU TAKE BASED ON THE INFORMATION OUTLINED.
IV. WEBSITE ACCESSIBILITY
Accessibility, diversity, and inclusion are fundamental values at Rural King. RK Holdings, LLP and its affiliates strive for our websites and mobile applications to be accessible to all. We are continually working to conform our sites to the standards set out in the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) version 2.1 or other standards to the extent required by the Americans with Disabilities Act ("ADA") and Video Accessibility Act (“CVAA”). Please be aware that our efforts are actively ongoing. We will continue to work towards making Rural King a more inclusive and accessible environment for all.
V. INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON OUR SITES
We make no representations as to the completeness, accuracy, reliability, validity, or timeliness of such listings, descriptions, or images (including any features, specifications, and prices contained on the Sites). Such information is subject to change at any time, without notice.
We have made efforts to accurately display the attributes of products, including the applicable colors. In addition, certain weights, measures, and similar descriptions are approximate, and are for convenience only. You will need to visit your local store or call our customer service line at the number below to confirm product attributes prior to purchase.
We sell products for children’s use; however, these Products are intended for sale to adults. Rural King has no liability to you for content on the Rural King Sites that you find to be offensive, indecent, or objectionable. Products are labeled with age restrictions or are intended for individuals of certain ages. By ordering an age restricted item, you certify that you satisfy the age restrictions.
Rural King is not responsible for, and cannot guarantee the performance of, goods and services provided by third parties, including any Rural King Entity, our advertisers, or other third parties to whose sites we link. While our goal is to provide accurate information, product packaging and material may contain more and/or different information than that provided on Rural King Sites, including the product description, country of origin, nutrition, ingredient, allergen, and other information. Always read labels, warnings, directions, and other information provided with the product before using or consuming the product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements, pet products, have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and/or Association of American Feed Officials, are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or condition. If you find a product is not as described, your sole remedy is to return it in unused condition (excluding products that are not eligible for return), in accordance with Rural King’s return policy. It is your responsibility to ascertain and obey all applicable local, state, federal, and foreign laws (including minimum age requirements) regarding the purchase, possession, and use of any product.
VI. THIRD PARTY SITES
Pursuant To 47 U.S.C. Section 230(d) as amended, we hereby notify you that parental control protections (such as computer hardware, software, or filtering services) are commercially available that may assist you in limiting access to material that is harmful to minors. Information identifying current providers of such protections is available on the following website:
OnGuard Online (http://onguardonline.gov/). Please note that we do not endorse any of the products or services listed on such website.
VIII. PLACING AN ORDER ON OUR SITES
When you place orders on our websites or mobile applications, all your order information is transmitted through the Internet using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology. SSL technology encrypts your order information before transmitting it to our secure server.
By confirming your purchase at the end of the checkout process, you agree to pay for the products in your cart, all applicable shipping and handling charges, and applicable taxes (unless exempt).
B. Product Pricing and Availability
Rural King cannot confirm the price or availability of an item until after your order is placed. Pricing or availability errors may occur on the Rural King Sites or through our vendors. The receipt of an order confirmation does not constitute our acceptance of an order or our confirmation of an offer to sell a product. Rural King reserves the right to cancel any orders containing pricing or availability errors, with no further obligations to you, even after you receive an order confirmation or shipping notice from Rural King. Rural King may cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation.
Pricing for products may be different on the Rural King Sites or from prices available in Rural King stores.
C. Promotions and Promotional Codes
The aforementioned codes are limited in nature and may expire or be discontinued with or without notice. Promotional codes may not be copied, sold, or otherwise transferred. We reserve the right in our discretion to impose conditions or restrictions on the offering of any specific promotional code. Void where prohibited by law.
D. Gift Cards
The risk of loss and title to any gift cards passes to the purchaser upon our electronic transmission to the recipient or delivery to the carrier, whichever is applicable. To find out more information on our gift cards, or to check your gift card balance, click here.
In the event You purchase a firearm, you will be required to agree to the Customer Affidavit prior to purchase. In the event that any of the statements in the Customer Affidavit are determined to be untrue, false, or otherwise misleading, You, the consumer, will defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Rural King and its owners, agents, officers, and employees against any resulting civil liability or criminal prosecution. You further understand it is your full responsibility to make sure the firearms, ammunition, or accessories purchased are legal in your local jurisdiction. For more information on firearms and firearm safety, please visit http://training.nra.org/nra-gun-safety-rules.aspx.
We strive to ship orders as soon as they are received. Our usual order processing time is 1 - 3 business days after the order has been placed. Orders are shipped via the carrier selected on checkout, FedEx (Ground, Home Delivery, Overnight), USPS (Priority Mail) or Freight. Vendor or factory-shipped items are usually delivered within 7 - 12 business days. However, certain items may take up to 2-4 weeks for delivery. Products will be shipped to an address designated by you, if applicable, so long as such address is complete and complies with the shipping restrictions contained on the Rural King Sites. All transactions are made pursuant to the terms of sale, and, as a result, the risk of loss and title for Products pass to you upon delivery of the Products to the carrier.
Some Products also have restricted delivery within the United States. Some Products may be available for pick up at physical Rural King store locations. Estimated delivery times are determined based on the method of shipping chosen when Products are purchased and the destination of the Products.
X. RURAL KING PICKUP AND SHIPPING
Use of Rural King Pickup and delivery is subject to the following additional terms:
- Once you have placed an in-store pick up order for Rural King “BOPIS,” we will send you an order acknowledgment by email setting out what you have ordered. This is not an order confirmation or acceptance from us. More information on the in-store pick-up process can be found by clicking here.
- There may be a minimum order value, which may change from time to time. In addition to the price of goods, a delivery charge as shown at checkout, if applicable, will also be payable by you. All prices quoted are exclusive of tax and you will see estimated taxes and fees when you place the order unless you are eligible for tax-exempt status. The final taxes and fees will be calculated on the day your order is picked and delivered, or picked up, as applicable. In the event your order must be fulfilled using products of different weight or volume than what you ordered, you will be charged only for the actual weight or volume delivered. The final taxes and fees will be calculated on the day your order is picked up and/or delivered, as applicable. In the event your order must be fulfilled using products of different weight or volume than what you ordered, you will be charged only for the actual weight or volume delivered.
- Due to shipment and delivery times, there are limitations on when changes or cancellations to orders can be made. These limitations will be provided when you place your order. For Pickup and delivery orders that are delivered to you, title to the goods purchased by you and the related risk of loss on these items passes to you upon delivery of the items to the carrier.
- We may, in our discretion, provide you with a refund in certain circumstances. If you are not satisfied with your order, please contact the Customer Service Team by clicking here.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, all refunds will be subject to our discretion.
- We aim to deliver your goods within the delivery or pickup window you selected when placing your order, but do not guarantee that goods will be delivered or available for pickup on or by a certain date. Rural King will not be liable for delivering the goods outside of the requested delivery or pickup slot or failing to deliver or make available for pickup all or any of the goods in your order.
- We can only deliver to an address stored in your address book in your account.
XI. EXPORT POLICY
You acknowledge that (a) goods licensed or sold on the Rural King Sites, and (b) any software or technology purchased, downloaded, or used from the Rural King Sites, are subject to the customs and export control laws and regulations of the United States of America and may also be subject to the customs and export laws and regulations of the country in which the products are manufactured and/or received, and you agree to comply with all applicable laws. You agree, represent, and warrant that no materials will be accessed from, downloaded in, released in, carried to, transferred to, transshipped through, exported to, or re-exported (collectively “transferred”) to any territory (or national resident thereof), person, entity, or organization to which such materials could not be transferred directly from the United States or by a U.S. person without a license, including without limitation to any person on the U.S. Treasury Department’s List of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Denied Persons List or Entity List.
XII. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
All copyrights, trademarks, trade dress, and other intellectual property rights there (collectively, the “IP”) are owned or controlled by or licensed to Rural King, and are protected by U.S. and international trademark, copyright, and other intellectual property laws.
No license, right, title, or interest in the Rural King Sites or any materials is transferred to you as a result of your use of the Rural King Sites or your accessing, viewing, downloading, or printing of the materials. You may not reproduce, publish, transmit, distribute, display, modify, create derivative works from, sell, or participate in any sale of or exploit in any way, in whole or in part, the information or materials found on Rural King Sites. The Rural King Sites and the materials and information contained therein may be used only as a personal shopping resource. Any other use, including the reproduction, modification, distribution, transmission, republication, display, or performance, of the Rural King Sites and the materials is strictly prohibited. The compilation, or the collection, arrangement, and assembly of the Rural King Sites and materials is the exclusive property of Rural King and is also protected by U.S. and international copyright laws.
RURALKING.com, RKGuns.com, and RKTRACTORS.com, all Rural King names and logos, and all other graphics, logos, page headers, button icons, scripts, and service names included in or made available through any of the Rural King Sites are trademarks or trade dress of Rural King in the U.S. and other countries. All other marks are the property of their respective companies.
XIV. DMCA NOTICE - NOTICE & PROCEDURE FOR MAKING CLAIMS OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
Rural King’s policy is to respond to notices of alleged infringement that comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA"). Copyright-infringing materials found on the Site can be identified and removed via our process listed below, and you agree to comply with such process in the event you are involved in any claim of copyright infringement to which the DMCA may be applicable.
If you believe in good faith that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide written information specified below. Please note that this procedure is exclusively for notifying Rural King that your copyrighted material has been infringed. Rural King does not and will not make any legal decisions about the validity of your claim of infringement or the possible defenses to a claim. When a clear and valid notice is received pursuant to the guidelines set forth below, Rural King will respond by either taking down the allegedly infringing content. Under the DMCA, Rural King is required to take reasonable steps to notify the user who posted the allegedly infringing content ("Alleged Infringer"). The Alleged Infringer is allowed under the law to send Rural King a counter-notification. Notices and counter-notices are legal notices distinct from regular Site activities or communications. We may publish or share them with third parties in our sole discretion (in addition to producing them pursuant to a subpoena or other legal discovery request). Anyone making a false or fraudulent notice or counter-notice may be liable for damages under the DMCA, including costs and attorneys’ fees. Any person who is unsure of whether certain material infringes a copyright held by such person or a third party should contact an attorney.
To file a DMCA notice, the copyright owner must send in a written letter by fax, regular mail, or email only. We reserve the right to ignore a notice that is not in compliance with the DMCA, and we may, but are not obligated to, respond to a non-compliant notice.
A DMCA notice must:
- Identify specifically the copyrighted work(s) believed to have been infringed (for example, "My copyrighted work is the picture that appears at [the review or location where the material is located].");
- Identify the Content that a copyright owner claim is infringing upon copyrighted work. The copyright owner must provide information reasonably sufficient to enable us to locate the item on the Site. The copyright owner should provide clear screenshots of the allegedly infringing materials for identification purposes only. The information provided should be as detailed as possible;
- Provide information sufficient to permit us to contact the copyright owner directly: name, street address, telephone number, and email (if available);
- If available, provide information sufficient to permit us to notify the Alleged Infringer (email address preferred);
- Include the following statement: "I have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.";
- Include the following statement: "I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the true and rightful copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.";
- Be signed; and
- Be sent to the following address:
Attn: RK Compliance (DMCA)
4216 DeWitt Ave.
Mattoon, IL 61938
And via email [email protected]
XVI. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING PROVISIONS CAREFULLY. IT MAY SIGNIFICANTLY AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING YOUR RIGHT TO FILE A LAWSUIT IN COURT.
XVIII. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY APPLICABLE LAW, RURAL KING ENTITIES WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR TO ANY OTHER PERSON UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES OR UNDER ANY LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY, WHETHER IN TORT, CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY NATURE EVEN IF AN AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE OF A RURAL KING ENTITY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THIS DISCLAIMER APPLIES TO, BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO, ANY DAMAGES OR INJURY ARISING FROM ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECTS, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, WORK STOPPAGE, ACCURACY OF RESULTS, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, COMPUTER VIRUSES, FILE CORRUPTION, COMMUNICATION FAILURE, NETWORK OR SYSTEM OUTAGE, THEFT, DESTRUCTION, UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, ALTERATION OF, LOSS OF USE OF ANY RECORD OR DATA, AND ANY OTHER TANGIBLE OR INTANGIBLE LOSS. SUBJECT TO THE FOREGOING, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY APPLICABLE LAW, NO RURAL KING ENTITY WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE FEES PAID BY YOU IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE RURAL KING SITES DURING THE SIX (6) MONTH PERIOD PRECEDING THE DATE ON WHICH THE CLAIM AROSE.
YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY APPLICABLE LAW, NO RURAL KING ENTITY WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY USER, SHOPPER, OR REVIEWER OF THE RURAL KING SITES.
XIX. CHOICE OF LAW & FORUM
You agree that the laws of the State of Illinois, excluding its conflict-of-law's provisions, shall govern this Statement. You expressly agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts of Coles County, Illinois in any suit or proceeding arising out of or relating to this Agreement or the transactions contemplated hereby. The parties irrevocably and unconditionally waive any objection to the laying of venue of any suit or proceeding arising out of or relating to this Agreement or the transactions contemplated hereby in federal and state courts in the Coles County, Illinois and irrevocably and unconditionally waive and agree not to plead or claim in any such court that any such suit or proceeding in any such court has been brought in an inconvenient forum.
XX. NOTICE & OPPORTUNITY TO CURE
In the event of a dispute, claim, or action, You shall notify Rural King in writing, and Rural King shall have ninety (90) days to cure the cause of said dispute, claim, or action. All legal notices shall be sent to the address below:
RK Holdings, LLP (d/b/a “Rural King”)
4216 DeWitt Ave.
Mattoon, IL 61938
And via email at [email protected].
© RK Holdings, LLP 2023. All Rights Reserved.
Rural King Customer Service
Email: [email protected]
Customer Service Hours: Mon-Sat: 7am - 5pm & Sun: 7am – 1pm (CST).